Stuff it Newbies! (Surface Ore No Respawn)

Creator

With the ore prices dropping, going to be tough for new players to advance when their surface ore doesn't respawn... just a heads up!
Guess they could all go slave... I mean join orgs and get exploited for crap compensation by experienced players right? ?

Update: Making this clear this is a sanctuary tile with ore not respawning.

surface ores.jpg

They don't respawn on regular planets.  But they do respawn on the sanctuary moon.  I think you have to log out or leave the area to get them to respawn though.  Or move to the other side of the tile and use the smooth tool.  The game only seems to load the rocks in a big circle around where you first enter the tile.  But moving to another area and smoothing will force them to pop there too.

1 hour ago, Atmosph3rik said:

They don't respawn on regular planets.  But they do respawn on the sanctuary moon.  I think you have to log out or leave the area to get them to respawn though.  Or move to the other side of the tile and use the smooth tool.  The game only seems to load the rocks in a big circle around where you first enter the tile.  But moving to another area and smoothing will force them to pop there too.

This is on Sanctuary, and tried your recommendations, they won't respawn.

i had this error on my sanct tile, NQ could not solve it so i essentially had a tile with no surface rocks from beta start to 0.24

what did solve it was quitting the game around 0.24 and coming back now... weeeee....

8 hours ago, Creator said:

With the ore prices dropping, going to be tough for new players to advance when their surface ore doesn't respawn... just a heads up!
Guess they could all go slave... I mean join orgs and get exploited for crap compensation by experienced players right? ?

surface ores.jpg

I don't know what organization you've been in, but you seem rather embittered.

In our organization if the new player can participate in daily life (refreshment in VR of Mining Unit for example) he can have whatever he wishes.

And we are certainly not the only organizations work like this.

I think the problem is with you and your selfish, self-centered behavior.

=> 

Otherwise it will be necessary that NQ make it possible to choose if one wants the renewal of the stones or not.

The fact that they can disappear completely is a good thing. These neon candy fields are so ugly.

53 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

I don't know what organization you've been in, but you seem rather embittered.

In our organization if the new player can participate in daily life (refreshment in VR of Mining Unit for example) he can have whatever he wishes.

And we are certainly not the only organizations work like this.

I think the problem is with you and your selfish, self-centered behavior.

=> 

Otherwise it will be necessary that NQ make it possible to choose if one wants the renewal of the stones or not.

The fact that they can disappear completely is a good thing. These neon candy fields are so ugly.

Oh well, please realize that you are talking to CREATOR. He is not a new player at all. All he did was to point out, that this might be a real problem for actual new players.

Wait, surface rocks do not respawn?

So Im lucky with the T2 rocks ive picked up since demeter? Every market I visit I go and pick up rocks for 5 minutes, just for fun.

Should we all go out and harvest the T2 rocks before anyone else does? 

What the big idea here, that we harvest our planets empty?

Yea.. Simple programing does not solve complex issues.

So here is what i think is happening (and was happing before in alioth):

There is a max ammount of surface stones in the entire planet. 

When this value is reached, one rock needs to be minned for a new one to be free to spawn. 

The problem is that the rocks you mine in your territory will have a chance to spawn anywhere in the planet. 

Because most of the planet is unowned or abandoned, no one will mine those locations, creating a chance for rocks to spawn back in your territory. 

Its obvious that a planetary pool of rocks does not work unless players are allowed to surface mine everywhere. 

just making it clear... this is a sanctuary tile without respawn we are talking about here, I couldn't care less about other planets not respawning surface ore. Only concerned about new players with this issue.

41 minutes ago, Creator said:

just making it clear... this is a sanctuary tile without respawn we are talking about here, I couldn't care less about other planets not respawning surface ore. Only concerned about new players with this issue.

look it after 24hours please.

2 minutes ago, NQ-Deckard said:

Hello everyone,

Surface ore does indeed not respawn, nor was it ever intended to. :)

- Deckard

Good afternoon Deckard:

How does a brand new player, with no mining units, get money if they have a finite amount of surface ore to harvest?

24 minutes ago, NQ-Deckard said:

Hello everyone,

Surface ore does indeed not respawn, nor was it ever intended to. :)

- Deckard

Man you guys hate new players. :)

Im sure if there was a middle finger emoji that was it.

You guys realize this is a game and not some slave mining colony sim right? The worse you keep making the game the less new players you will get and or retain...

If this is working as intended then:

• Why does harvesting 1 surface rock despawn up to 6 surrounding surface rocks?
  • Why does mining surface rocks not use mining talents since you are essentially mining surface rocks even though you consider it "harvesting"?
  • Why dont you spawn anything other than 20L rocks on the surface even though you now have 500L rocks to increase variety?
  • Why dont you spawn anything other than rocks like salvage random elements you could spawn in addition to rocks?

22 minutes ago, NQ-Deckard said:

Hello everyone,

Surface ore does indeed not respawn, nor was it ever intended to.
:)

- Deckard

Sometimes I think you knowingly design the game in such a way that fewer and fewer people want to play DualUniverse. It certainly won't attract new players.
Really: I just don't understand it.

Have you never played yourselves?
In the end, is it really just because we players built too much too fast? It all feels like a punishment with Demeter.