Scavenging plans are bordering on moronic

Anopheles

According to NQ the only way you are going to be able scavenge constructs is to purchase the tile with the wreck (so that's a 500k hole to fill) and then wait two weeks for the owner of the construct to get it.

Apparently this will protect those players without the forethought to land their craft on safe turf and, effectively, reduce player responsibility for a microscopic percentage of players who may be absent for two weeks on short notice.

While I'm closer to the free for all approach, (if you've not interacted with a construct on an unclaimed tile (or my tile without a prior agreement) for a week it' should be fair game), I'd be happy with the burden of payment being on the construct owner.

A kind of insurance payment of 100k - 1m q (based on core size) lasting a month that prevent the construct being scavenged (in game indicated by a green bubble) while insured.

This will open up some much needed gameplay, though I agree with the Ytuber that's it's just making money for money's sake, as are nearly all DU activities.

Stop talking sense. 

I just can't wait until the scavenging becomes... looting only the valuables, and leaving all the ugly butt structures abandoned littering Alioth. Going to look like a Minecraft server where someone left floating trees in the starting area for 50+ Km.

10 minutes ago, Creator said:

Stop talking sense. 

I just can't wait until the scavenging becomes... looting only the valuables, and leaving all the ugly butt structures abandoned littering Alioth. Going to look like a Minecraft server where someone left floating trees in the starting area for 50+ Km.

Right? If I do manage to claim a tile and the former-owner is absent for 2 weeks: I'm only taking the items and then unclaiming.

If NQ thinks everyone is just going to wipe clean the tile, then they're in for a surprise.

29 minutes ago, Sevian said:

Right? If I do manage to claim a tile and the former-owner is absent for 2 weeks: I'm only taking the items and then unclaiming.

If NQ thinks everyone is just going to wipe clean the tile, then they're in for a surprise.

If they made it a free for all after say 1 month of unpaid taxes you would have higher chance, as even newbies would pick at the scraps and voxels.  If NQ is going with this salvage for unpaid taxes just have some fucking balls and abandon all static constructs, make it a free for all. Unless someone "wants" to claim it.

Its NQs weird logic.

Why should I have to claim a tile I will just turn around and mine for a week, steal the constructs and everything in the tile and then pick up and let it rot at the end of the week since im not intending to pay the taxes on the tile if that is the intended goal. If it is just sitting abandoned it should be totally lootable.

Its like the graveyards I mean markets where there are pretty much thousands upon thousands of constructs that need to disapear via salvaging since they are mostly abandoned at this point but you cant claim a market and NQ does not charge any of the cores rent with the new tax system to make them abandoned.

And the whole premise of salvaging dead constructs is pointless for the most part if you are litterally kicking people out of the game that NQ needs subs to keep going. Its the dumbest thing you can do if you want players to come back at some point if the game starts turning around. That is unless there is a full wipe and the stuff didnt matter in the first place which is the only card NQ has left to play to potentially bring people back.

Especially if you consider NQ could spawn any element that has a mesh onto the ground including any blueprint of any ship in the game at any time. It would be much better to find elements on the ground instead of rocks as pure metals, chunks of scrap, parts, damaged parts, or full ships.

NQ just likes to take the easiest dev solutions with no forethought of what they are creating or the impact on the game it has.

5 minutes ago, Warlander said:

NQ just likes to take the easiest dev solutions with no forethought of what they are creating or the impact on the game it has.

And that's why the game will never "take off" because they are incapable of developing fun things, and unique things. Always least amount of effort and it shows.

1 minute ago, VandelayIndustries said:

And that's why the game will never "take off" because they are incapable of developing fun things, and unique things. Always least amount of effort and it shows.

If they just added PvP cores (dunamic/static) they could have had PvP as the driver for anyone wanting to have or use weapons along with anyone wanting to produce top tier parts or weapons manufacturing to create scavengable ships but hey the only card they had in their deck apparently was IRS reposession simulation as PvT to clean out players. They wasted anough time to create a territory tax system that does nothing to clear out the market constructs and instead target players who actually followed NQs vision to create the world others will experience before they decided to erase it all from existance. 

But hey priorities i guess.

4 hours ago, Anopheles said:

According to NQ the only way you are going to be able scavenge constructs is to purchase the tile with the wreck (so that's a 500k hole to fill) and then wait two weeks for the owner of the construct to get it.

Actually, it's a 3.5M hole to fill as you wil need to pay at least three weeks of taxes before you even have a chance to claim the construct(s).

and you have a good chance the original owner may show up last second and you will be out of that money

5 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

Actually, it's a 3.5M hole to fill as you wil need to pay at least three weeks of taxes before you even have a chance to claim the construct(s).

and you have a good chance the original owner may show up last second and you will be out of that money

Yes, thank you.  

9 hours ago, Warlander said:

And the whole premise of salvaging dead constructs is pointless for the most part if you are litterally kicking people out of the game that NQ needs subs to keep going. Its the dumbest thing you can do if you want players to come back at some point if the game starts turning around

Some studios have a knack for making simple things fun for example, NQ on the other hand has a knack of doing something and it has the opposite effect they want. It's really uncanny. They need more subs to keep the lights on quite likely so they drop demeter which only nails the coffin shut on my friends ever returning. If our tiles and constructs are gone, noone is coming back. 

What would help is NQ has an internal development meeting, record decisions and ideas as a result and then implement the exact opposite. That might be a game worth playing if it happened over a long enough period of time.

4 minutes ago, RumRunner25 said:

Some studios have a knack for making simple things fun for example, NQ on the other hand has a knack of doing something and it has the opposite effect they want. It's really uncanny.

That is becaue NQ is not working to make the game fun anymore. They are doing what they can to keep the lights on.

They worked themselves into the situation they are in becasue they never had an actual plan and never tried to change course unless they allready smashesd into the wall, even when many of us kept signallingthem of the waall they were about to hit.

After al lthese years, they still seem to think they can build their sandbox and tens of thousands of players wil lmagincally show up and start building content for them. They still keep making the same mistakes and the same bugs keep showing up.. Several small but annoying issues, especially in the UI/UX have been around for many, many months, shoudl be easy enough to fix but are ignored.

Case in point.. they once again broke entering Lua parameters in Demeter.

9 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

Several small but annoying issues, especially in the UI/UX have been around for many, many months, shoudl be easy enough to fix but are ignored.

I think you mean years.

This was one of the things we kept bringing up during the closed pre-alpha testing. Since NQ keept ignoring all those small and easy to fix bug issues that where accumulating into a bad experience overall.

Instead NQ wanted to focus on the big "we know best" stuff and make large patches like they already where in a released game, instead of small incremental ones like any sane dev team would do (waterfall vs agile). And as a result there was no feeling of gradual improvements. And in the end they failed at the "we know best" stuff, and the bugs and lousy UX/UI design they could have fixed to improve quality of life also remained..

And this multiplied by many similar issues, is why there are so many "angry vets" in this game.

22 hours ago, Anopheles said:

Apparently this will protect those players without the forethought to land their craft on safe turf and, effectively, reduce player responsibility for a microscopic percentage of players who may be absent for two weeks on short notice.

I think this mechanic is only for static cores is it not?  Even if you claim the tile you still won't be able to claim dynamic cores which happen to have landed on it.  I don't think there's any way to 'salvage' dynamic cores.

I'm still amazed the talent queue is actually not a simple list using style formatting but what appears to be a row of buttons.. I mean, how do you not make a simple thing sluggish and inflexible.

Ever noticed how you do not actually insert a talent between to others, you wither place it below one or above the one underneath it..

7 hours ago, Zeddrick said:

I think this mechanic is only for static cores is it not?  Even if you claim the tile you still won't be able to claim dynamic cores which happen to have landed on it.  I don't think there's any way to 'salvage' dynamic cores.

My District 6 tile is filled with abandoned dynamic constructs that I have to move away in increments (move tool timeout) to keep the litter out of sight. And all I am effectively doing is push the problem over to the next tile, and hope he/she won't just push it back over to my tile again.

And the solution is dead simple. Implement a parking fee function that would have solved not only this, but also the District spam problem.

7 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

I'm still amazed the talent queue is actually not a simple list using style formatting but what appears to be a row of buttons.. I mean, how do you not make a simple thing sluggish and inflexible.

Ever noticed how you do not actually insert a talent between to others, you wither place it below one or above the one underneath it..

It is all the small simple stuff like this that brings the general impression down.

- How did they manage to implement a notification system so badly that it lagged the game?

- A talent queue with no sorting functionality other then manually dragging stuff up and down?

- Search tab not active when you enter market/inventory etc. panels, so you have to manually click it every time

- A chat system from the early 2000's

and so the list goes on..

14 hours ago, RumRunner25 said:

Some studios have a knack for making simple things fun for example, NQ on the other hand has a knack of doing something and it has the opposite effect they want. It's really uncanny. They need more subs to keep the lights on quite likely so they drop demeter which only nails the coffin shut on my friends ever returning. If our tiles and constructs are gone, noone is coming back. 

What would help is NQ has an internal development meeting, record decisions and ideas as a result and then implement the exact opposite. That might be a game worth playing if it happened over a long enough period of time.

There is a difference in the saying "Keep it simple stupid" and NQ's method of "Keep it simply stupid".

Considering the game went into pre-alpha testing in sept 2017 they have had plenty of time over the last 5 years to make some kind of game with the budget they had.

Instead:

• They spend way to much time remaking/removing core systems they make that are just as broken as the systems they replace that are less frun and tedious then the system before that is supposed to add performance and make it less tedious.
  • They make basic systems full of loopholes and exploits and then updated them with new loopholes and exploits with incentives.
  • They spent a majority of their time focusing on PvP and still failing to actually balance or impliment it properly in a supposed PvP game that just needed PvP based cores and pushing top tier industry manufacturing into Pvp static cores to slow down industry and remove items from the game.
  • They want to do everything manually for some reason instead of developing simple tools or giving the players tools to do the same thing in the instance of removing dirt from cores for the Demeter update if they just gave us a cloned version of the add/remove voxel tool and let us remove dirt ourselves rather than having staff waste hours on the clock doing it.
  • They spend more time coming up with punishments vs gameplay features to actually open up gameplay rather than preventing players from experiencing the game since they dont know how to impliment PvP and the building community not wanting assets destroyed in a PvP game.

Its like NQ cant stop chasing their tail with all the problems they created with bad game design that forces them to keep running aournd in circles trying to fix what they broke or failed to impliment if they just thought about what they create for more than an initial "you know what would be cool.." brainstorm without diving deep into the system mechanics they want to create, how it can be exploited by players, and actually making it entertaining at the same time. When a studio focuses on limitations, cutting content, and punishments vs creating content that is entertaining they have missed the point of a game entirely.

3 minutes ago, Warlander said:

There is a difference in the saying "Keep it simple stupid" and NQ's method of "Keep it simply stupid".

Considering the game went into pre-alpha testing in sept 2017 they have had plenty of time over the last 5 years to make some kind of game with the budget they had.

Instead:

• They spend way to much time remaking/removing core systems they make that are just as broken as the systems they replace that are less frun and tedious then the system before that is supposed to add performance and make it less tedious.
  • They make basic systems full of loopholes and exploits and then updated them with new loopholes and exploits with incentives.
  • They spent a majority of their time focusing on PvP and still failing to actually balance or impliment it properly in a supposed PvP game that just needed PvP based cores and pushing top tier industry manufacturing into Pvp static cores to slow down industry and remove items from the game.
  • They want to do everything manually for some reason instead of developing simple tools or giving the players tools to do the same thing in the instance of removing dirt from cores for the Demeter update if they just gave us a cloned version of the add/remove voxel tool and let us remove dirt ourselves rather than having staff waste hours on the clock doing it.
  • They spend more time coming up with punishments vs gameplay features to actually open up gameplay rather than preventing players from experiencing the game since they dont know how to impliment PvP and the building community not wanting assets destroyed in a PvP game.

Its like NQ cant stop chasing their tail with all the problems they created with bad game design that forces them to keep running aournd in circles trying to fix what they broke or failed to impliment if they just thought about what they create for more than an initial "you know what would be cool.." brainstorm without diving deep into the system mechanics they want to create, how it can be exploited by players, and actually making it entertaining at the same time.

NQ is crazy. And your right with all that pvp stuff they did the one element we got was a shield. Big whoop.  Should of also made it so L core weapons can't hit anything with a velocity greater than 0 so that makes them the perfect siege weapons for station pvp and territory warfare.  Give them a unique role. And M and S would be main pvp ships. Oh well 

8 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

NQ is crazy. And your right with all that pvp stuff they did the one element we got was a shield. Big whoop.  Should of also made it so L core weapons can't hit anything with a velocity greater than 0 so that makes them the perfect siege weapons for station pvp and territory warfare.  Give them a unique role. And M and S would be main pvp ships. Oh well 

Yeah I dont get how NQ treats space PvP like an unwinnable drag race in most instances since you cant outrun or dodge weapons and the shields pretty much blow up your core if you use them making your ship an even bigger broader target to hit depending on how many cores you dock.

Its like how they handled collisions that an XS core breakbox could blow up an L core and everything on it if it break checks the larger core which should have done little to no damage to the L core ship. It completely breaks any sense of realism even though most of the game is built on realism at its core.

I can see with like chainguns or rail guns being based on straight up ammo being a straight shot requiring leading the target to hit it and if you move or are going faster than the auto aim thinks then just simply chaging course should override the auto aim and miss.

But like shields the lazer based weapons need to have some sort of power source or cell to power the weapon or defense that is not based on core stress since who in their right mind would design a defense system to make your ship a bigger broad target that could blow up your ship if you dont stack/dock cores. It should rely on an overall powersource like a reactor to power those types of weapons or defenses.

And likewise with chain or rail guns the laser based weapons should have a speed based speed that can be dodged unless its is a ray based weapon that does less damage overall and eats up a lot of power which in of itself should lessen efficiency.

But missles most of all should require different fuel sources for speed to be used in the same box with the missles that actually has a finite amount of distance it can travel or how much it is actually allowed to turn in addition to how fast it actually can travel. Large L class missles should be slow vs slow traveling L class ships and still allow some tracking and the ability to doge the missle. Where as M class missles should be slightly faster and agile at the expense of damage but still deadly vs M class ships or extended volleys at an L class ship. And so on with S or XS class missles where the damage capability should be baked into each core class XS-L in how much damage one side core can do vs another in terms of offense/defense and not just about stacking how many weapons you can. The mass of a missle and its payload should be part of the speed with the payload targeting specific types of elements, shields, etc that requires choice or the ability to scroll your mouse to select what kind of damage you want to focus on by the current weapon type.

But really the defense should be baked into the voxels by type of ore or tier in the sense that Iron can absorb damage but steel, titanium, graphine, or whatever should have resistances baked into it as well and not just flat AoE based damage when it should be DD to what it hits and then a smaller AoE delayed blast component.

But most of all most PvP could be largely avoidable or changed if the 30kmph speed cap were lifted and if it is a drag race you could or should be going much faster than some random ship coming from a side angle you should easily outrun if you werent being knee capped in speed or at the very least able to outrun missles or whatever.

Its just a broken boring auto aim system I dont really care about even if TWs were forced on me at this point since they dont know what to do with PvP to make it fair, fun, balanced, and still player skill based vs talent/script based.