Moons

They are the red headed step child of orbital bodies. Shit ore.  Asteroids respawn and have better ore.  If you want to live in space, a space station is better now because you can evade taxes.  New idea.  

Remove tiles from the moons.  And once every 2 weeks respawn the ore, reset the terrain.  Unless that digging is still to much, you would have Madis moons and thades for safe zone. Outer moons would be pvp zone (eventually) and a good way to get some more mid tier and t1 ore. Resetting the terrain and random ore should be easy and doable they do it weekly with Asteroids on smaller scales. Give moons a purpose. Could also in a round about way add to TW and another point of interest later on, as people will try to put space cores near them and mine em all out as an org. Good for pvp and points of interest.  Come on NQ shake things up, not everything needs to be a damn tile. 

Its true that moons are currently useless.

Maybe they could be integrated into the mission system.

So for example. 

Mission:   Scientists would like you to setup a mining camp on Ion Moon 2 and mine 10KL of Malachite (a prepaid Territory unit is supplied).  Once this is achieved our science team will take over the camp.  Payment is 18 million quanta.

3 hours ago, Underhook said:

Its true that moons are currently useless.

Maybe they could be integrated into the mission system.

So for example. 

Mission:   Scientists would like you to setup a mining camp on Ion Moon 2 and mine 10KL of Malachite (a prepaid Territory unit is supplied).  Once this is achieved our science team will take over the camp.  Payment is 18 million quanta.

This would be gameplay, NQ doesn't like those ideas.

6 hours ago, Zarcata said:

Moons are great, at least if you use Space-Only ships. Who wants to go to the overpopulated planets?

OK, So, you are based on a moon?

I can see a certain appeal.  If we were not allowed to have space stations I might have considered it.