Maybe the biggest factor in the new mining system overlooked by NQ is ....

Novean-32184

6 hours ago, NoveanCitizen401 said:

Also, good luck selling ore for any kind of measurable profit.  I'm sitting on 2m units of Chromite that I mined right before the MU's dropped, and I've watch the price per unit tank by over 75% since then.  Right about to dip below 100/unit.  Can't pay taxes if nobody is buying ore. 

Why should we buy ore?

It's been 1 years now that we have been waiting for PvP. Just to start having fun and using our tens of millions of liters of ore stored for over a year.

And PvP is still not there.

Now we are going to add tens of millions of liters of ore to our stocks every month.

And we still don't have PvP.

Who will want ore in the market? to do what ?

5 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Why should we buy ore?

It's been 1 years now that we have been waiting for PvP. Just to start having fun and using our tens of millions of liters of ore stored for over a year.

And PvP is still not there.

Now we are going to add tens of millions of liters of ore to our stocks every month.

And we still don't have PvP.

Who will want ore in the market? to do what ?

The people that will create cool looking buildings!!! That also have no function...that no one visits....because cities aren't a thing.  PvP was obviously slapped on and not built into the foundation.  Sucks too cause NQ has made more than 1 pvp trailer that advertises pvp,  in a way that is in no way reality.  And so here we are.

I do not think PVP was "tagged on" in that it is an afterthought. I do think NQ could have done a better job of accommodating for PVP in the core code in advance which seems to not really be the case.

The biggest issue here I see is that NQ never clearly set correct expectations for combat and instead basically tried to create an image for it which borders on what they could ever achieve while as closely as possible links in with expectatiosn from the community. NQ shoudl have been much more direct and clear about the role combat plays in the game, which is not the role many seem to want/expect at all. That, after 7 years of development, the other pillars for the game have pretty much all underdelivered, have been reduced in functionality for cost reasons or are still entirely absent does not help in this matter either .