Hi Devs, can we please have tis platform on top of market 6 removed

Underhook

This platform is right over market 6.  I very nearly ran into it as it spawned in when I was about 100 mtrs from it.  My understanding is that dynamic constructs are not allowed over markets, is that right?

Anyway in the picture you can see I'm standing a little over 900mtrs from the market and the platform is clearly seen.  Strange thing is that when I'm standing next to the market the platform becomes invisible.  The platform does not become visible until I move around 300 mtrs away.  Anyway its a menace, can we have it removed please?

market6.thumb.png.68904d88703c40df0cf888e7fa5fb47a.png

Thats someone's structure in someone's territory. 

If they were to remove that, they would then have to remove all space elevators around the map. 

So, lets talk about the "problem" , instead of the "incident". 

Should continue NQ allow for structures suspended kms away from the ground?

If not, how should the rule be written? 

Should the game have some mechanism to warn players that they are about to colide? 

Should structures get a heavy highlight border so people can see them (like a single voxel floating in the air ) 

26 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

If I may suggest.. read OP again.. 

So, it is a dynamic construct inside the market hex? 

Nothing to do if so. Dynamic structures are allowed to enter the market territoty. 

While you may say that that's not a ship or that has been there for months, it will not change the fact that the pilot needs to aproach the markets carefully because other players may have AGG ships standing on top of markets. 

In the end, a colision warning system or special rendering/highlight objects in front of the ship ia the solution. 

I do not agree that  an empty single voxel high XS core square dynamic construct righ on top of the market is OK.. You may think it is, but from my perspective it is both an unnneeded risk and somthing NQ should actively discourage.

Anything that does not move on a market tile for 24 hours should be impounded and available to collect from the Aphelia Impound Office at the ARK ship for a fee which increases over time and will get higher the more frequent you have to come collect your ship there.

Simple solution using allready available in game systems, keeps things clean and would be cheap in dev cost especially when you consider the impact it would have.

13 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

Anything that does not move on a market tile for 24 hours should be impounded and available to collect from the Aphelia Impound Office at the ARK ship for a fee which increases over time and will get higher the more frequent you have to come collect your ship there.

Look, i agree with you. Thats why years ago i suggested and keep suggesting that a virtual garage is added to markets and ships despawn from game into that virtual garage after X minutes (like EVE ships entering a station) 

But markets are not the only place this colisions happen. 

And XS cores without voxels are not the only thing players colide against. 

In addition to any measure to clean markets, I belive some kind of colision system is needed. 

IMO there's a simple answer to this sort of thing.  Two changes:
- no static constructs are allowed more than 1km off the ground height (like no soil is allowed 100m above it).  All things higher get converted into dynamic constructs.
- If someone collides with a dynamic construct that construct starts moving (based on a conservation-of-mass type of calculation based on the two relative masses of the construct).  It doesn't take damage and the colliding ship does, but both keep moving.

So then you would have a solution to remove that menace.  Just get into a ship and crash into it, making it fall.

22 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

- If someone collides with a dynamic construct that construct starts moving (based on a conservation-of-mass type of calculation based on the two relative masses of the construct).  It doesn't take damage and the colliding ship does, but both keep moving.

Can you imagine, someone bored with the game, approaching a market with a L core shaped like a hockey stick and and loaded with 1000 tons, just sending all those XS ships into oblivion? 

Yay, another topic to unproductively fight over, cause someone wants to split hairs on something that is clearly an annoying issue.
NQ needs to fix the parking situation, the no dock bubbles make it almost impossible to land.

Not that the dev's read these threads... but hey, that wouldn't in any way lead us to where we are today.

2 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Can you imagine, someone bored with the game, approaching a market with a L core shaped like a hockey stick and and loaded with 1000 tons, just sending all those XS ships into oblivion? 

OK, so moving on collision would only apply to ships not in contact with the ground.  

Although 'district 6 bowling' would be a hilarious way to keep it clean of junk.

At this point the way NQ handles markets in general just makes me laugh.

On one hand its like the whole way they set them up is counterproductive with the platforms if they just simply flattened the tile smooth with no plants or whatever decreasing performance and make it more like a spaceport baxaar. Or that since NQ does not seem to have thought about using the dirt voxels to make roads or whatever they could have just painted voxels onto the surface for parking areas and cut down on the need for the platforms.

And on the other hand they have taxes but no parking meter fines, auto despawning or impounding the landfill of junk and just let people just keep piling more on top of the graveyard of ships with more and more. 

Its certainly a comedy of errors at this point.

Yes, impounding+despawning constructs parked for too long at markets is a good idea, but I don't see how it would help here because the construct is floating far above the market.

I've had problems with these at other markets and on one occasion a 618 element ship was 100% destroyed by flying into one.  Also those tall thin towers cause similar problems and these are worse now that the game doesn't seem to spawn them in from as far away as it did before.

For a while now I've wished that these would at least fall out of the sky once they cause someone a problem.  And ramming them would be fun.

First off, I am glad you managed to dodge it . The reason why the platform in question becomes invisible while at the market is because your client prioritizes the rendering of nearby constructs first, and there are generally a large number of constructs at the market. As you move farther away the level of detail is reduced and thus your client can thus handle more of them.

As for the platform itself, the rule is that airspace within 2km of the market building must remain clear. I encourage the original poster to submit an in-game report if you think that this platform is violating market airspace. The forums are a great place for player discussion and development feedback, but a formal report is the best way to get the attention of the GM team.

For those interested, the current market parking policy is summarized here: https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/23459-market-clean-up-updated-oct-20-2021/&tab=comments#comment-169840

2 hours ago, Msoul said:

As for the platform itself, the rule is that airspace within 2km of the market building must remain clear.

What rule? 

So if you buy the Territory adjacent to the platform (500m) distance, you are not allowed to park your AGG ship floating above your territory? 

15 hours ago, Underhook said:

Strange thing is that when I'm standing next to the market the platform becomes invisible.  The platform does not become visible until I move around 300 mtrs away.  Anyway its a menace, can we have it removed please?

They added a limit to the number of constructs that you can see at one time.  It's in the graphics options, and i think it was set to 70 by default.  If there are more then 70 then it only loads the constructs that are closest to you.

70 is pretty low, but i guess that's probably good for people entering the game for the first time with a low end computer.  I turned it up to 200, i think it went up to 1 or 2 thousand.

10 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

They added a limit to the number of constructs that you can see at one time.  It's in the graphics options, and i think it was set to 70 by default.  If there are more then 70 then it only loads the constructs that are closest to you.

70 is pretty low, but i guess that's probably good for people entering the game for the first time with a low end computer.  I turned it up to 200, i think it went up to 1 or 2 thousand.

Thanks, thats could be why.  I left mine at 70 because even with an i9  market performance isnt the best.

3 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

So if you buy the Territory adjacent to the platform (500m) distance, you are not allowed to park your AGG ship floating above your territory? 

That is a very good question. Ultimately its up to the GMs to decide if someone is in violation as well as what level of corrective action is warranted (relocate, delete, etc.). There is probably a degree of leeway if the player owns said territory but I don't know for sure. Just apply common sense for now and if it becomes a problem then the CMs can provide clarification. If I had to guess, a single AGG ship parked a tile away will likely be overlooked or at worst moved elsewhere. Giant walls of constructs placed parallel to the market hex are probably getting bulldozed without compensation.

5 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

And ironically I am unable the rapport them because the shield thing is preventing me from landing and selecting the "Rapport abuse" option.

That was unexpected. As an alternative you could submit a report the old fashioned way using coordinates and pictures of the constructs for reference. However since you found quite a few it might just be better to let a GM know via the in-game help channel. If you are lucky they may just take care of it right away but more than likely they will get to it during the next market cleanup pass.

7 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Ive turned it up to 200 as well. I have a 175 m-core space station. It was anoying to see big parts of my base not loading in. then suddenly appear again. Or to see my parked ships 'floating' in space because the base hasnt loaded in.

I also think its dangerous of NQ to put it at 70, imagine approaching a market and suddenly a tower pops in cuz you are into the 70 max.

Its a very strange feature that they have implemented and, as with all things they do now, they have not thought this through.