How Happy Are you With Dementor?

Creator

How much do you enjoy Dementor?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. 10 ='s Love it / 0 ='s Hate it

1 minute ago, Haunty said:

I gave 7 because a flat tax is lazy and an energy system would make more sense, but I'm sure NQ didn't have the resources to make a new system at this time. Other than that, I don't miss underground mining, mining unit gameplay isn't bad and doesn't take up too much of my time once set up. More safe zone asteroids is good. I also was not affected much because I didn't claim a ton of tiles or build up a lot of statics. I've been around since pre-alpha was released but I don't go hard in alpha/beta games for this reason.

Completely understandable, and good points, definitely good to hear all sides.

17 minutes ago, Haunty said:

I gave 7 because a flat tax is lazy and an energy system would make more sense, but I'm sure NQ didn't have the resources to make a new system at this time. Other than that, I don't miss underground mining, mining unit gameplay isn't bad and doesn't take up too much of my time once set up. More safe zone asteroids is good. I also was not affected much because I didn't claim a ton of tiles or build up a lot of statics. I've been around since pre-alpha was released but I don't go hard in alpha/beta games for this reason.

I would rather they just did cooldowns/lockouts then an energy system.

Say for instance they just do an hour cooldown and turn it into a group activity by letting a few people play the game non stop for an hour and mini game all the MUs you own and then have other people group mine all the rocks its infinatly a better system.

They could also just let you run the game each hour for like a production buff. perhaps even if it only spawns like 1kl per MU it would be more active if you could just actively mine with the miners rather than collect ore for free.

Or better yet it would be interesting if there was some kind of sonar equipment you could put down to just instantly beat the mini game if you triangulate or place down 6 sonars that link to the TU directly that does not require a core but links right to the TU and the MUs just show the data since the hex should be the tile displayed.

21 minutes ago, Warlander said:

They could also just let you run the game each hour for like a production buff....

Love the idea of production buff cause I don't want to hand harvest skittles.

Unhappy.

Tax system / auto mining is a daily chore that is not fun. On top of that it's currently buggy af - every day half of my mining units fail to produce surface ore due to bugs. I've lost more  than the weekly upkeep of a tile just in lost ore.

Upcoming voxel changes. The Complexity Chunk tool is very inconsistent. If they go live with this in a future, and don't give us snap-to functionality in the vertex editor, then voxelmancy will nerfed.

Upcoming brake changes. I altered a bunch of ships, and built some new ones, around the brake changes on PTS. In the AMA they said they've changed it yet again, and in a more negative way from my perspective (have to face up now, rather than forward, meaning no more hiding them under voxels except for the front). More ships made useless, or ugly.

Upcoming wipe. Looks more and more likely from NQs comments, and consistent economy bugs that they have ignored. We were told no wipe after beta! More wasted time and effort.

In summary, not much fun left in the game, and most areas of the gameplay now feel negative due to poorly implemented 'fixes' (/future fixes) aimed at reducing their operating costs, rather than changes based on improving gameplay.

Unhappy as well..

The need to login every day to recalibrate my mining units is making me question whether I finally give the game up.. I was hoping they would relieve the boring part of the game, in order for us to be able to focus on building the exciting parts, but since the update, every time I log on, I play the same mini game 6-9 times, and then question what I'm doing with my life and free time. I really think the answer, to my problem with the update at least, is to shift the timeframe we need to recalibrate things from a daily chore to weekly or bi-weekly chore. The thought of needing to login every day to play the same mini-game is killing my desire to anything else in the game.

I gave it a 3, but after spending some time trying to learn to like the new mining bots I would probably give it a 0 now. I just can't see myself having the patience to maintain any number of tiles. So that means there is only HQ tiles and grinding missions left to get resources for building. Woho.. fun, fun, fun...

0/10 extremely unhappy. The game currently only consists of calibrating mining units and executing mission assumptions / duties, because VR is no longer possible.
There is far too little time to voxel and build. I'm about to cancel my subscription, cause it's just no fun anymore.

Well Tax is always the lazy ass solution for everything, thats also why incompetent governmentals use taxes for everything. if you cannot develop, or govern, Tax it.

Any other way to prevent overuse of hex would be fine but the solution that does nothing to the previous exploiters that can goble up everyones stuff in 2 weeks, its a laugh really. There could have been so much better ways of dealing with this, or just do nothing with it at all. from the start we knew territorial unit placement would be something costly, maintainance probably too, but seeing the amount of hexes per planet and the emptyness on planets with regard to the high taxes per tile that indeed can be done by people doing missions or alot of trading, but steady going casual players can forget it.