So a complete stranger can now mine on your tile as much as he/she or their org likes

Novean-32184

Peter is friends with Paul.

They exchanged rights to mine on each other's tiles.

Frank is friends with Paul but does not know Peter.

Frank has exchanged access righte to constructs with Paul as they are in the same org and now can mine on Peter's tiles as well

Working as intended?

Can you please provide more information of how your RDMS is set up.
Who is owner of hex tile, who is owner of the static construct and who is activating a mining unit.

From what I understand you are saying that person A owns a tile, and set up RMDS policy to allow person B activation of mining units on his territory?
Or does he allow person B to deploy static constructs on his tile?

If second, and person B deployed a static core, and gave rights to build and use elements on it to person C, then yes, person C would be allowed to place and activate mining unit on person's B core on person's A tile. As the owner of static core is person B and he is allowed to mine on that territory, and technically, he is the one who is mining.
Sounds like intended.

Sure @W1zard ..

• Owner of the tile is Peter
  • Paul has rights to use mining units on Peter's tiles and for him to be able to do that he needs to also have rights to deploy static cores on the tile
  • Frank has rights to use Paul's constructs and access elements on them
  • Paul places a static construct with mining units on a tile owned by Peter
  • Frank can now use the mining units to collect ore on Peter's tile without Peter even knowing it.

The ability to mine is linked to the owner of the construct the unit is on, not to whoever operates the mining unit. I can't imagine this is intentional but woudl be interesting to know,

This also implies that entire orgs can fairly easily gain access to any tiles one of their members have access to on a personal level 

I mentioned in another thread that this should be as easy to solve in RDMS as the person accessing the mining unit needs to have the "Mine Territory" right for the territory the construct holding the mining unit is on. The "use mining unit" right is actually entirely unneeded.

24 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

Sure @W1zard ..

He asked for direct transcripted rights. 

He wants to know the name of the right you gave. 

Print screens are probably the fastest way to do this. 

Most times the error is with ppl misinterpreting the the actual right means individually then they come here saying they have a problem when it was their assumption that was wrong. 

So please provide direct transcripts of was is on RDMS. 

I think he got exactly what I was meaning to say but does not see the fact a third party  can now access someone's tile for mining without the tile owner knowing as aproblem or at least as intended.

He did not ask for me to display the rights set at all.

My point I guess is that whoever operates a mining unit needs to have mining rights set, linking that to the construct owner the unit is on is not correct.

33 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

linking that to the construct owner the unit is on is not correct.

I don't see why this is incorrect.
The person who own a static core also own any mining unit placed on it, as well as any ore in containers at that core.
If he would like to share any of his commodities he is able to do so via RDMS.
Technically, when a third person activates the mining unit, ore ownership still goes to a person you were given rights too.

I get why you want this to be changed tho (So it to be consistent with previous mining/harversting rights), and maybe it should be changed as you are saying. Maybe it should be brought to NQ's attention in some QnAs, but i doubt this would be changed.

48 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

I think he got exactly what I was meaning to say but does not see the fact a third party  can now access someone's tile for mining without the tile owner knowing as aproblem or at least as intended.

Ok, If Peter doesn't actually trust Paul, then he should deploy the construct himself and give Peter the limited rights he needs on that. If he does trust Paul or doesn't care if he does what you are concerned about everything should be fine.

I'm not sure i understand what the issue is.

Do you think that the third party should require permission from the first party, before they can use mining units that belong to the second party? 

If the second party has permission to place cores and operate mining units i don't see why they wouldn't be able to share them with someone else.

The third party can't deploy cores or really do anything at all on the territory other than access the second parties' stuff right?

6 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

I'm not sure i understand what the issue is.

Do you think that the third party should require permission from the first party, before they can use mining units that belong to the second party? 

If the second party has permission to place cores and operate mining units i don't see why they wouldn't be able to share them with someone else.

The third party can't deploy cores or really do anything at all on the territory other than access the second parties' stuff right?

The only possible issue I see here, is that if was much less MUs that one person could operate, or much larger ore pools.

E.g. there was ore pool enough to feed 100 MUs, and one person can handle only 10 at a time. Than giving rights to mine only to one person (even you gave the rights to deploy core units) he should be able to only manage 10 MUs on your territory. With current RDMS he would be able to give use element right to his org and manage all 100 MUs.

But that's not the case currently, so I don't see a problem either.

@Jake Arver

So Jake is the problem that your org mates or alliances allow them to mine on your territories you pay for and are siphoning off ore from your l/h tax free, or is it that by allowing people to mine on your tile (as NQ mentioned in the Vlogs) does it make it so that with org mates you can potentially gain more ore per tile with allowing other people to mine on it multiplying output?

The posts were semi vauge just looking for clarification.

I am wondering if this behaviour is intended. It seems to me it is easily exploitable as it essentially allows an entire org to mine on tile they are not paying taxes for anyway.

As I also understand that the L/h value is now limitless, the question there remains what is 10 people start mining for the same ore, do they each get that rate or is the rate set per tile, that I have actually not yet tested. whichever way that answer falls, there is either an exploit or a potential "soft PVP" or griefing potential there.

45 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

I am wondering if this behaviour is intended. It seems to me it is easily exploitable as it essentially allows an entire org to mine on tile they are not paying taxes for anyway.

As I also understand that the L/h value is now limitless, the question there remains what is 10 people start mining for the same ore, do they each get that rate or is the rate set per tile, that I have actually not yet tested. whichever way that answer falls, there is either an exploit or a potential "soft PVP" or griefing potential there.

Ill also test this later as well. Its still worth checking out how the system sees individual's cores or org cores in a few environments.

NQ did say you could charge people for mining on your tile it would make sense that you should be able to charge them rent or inform them the rent when they put down a core on your land.