How Happy Are you With Dementor?

Creator

How much do you enjoy Dementor?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. 10 ='s Love it / 0 ='s Hate it

So far its an 8 but you should really have waited for taxes to have been around for a week or two.

The negatives being the epic territory scanning game and the apprehension associated with the taxes.

Positive being I am no longer bogged down with manual mining.

1 minute ago, ADCOne said:

So far its an 8 but you should really have waited for taxes to have been around for a week or two.

Cool we can do it again after taxes have full affect, say 30 days after the first tiles start getting looted. Curious in the meantime though.

For me It's an 8. Not 10 because it's missing too many qol features, but that will be refined i hope.
Some of the negatives I can point out is lack of demand on products, I will be very happy if they return element destruction in safezone. Because It's not very profitable to produce items if there is no demand, so the demand on ore itself goes down.
What I see, is that Demeter is very good basement for territory wars in future, and that is what I really love about it, now we have points of iterest (t4-t5 ore pools for ex) to fight for.
I am looking forward to see space territories with some kind of gas-mining there.

45 minutes ago, W1zard said:

For me It's an 8. Not 10 because it's missing too many qol features, but that will be refined i hope.
Some of the negatives I can point out is lack of demand on products, I will be very happy if they return element destruction in safezone. Because It's not very profitable to produce items if there is no demand, so the demand on ore itself goes down.
What I see, is that Demeter is very good basement for territory wars in future, and that is what I really love about it, now we have points of iterest (t4-t5 ore pools for ex) to fight for.
I am looking forward to see space territories with some kind of gas-mining there.

I can see why an industrialist would want element destruction in the safe zone.  As a pilot, I see the reason why element destruction is turned off.  Coming into Alioth with a heavy load a few seconds of lag can = total ship destruction.  Around 80% of my crashes are due to game performance.   If they can fix it, fine.

I like the idea of automining but i dont like the requirements to automine. 

Most issues i have are fixable:

Taxes are fixable (lowering those down) 

Calibration Minigame can become optimal for extra bonus. 

NQ can remove the need for a territory to mine, making new players have some fun. 

I gave a grade above 5 because the direction was good, just needs adjusting. 

7 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Coming into Alioth with a heavy load a few seconds of lag can = total ship destruction.  Around 80% of my crashes are due to game performance.   If they can fix it, fine.

I totally agree with you. I also crashed a lot due to lags at market when doing ore hauls. But demand problem can strike big with all the taxes now... People simply have no needs to buy elements, and even won't have any quanta to buy extra just in case.
I hope someday they will fix all performance issues and will bring ement destruction back.

People who had billions of dollars from VR missions have complained.
NQ remove VR from missions.
So now my Alts are no longer doing a VR mission but are AFK on the mission ship.
But NQ to add a new VR game to reload the Mining Unit.

So I guess I'm happy?

And otherwise I still don't have a voxel on my PvP ships.
My message warning of this destructive problem for the game dates from the 3rd of September.  (the voxel is not supposed to be the main feature of DU?)
I can't wait to see it taken into account.

Better than at first when I thought they had removed the (occasionally relaxing) mining grind for slightly less grind where you can lose your stuff if you don't do it.

But .. since I found I can pay for my four hexes in 10 days of mining T1 with 9 large T1 mu's on two hexes and everything after that is industry fodder I'm a bit more relaxed.

Of course, I had enough points  to get all mining up to five with talents.  Would be less relaxed if I was a beginner, though.

I went 10, it is actually a 7/8 but I knew all the bitter vets that dont play the game but haunt the forums would drop zeros so thought i would add some balance.

Generally happy with the direction of the game, even if I am only playing casually now.  Moving this weekend, once that is out of the way, might actually go a bit more hardcore, now I can buy ore again.

2 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

I went 10, it is actually a 7/8 but I knew all the bitter vets that dont play the game but haunt the forums would drop zeros so thought i would add some balance.

Generally happy with the direction of the game, even if I am only playing casually now.  Moving this weekend, once that is out of the way, might actually go a bit more hardcore, now I can buy ore again.

- First off, don't derail other topics by spilling this one into them to promote your agenda.
- Next I voted a 2 instead of a zero for the same reason as Xennial. (vs the 0 you assume since I am the OP, and you figure a bitter vet of the game.)
- Additionally, If it is a 7 or 8 you should vote that way vs trying to tilt stuff to once again promote your agenda by over voting.

- In reply to you in my other thread, I don't think this shows what you think it does, as the voting is still slightly a majority negative, by (26 neg / 25 pos) the time of this posting, despite some of those people like yourself white knighting hard for the dev's. 

- Seems like you want to discount those bitter vets, despite the fact that the issues they raise hold a lot of merit that things are broken.

18 minutes ago, Creator said:

- First off, don't derail other topics by spilling this one into them to promote your agenda.
- Next I voted a 2 instead of a zero for the same reason as Xennial. (vs the 0 you assume since I am the OP, and you figure a bitter vet of the game.)
- Additionally, If it is a 7 or 8 you should vote that way vs trying to tilt stuff to once again promote your agenda by over voting.

- In reply to you in my other thread, I don't think this shows what you think it does, as the voting is still slightly a majority negative, by (26 neg / 25 pos) the time of this posting, despite some of those people like yourself white knighting hard for the dev's. 

- Seems like you want to discount those bitter vets, despite the fact that the issues they raise hold a lot of merit that things are broken.

You find a SINGLE one of my posts that is 'white knighting hard' just one.  Just because I am reasonably happy with the game, does not make me a white knight, just makes me someone who enjoys different stuff to you. Think you need to take a deep breath, you seem to be getting a bit tilted.

The only bitter vets I want to discount, are those that havent even played the game in several months and those who make statements as if they are FACT, when actually they are opinions.  I have no issue with players disliking DU, there is a lot I dislike about it, I do have an issue with people acting like it is only THEIR gameplay choices that count.

If I buy a game, and dont like it I leave, I dont sit in the forum for the next six months trying to ensure the game fails just so I can say "I told you so", that IS NOT directed at you btw, I actually get the feeling to are a pretty hardcore also.  To be honest, the bitter vet comment wasnt either.

Also, technically as you chose to include zero in the poll (odd choice), there are 3 people who are undecided ;)

2 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

You find a SINGLE one of my posts that is 'white knighting hard' just one....

You just provided on, you are like doing it, right now, you probably just don't realize it.

I am in violent agreement that I have an issue with people acting like their preferred gameplay is the only gameplay. The dev's are making flippant changes that are destroying large community builds with taxes. Resorts, Race Tracks, Cities... no longer maintainable in the way this update was poorly pushed out.

Some like myself even offer to move back to Sanct like they told us builders and casuals to do, yet they are unwilling to make Sanct TU's moveable so we can move together and collaborate with our single tiles to make community cities on Sanct. All because somehow those choices suit NQ at the moment, and others don't. Others fear moving to space, if NQ were to determine in the future that Space Constructs need to be limited for "server performance/cost cutting" and those cores would need to be taxed and this destruction be repeated.

They cherry pick all this BS and destructively force it on us, without respect to their community. They want us to do the work for them in attracting players with our time/skill/work, and then piss it away by destroying the very things they asked us to do. 

That is why you are seeing zero's in the votes, we have been here a long time, seen the repeated breaking of promises all cause it suit NQ, and the fact that they largely ignored the communities feedback and warnings about the impact of this update.

Yet here we are...

1 minute ago, Kobayashi said:

Ahhh so anyone who enjoys the game is a white knight...... ok then.  I think I will leave you and your bulging neck veins to it and go watch Money Heist.  Life is far too short to be crying over pixels.

Your reply here is example of your ignorance in what the game to means to those of us who are still here fighting to make it work... 

I have spent over 10 (2005-2015) years as a 2D/3D artist, and I DONATE my time here to create content for this community, NQ doesn't pay me, I don't get compensated. Yet I use my professional skills and talent to enrich the game by creating builds and content so this world isn't an empty hell hole, along with other talented creatives.

I just had 2 years of my time wiped away, yeah... A project that was being designed to host community events and provide more to do than left click for quanta grind. I am gonna get upset, yes I am going to make noise, because, we were all sold on the dream of a community based game, where it is marketed as the "BEST SPACE BUILDING MMO", cause that is what we were SOLD/TOLD it was meant to be!

We played by their rules, and now are being impacted/punished by it with very little on NQ's end being done to make it right. We offer up solutions that are ignored, and when offering solutions don't work we raise hell, only to be told by other members in our community to suck it and/or leave.

One last point... many of us up in arms see the impact on the community, and we care.

We care cause we believe in something greater than ourselves, which is the concept of a community of sharing, and building, and being together. Because we see what it could be, something that hasn't had this much potential for us in 10 or 20 years. and how much it matters to those of us who value that.

The greater value it has than those just stuffing their DU wallets with 1's and 0', so they can brag in general chat while flying around in their giant dildo acting important, which can be done in any other game ever made.

You only get something like this every 10-20 years... and some of us are just old enough we won't be alive to see it again when we lose this.

14 minutes ago, Creator said:

Your reply here is example of your ignorance in what the game to means to those of us who are still here fighting to make it work... 

I have spent over 10 (2005-2015) years as a 2D/3D artist, and I DONATE my time here to create content for this community, NQ doesn't pay me, I don't get compensated. Yet I use my professional skills and talent to enrich the game by creating builds and content so this world isn't an empty hell hole, along with other talented creatives.

I just had 2 years of my time wiped away, yeah... A project that was being designed to host community events and provide more to do than left click for quanta grind. I am gonna get upset, yes I am going to make noise, because, we were all sold on the dream of a community based game, where it is marketed as the "BEST SPACE BUILDING MMO", cause that is what we were SOLD/TOLD it was meant to be!

We played by their rules, and now are being impacted/punished by it with very little on NQ's end being done to make it right. We offer up solutions that are ignored, and when offering solutions don't work we raise hell, only to be told by other members in our community to suck it and/or leave.

I would suggest making a post asking people to donate one of their HQ tile slots on a tile you need for your project - They claim the tile set is as a HQ and let you build on it. You would have to make pitch for it and get loads of people on board but it would still be possible to have a community goal along the lines of what you are describing.

I am still figuring out what I need - trying to find the ores I am after so sorry I do not have a HQ tile to donate myself right at this moment.

7 minutes ago, ADCOne said:

I would suggest making a post asking people to donate one of their HQ tile slots on a tile you need for your project - They claim the tile set is as a HQ and let you build on it. You would have to make pitch for it and get loads of people on board but it would still be possible to have a community goal along the lines of what you are describing.

I am still figuring out what I need - trying to find the ores I am after so sorry I do not have a HQ tile to donate myself right at this moment.

@ADCOone, I greatly appreciate you, just want to say that. I mean we all have HQ tiles, just the nature of them creates some logistical issues for creative players. One being you can't industry to make elements/honeycomb for your builds you are doing.

I have already started my next project in space, despite the risk of that some how being wrecked by NQ's future decisions as well, where as the Sanct collaboration would be the safest future if we could move our Sanct TU's, there we could mine/trade a little ore together, industry together, build and neighbor together.

1 hour ago, Creator said:

One last point... many of us up in arms see the impact on the community, and we care.

We care cause we believe in something greater than ourselves, which is the concept of a community of sharing, and building, and being together. Because we see what it could be, something that hasn't had this much potential for us in 10 or 20 years. and how much it matters to those of us who value that.

The greater value it has than those just stuffing their DU wallets with 1's and 0', so they can brag in general chat while flying around in their giant dildo acting important, which can be done in any other game ever made.

You only get something like this every 10-20 years... and some of us are just old enough we won't be alive to see it again when we lose this.

Nice font colour

I gave 7 because a flat tax is lazy and an energy system would make more sense, but I'm sure NQ didn't have the resources to make a new system at this time. Other than that, I don't miss underground mining, mining unit gameplay isn't bad and doesn't take up too much of my time once set up. More safe zone asteroids is good. I also was not affected much because I didn't claim a ton of tiles or build up a lot of statics. I've been around since pre-alpha was released but I don't go hard in alpha/beta games for this reason.