Stuff it Newbies! (Surface Ore No Respawn)

Creator

30 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Sometimes I think you knowingly design the game in such a way that fewer and fewer people want to play DualUniverse. It certainly won't attract new players.
Really: I just don't understand it.

Have you never played yourselves?
In the end, is it really just because we players built too much too fast? It all feels like a punishment with Demeter.

I think NQ needs to spend a week where the whole team starts the game as new players and stream it so we can see their reactions to how bad their own game is since they obviously dont really play it or if they do they started when it was a lot easier than it is now and need a reality check.

#outoftouchdevs 

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

I think NQ needs to spend a week where the whole team starts the game as new players and stream it so we can see their reactions to how bad their own game is since they obviously dont really play it or if they do they started when it was a lot easier than it is now and need a reality check.

#outoftouchdevs 

They would never do such a thing. I'm pretty sure the devs don't actually enjoy the game anymore. They just implement what the business managers want and do their best. I hope, at least.

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

#outoftouchdevs 

This is a great idea.

3 minutes ago, Sevian said:

They would never do such a thing. I'm pretty sure the devs don't actually enjoy the game anymore. They just implement what the business managers want and do their best. I hope, at least.

Childish response to a good suggestion.

17 minutes ago, Doombad said:

@Sevian is right tho.

They would never give their own game bad press since it would live in infamy in MMO history if the devs played their own game and hated what it turned into. imagine the meme's, gif, and clips lol. Though it should be done regardless since NQ is so out of touch with this game it is astounding.

17 minutes ago, Doombad said:

not really, this is what happens when workers are ignored repeatly, NQ could have the good coders but if you keep ignoring them you get a meeeh product.

and a huge employee rotation.

personally i think the NQ work etich is "meeeeh good enough for now, it sort of work i fix it later" which would explain the errors we see

2 minutes ago, Warlander said:

@Sevian is right tho.

They would never give their own game bad press since it would live in infamy in MMO history if the devs played their own game and hated what it turned into. imagine the meme's, gif, and clips lol. Though it should be done regardless since NQ is so out of touch with this game it is astounding.

They don’t have to give their game bad press. They can play the noob experience for first hand experience. They can then go behind closed doors and complain like everyone else. 

I think this is critical because the noob experience is everyone’s first impression, which can make or brake games.

1 minute ago, Doombad said:

They don’t have to give their game bad press. They can play the noob experience for first hand experience. They can then go behind closed doors and complain like everyone else. 

I think this is critical because the noob experience is everyone’s first impression, which can make or brake games.

Yeah, normally sub based MMOs lure you in with a free month, then let you experience the best the game has to offer as you progress through the difficulty level in that progression. NQ never bothered to make any tier based combat as much as a talent system for most things to just let you play the game normally as much as they only really developed the industy side of the game for parts/honeycomb as the only real content. The rest of the game is just making the ability to play viable. And now that MUs have arrived its more about how many tiles and MUs you can put down and how many players you have in your slave mining colony collecting the ore or blowing charges with nothing really else to do.

2 hours ago, Sevian said:

How does a brand new player, with no mining units, get money if they have a finite amount of surface ore to harvest?

There are ways even though it might be slow and tedious. The 150k per day and mining and selling the rocks you do have to buy mining units. I'm kinda tempted to use my remaining beta invite to see what it is like as a brand new player.

2 hours ago, NQ-Deckard said:

Hello everyone,

Surface ore does indeed not respawn, nor was it ever intended to. :)

- Deckard

In this case, just give them 4 small mining units and remove your ugly rocks from the game please.
btw a new player could easily clear their entire sanctuary tile in one weekend.

Also provide a resource pool of 50L for each T2 on each Sanct tile...

49 minutes ago, Creator said:

In this case, just give them 4 small mining units and remove your ugly rocks from the game please.
btw a new player could easily clear their entire sanctuary tile in one weekend.

Also provide a resource pool of 50L for each T2 on each Sanct tile...

When I was testing the harvesting I pretty much cleared out like 9 tiles worth of ore in like 12hrs of gameplay for like 100kl of ore. Its not like respawning rocks or rocks in different sizes is game breaking since in 10 charges over 40 or so minuites I could harves like half of what I made in 12 hours or that I get like 12500 on most of the tiles to begin with. Considering I was making like 4-600kl+ per day its still barely even 1 container per day @192kl. Now I need to spend 16mil a week to just do the same thing with taxes, playing mini games, and mining ground rocks. I used to only have to mine like 8 hours a day and now it takes like 13 hours to do less.

Its a good thing its not tedious or anything now that Decimater fixed all that tesiousness. 

2 hours ago, Haunty said:

There are ways even though it might be slow and tedious. The 150k per day and mining and selling the rocks you do have to buy mining units. I'm kinda tempted to use my remaining beta invite to see what it is like as a brand new player.

You'd run out of surface rocks before you would even get enough for a ship to take the rocks to a market to sell.

SM rarely has good buy prices, so they will get even less. Fun game!

5 hours ago, Warlander said:

#outoftouchdevs 

Ooh and then imagine their sheer joy of carting their meagre trade for an hour on their porta speeder from the nearest Sanct tile they picked (located 3000 miles from a market) just to discover they’ve made enough money to buy a small potted plant. Rock and Roll.

Edited by JoeKing

36 minutes ago, JoeKing said:

Ooh and then imagine their sheer joy of carting their meagre trade for an hour on their porta speeder from the nearest Sanct tile they picked (located 3000 miles from a market) just to discover they’ve made enough money to buy a small potted plant. Rock and Roll.

Lol makes you wonder how long it would take to bust out the gm commands.

2 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Lol makes you wonder how long it would take to bust out the gm commands.

Probably less than 30 minutes into gameplay when they realize that they just made a mistake that will cost them 4 hours of senseless wasted gametime.

29 minutes ago, Creator said:

Probably less than 30 minutes into gameplay when they realize that they just made a mistake that will cost them 4 hours of senseless wasted gametime.

P2W is still part of the game wether you sub or just buy an alt for the Exp to cut through months or years of red tape. 

$100 a month could be worth it to get 10 L containers of ore per day with no effort. Or any number of tiles inbetween paid for weeks to months is also worth cutting through all the tedious gameplay elements NQ has created.

Honestly at this point NQ should probably just sell quanta, tax free land for $, and make this easier on people. Many players and gold farmers in Du do it already NQ might as well make a cut.

3 minutes ago, Warlander said:

P2W is still part of the game wether you sub or just buy an alt for the Exp to cut through months or years of red tape. 

$100 a month could be worth it to get 10 L containers of ore per day with no effort. Or any number of tiles inbetween paid for weeks to months is also worth cutting through all the tedious gameplay elements NQ has created.

Honestly at this point NQ should probably just sell quanta, tax free land for $, and make this easier on people. Many players and gold farmers in Du do it already NQ might as well make a cut.

Honestly would pay $1 a month per tile tax cert, would have paid $20 a month to keep my resort.

Honestly they should just move away from sub to access game and charge per tile to support the game. You get one tile free, then most people would buy at least 6 more to make their 7 tile flower. Would be way better than this tax system currently.

Edited by Creator

10 minutes ago, Creator said:

Honestly would pay $1 a month per tile tax cert, would have paid $20 a month to keep my resort.

Honestly they should just move away from sub to access game and charge per tile to support the game. You get one tile free, then most people would buy at least 6 more to make their 7 tile flower. Would be way better than this tax system currently.

It certainly would get them more per month to do this game justice and cut down on land grabbing or getting paid by those who want to cut through the taxes.

NQ has set up the type of game conditions of a P2W game wether they realize it or not. Most sub based games just have subs as the price of admission with content to justify paying a sub vs P2W where you really have no content but create as many sinks and time wasting elements and adding a P2W cash shop model to speed things up and profit. DU is the latter with their gameplay being changed to once a month gratification of getting a box of ore per tile per month unless you get lucky and get better than 500-550l/h.

Sometimes it seems worth it to just buy a $100 alpha account and never pay NQ a cent.

Edited by Warlander

7 minutes ago, Creator said:

I mean I have an alpha account, would still rather pay $7 to have my tiles, and budget as needed than sit here and waist time with MUs to get quanta in a wrecked economy for taxes.

Yeah I take the opposite side of the coin in the sense of if they dont want to make a game that is fun enough to play to pay for why give them more money to burn with bad systems until they start doing the right thing to pay them. Especially since they gave out so many beta keys to freeload on and test drive the game for free. If it keeps up or they rush to launch with more faulty systems I prolly will just move on if they hold their hand out when they prematurely launch a half baked game.