CURRENT DISINTEREST THROUGH YOUR WIPE STATEMENTS

Zarcata

4 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

Once more.. there is no promise of a "no wipe". Why do people keep trying to bring that up while it's something that never happened and is not a thing. 

In all the public statements and conversations NQ has had, expecially since JC was kicked out, they have very clearly left the possibility of a wipe on the table. And JC never, ever said there would not be a further wipe followingthe one a week before bett started.

I am convinced NQ already has made the call and from what Sesch said in Discord will make the statement in January.

In the press release I posted above you can clearly see that NQ sent out press material which stated beta was in NQ's own words "the last planned wipe", which just so happened to coincide with charging a monthly subscription and also in NQ's own words "a great time to start...". A press release is just that; facts from NQ as a resource for game journalists, etc. All of that combined, at the time, made it very much sound like the "persistent" game was worth playing for those who don't like losing things they work hard to acquire/build/whatever.

Yes, it's not a "promise", that is the wrong word, but they clearly tried to encourage people who would have normally waited and not paid to work for temporary stuff to start then. I never play a game seriously before a wipe but that was convincing enough for me that I thought I might regret waiting a few years for "launch".

They did what they did, we are where we are, now we just need to sit back and wait for them to announce what they plan to do. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Kronskie said:

Yes, it's not a "promise", that is the wrong word, but they clearly tried to encourage people who would have normally waited and not paid to work for temporary stuff to start then. I never play a game seriously before a wipe but that was convincing enough for me that I thought I might regret waiting a few years for "launch".

We all know from the Kickstarter that even straight up promises hold little value, and that the narrative from NQ will change as it suits them.

But NQ's unwillingness to give a clear answer about a wipe, shows that they know they have made certain expectations (look mum! I did not use the word promise!) when they soft-released the "beta". And that breaking those expectations will come with consequences.

Another thing to consider is that there is little reason to think that a release in a years time, will be for a proper finished game. So how long will it take before people start talking about needing another wipe even after release?

So the question then I guess, is how much distrust from players NQ think they can get away with in the long run?

The problem they are probably going over, is that there is no point in wiping if all major features aren't implemented by the time the supposed "launch" is.

If they wipe and they then introduce another major gameplay change, it'll just put them back in the same circle. They are stuck and they literally have no idea what to do.

I believe this community deserves some acknowledgement for those who have stayed through all the choices of NQ.

Some here don't seem to get it and just call us "bitter veterans" but we knew what the game was like before some of these changes (the good and the bad), and though we may raise some hell, we do it cause we love the game.

My major concern is that the number of players willing to sit by and wait for another few years dwindles with every stunt NQ pulls that shows their disrespect and disregard for the community. We have been placed in limbo on prospects of a wipe, which honestly I am pretty sure is going to roll out in 2022 at this point if they decide to rush to "launch" before 2023 due to funding issues.

I speak from experience in development myself and I've never put a customer through this roller coaster. They have a community expectations management problem, because they themselves lack the ability to gauge of what they can and can't deliver on.

"The era of trust us we know better than you" needs to come to an end cause we have some super smart people in this community.

The developers need to be honest and state the reality of where things are at not a propaganda vlog/video/newsletter.

• What they are confident they can do before release.
  • What they want to try but aren't sure if it will work.
  • What we want that isn't going to happen before release.
  • The conditions for a wipe scenario, and conditions for a no wipe scenario.

Wipe or no wipe I don't mind as long as I have a relative idea what to expect (a deadline for when, what would be wiped, etc). This gives me as the player the ability to choose okay do I need to wait a bit, or how to play in a way I am okay losing all progress, or am I falling behind others by waiting?

On 12/3/2021 at 11:55 PM, Scavenger said:

Well. I put in some of my ships quite alot oftime since some sort of voxelmancy is done and fixing naughty corners.
I would prefer to only have collect the resources again instead collecting the resources again AND put 10 hours back into building. :D
Besides that i would rather create new designs to re-create lost designs. So alot would be just lost forever.
Also some pieces are made that i couldnt repeat it 1:1 again. (Unpredicted voxel behaviour = Mistake Feature!)

If you have just a flat plane its obviously not neccessary to have a Blueprint for that.
If there is a way to easily align blueprints it might be also super useful for bigger bases.

But i guess you are trolling anyway.

Im sorry, but 10 hours to rebuild an m-core? I think YOU are trolling.

Even with the ore present, you would still have to fabricate the elements. On a decent m-core that would be at least 10 L engines for atmo alone. Never mind the other elements.

An L-core takes 3 days to produce and thats just the core.

Impossible to do in 10hrs. I would say. I have lots of L and XL containers, please tell me the amount of elements you have and do a realistic calculation of how long it will take you to rebuild them. Your base, storage, ships.

Im sure it will take you at least a month of subscription.

So it seems you dont mind paying for a game and waste your time doing the same stuff twice. Thats not something for me to be doing. My time is precious to me.

Its these 'positive lies' of players like you that try to convince people that the game is still simple, easy and the same as NQ is advertising, while it is not.

This mining system is only nice if you are into making money.

If you entered this game a year ago to be an artistic builder, then the game has now changed for the worse. 

That is a fact.

I can only speak from my point of view, I have achieved an enormous amount in the game, mostly for the reason that I just have a lot of free time. so accordingly I have accumulated an ingame wealth, whereby it is mainly industry and a hell of a lot of space cores and steel voxels.
Do I feel like losing them? Of course not, but I would understand and participate in a full wipe if it were a full wipe that really let all players start with the same conditions in the game. 
I would then no longer put so much time into the game until release (especially the grind and astro-mining), but my subscription would still actively continue as an annual subscription and automatically renew, simply because I love this game and want to support it.
And now comes the important point: I want honesty from NQ in this regard. And this openness is missing. It doesn't feel honest, like a clear statement. I wish, no matter what it becomes now, that either something is done reasonably or not at all. Because if it's purely about beta player advantages over a new player, anything would be an advantage and grave, whether it's BP, skill points or areas that would be preserved.

- "Yes we will fully mop up and agree that it will deliver the best result....."

- "No, we definitely don't want to wipe as we want to bring new players into the game with different mechanics (more solar system, connecting gates) so we don't lose the progress of the beta"

I as a player would like the second point better of course - why can't we look for solutions together with NQ? Present ideas and NQ will check the implementation and give regular feedback, just as we will give feedback. We are "free employees" here who "work" in a beta. A resource that NQ seems not to take seriously or importantly enough. But in the end it is very important, because we are the ones who will provide the income for NQ when we will only pay subscriptions or use a shop.

translate from: 

Ich kann nur aus meiner Sicht sprechen, ich habe enorm viel im Spiel erreicht, meist aus dem Grund, dass ich eben sehr viel Freizeit habe. entsprechend habe ich also einen ingame-Reichtum angehäuft, wobei es hauptsächlich Industrie ist und verdammt viele Space-Cores und Stahlvoxel.
Habe ich Lust diese zu verlieren? Natürlich nicht, aber ich würde einen vollen wipe durchaus verstehen und mitmachen, wenn es ein vollständiger wipe wäre, der wirklich alle Spieler mit gleichen Voraussetzungen im Spiel starten lässt. 
Ich würde  dann zwar nicht mehr aktuell so viel Zeit ins Spiel stecken, bis zur Veröffentlichung (vor allem der Grind und Astro-Mining), mein Abo würde dennoch aktiv als Jahresabo weiterlaufen und sich automatisch verlängern, einfach, weil ich dieses Spiel liebe und unterstützen möchte.
Und jetzt kommt der wichtige Punkt: Ich wünsche mir Ehrlichkeit von NQ in diese Hinsicht. Und diese Offenheit fehlt. Es fühlt sich nicht ehrlich an, wie ein klares Statement. Ich wünsche mir, egal was es nun wird, dass man entweder etwas vernünftig macht oder gar nicht. Denn wenn es rein nur um Vorteile der Betaspieler gegenüber einem neuen Spieler ist, wäre alles ein Vorteil und gravierend, egal ob BP, Skillpunkte oder gebiete die erhalten bleiben würden.

- "Ja wir werden vollständig wischen und sind uns einig, dass es das Beste Ergebnis liefern wird".....

- Nein, wir wollen definitiv nicht wischen, da wir neue Spieler mit anderen Mechaniken (weiteres Sonnensystem, Verbindungstore) ins Spiel holen wollen, um den Fortschritt der Beta nicht zu verlieren

Mir als Spieler würde der zweite Punkt natürlich besser gefallen - wieso können wir mit NQ nicht zusammen nach Lösungen suchen? Ideen präsentieren und NQ prüft die Umsetzung und gibt regelmäßig Feedback, so wie wir ebenso Feedback geben werden. Wir sind hier "freie Angestellte" die in einer Beta "arbeiten". Eine Resource, die NQ scheinbar nicht ernst oder wichtig genug nimmt. Am Ende aber sehr wichtig ist, denn wir sind diejenigen, die dann für das Einkommen von NQ sorgen wird, wenn wir nur noch Abos bezahlen werden oder einen Shop benutzen.

8 hours ago, Sabretooth said:

Im sorry, but 10 hours to rebuild an m-core? I think YOU are trolling.

Even with the ore present, you would still have to fabricate the elements. On a decent m-core that would be at least 10 L engines for atmo alone. Never mind the other elements.

An L-core takes 3 days to produce and thats just the core.

Impossible to do in 10hrs. I would say. I have lots of L and XL containers, please tell me the amount of elements you have and do a realistic calculation of how long it will take you to rebuild them. Your base, storage, ships.

Im sure it will take you at least a month of subscription.

So it seems you dont mind paying for a game and waste your time doing the same stuff twice. Thats not something for me to be doing. My time is precious to me.

Its these 'positive lies' of players like you that try to convince people that the game is still simple, easy and the same as NQ is advertising, while it is not.

This mining system is only nice if you are into making money.

If you entered this game a year ago to be an artistic builder, then the game has now changed for the worse. 

That is a fact.

I meant 10 hours of voxel building only.

On 12/2/2021 at 6:35 PM, Zarcata said:

I would not have created my account and my children's if we had known there was going to be an economic wipe.

That's the exact point why NQ will not tell you if there will be one, they need you to test the game and pay them the sub.

Once they decide they are ready(or once they run out of money) they will release and wipe everything(leaving talents maybe) as no new players will be interested in joining a game where economy is already in ruins and is in hands of the few beta nolifers.

Will the "beta players" leave ? Common, there are like what 200 people playing max ? Even if 100 leaves it doesn't change a picture in a grand scale of things.

German(with Google translate):

On 12/2/2021 at 6:35 PM, Zarcata said:

I would not have created my account and my children's if we had known there was going to be an economic wipe.

Das ist genau der Punkt, warum NQ Ihnen nicht sagen wird, ob es eines geben wird. Sie müssen das Spiel testen und ihnen das Sub bezahlen.

Sobald sie entscheiden, dass sie bereit sind (oder sobald ihnen das Geld ausgeht), werden sie alles veröffentlichen und löschen (vielleicht bleiben Talente zurück), da keine neuen Spieler daran interessiert sein werden, an einem Spiel teilzunehmen, bei dem die Wirtschaft bereits in Trümmern liegt und sich in den Händen einiger weniger befindet Beta-Nolifer.

Werden die "Beta-Spieler" gehen? Üblich, es gibt etwa 200 Leute, die maximal spielen? Selbst wenn 100 Blätter es im Großen und Ganzen nicht ändern.

For example, I've been building a base for almost a year and a half. Since the launch of the beta, this is a huge HQ measuring over 80L of cores. After the terraforming changes, I still have 2 months to work on the land to fix this "soft wipe of the land" .. But if it happens that I lose all my progress, then in fact I will not build it a second time. Too much time spent and money (paid subscriptions) to build it. And why should I, as an honest player, suffer because someone accumulated something or did not use exploits? Let them roll back, let them withdraw, let them write off the balances. Why should I suffer, someone who pays money and plays fair ... and spent thousands of hours building their base. This is complete nonsense with this "next" wipe.

That is, the main problem, not in the wipe as such, but in the fact that NQ is not able to track some "X" of the player's values per day, relatively speaking, a system that evaluates all the player's property once a day and sends messages with suspicious players for manual moderation , in which, for example, in 1 day "X" has grown, say, 2 times. Next, NQ looks at the player's logs and finds out why and where he got the "doubling" of the state right away .. This is a simple system that helps to track RMT and people who use Exploits ... and Make adjustments to the accounts of those who use bugs, give them warnings repetition - ban. But why should we suffer?

And also one more moment, suppose NQ will wipe the server.

Ask yourself why?
- Because they made mistakes and made bugs on which someone earned?
- They wipe the server
- They start it up again, so what? Where is the guarantee that they will not make a mistake again a month after launch, which will allow players to enrich themselves in a matter of hours? So what ? cleaning again?
Stupidity and nothing more. It is necessary to treat the disease and not the symptoms. And I do not believe that NQ cannot fail to make mistakes. And this is normal, but there should be tools for the correct and quick elimination of these errors, including tracking those who used the errors and punitive measures for these players according to the EULA, period.

Otherwise, all this cleaning will be in vain, and does not make any sense. Except it will anger many honest people, and rather lose them. And these are not just signatures, these are people who have gone through all the hardships with NQ and loyal fans. Such people cannot be lost.

P \ s .. It was my personal opinion.

Edited by Feriniya

Well NQ did say they were not happy with the geometry and would wipe at some point once they got the hexes better aligned.

There was no way of knowing that however and im sure its going to ba a job and a half having flattened 7 tiles worth of mountains and valeys to a flat sheet. I feel for you and anyone else having to go through that again or the people who sent in requirests to NQ to dig out cores and they just come in and dig out a core and ignore the rest of your requests they they did us bogus with.

A add/remove landscape voxel tool would have saved a ton of time for everyone if you could use it in a core.

Though it does nothing for alll the work you have to do teraforming.

6 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Well NQ did say they were not happy with the geometry and would wipe at some point once they got the hexes better aligned.

There was no way of knowing that however and im sure its going to ba a job and a half having flattened 7 tiles worth of mountains and valeys to a flat sheet. I feel for you and anyone else having to go through that again or the people who sent in requirests to NQ to dig out cores and they just come in and dig out a core and ignore the rest of your requests they they did us bogus with.

A add/remove landscape voxel tool would have saved a ton of time for everyone if you could use it in a core.

Though it does nothing for alll the work you have to do teraforming.

Exactly. They suggested that you clean only within the core voxels, and only CLEAR .. but not fill or flatten the hexes that you leveled, etc. In my case, this is 95 +% of the work. So I didn’t even write requests to clean up kernels, so what do they clean up? landing sites. alas .. In my case, this does not help much. So you have to do all the work all over again.

And i know more ppl in my org.. who need still doit terraforming at 1 month.. for make the same like was before. 

Edited by Feriniya

NQ needs realy to play the game by self, this extrem market changes destroys progress of month.... and this total overpriced taxes, Nq come on, whats wrong with your calculation? Each child will tell u thats wrong and all in time have to mutch impact to a realy sensitiv game... u wanted to implement auto minign to safe performance and that player have more time for other stuff, good Thinkbase, but now very many in permanent stress to get they tiles paid....to sell there own stuff to get it paid. To say yeah u can go to sanctory is a big fail becouse sanctory is the unfriendliest and difficultiest planet.

and if u now plan to wipe your/our game is dead! THere mutch more People than the small group wo want a wipe.

u cant crash the economy like now.

what can you do ? placing bot ore buyer with higher buy prices, u still can lower it Month by Month but u need do something NOW.

New players and old now very restricted in what they can do...to earn money.

In my case i spend alot quanta before demeter to build up a good reserve and now i can only produce with a extremly lost...

Iam realy rarly use Forums but now i must speak! i help all the time new Player to find there way into the game, before demeter.

now the most of them stopped the game.

sry for my bad english but iam angry.

25 minutes ago, DasBier said:

NQ needs realy to play the game by self, this extrem market changes destroys progress of month.... and this total overpriced taxes, Nq come on, whats wrong with your calculation? Each child will tell u thats wrong and all in time have to mutch impact to a realy sensitiv game... u wanted to implement auto minign to safe performance and that player have more time for other stuff, good Thinkbase, but now very many in permanent stress to get they tiles paid....to sell there own stuff to get it paid. To say yeah u can go to sanctory is a big fail becouse sanctory is the unfriendliest and difficultiest planet.

and if u now plan to wipe your/our game is dead! THere mutch more People than the small group wo want a wipe.

u cant crash the economy like now.

what can you do ? placing bot ore buyer with higher buy prices, u still can lower it Month by Month but u need do something NOW.

New players and old now very restricted in what they can do...to earn money.

In my case i spend alot quanta before demeter to build up a good reserve and now i can only produce with a extremly lost...

Iam realy rarly use Forums but now i must speak! i help all the time new Player to find there way into the game, before demeter.

now the most of them stopped the game.

sry for my bad english but iam angry.

qSJWbuv.jpg

Now I dont know what to do with my last month in the game. I wanted to set up a store with cheap bp's and stuff for people to enjoy like a public DSAT. But if they is gonna wipe, in like march, it would all be for nothing.
[insert slow pianomusic]

Ive lost my creative side a bit... 

NQ needs to find their sack and just say what they plan to do. No more of this wishy washy crap. Have some integrity, make a decision, communicate their intent, then deal with the consequences. 

Edited by Doombad

They cannot afford to give paying players all that time back. Once the game goes live. they are going to have to give all that DAX out. And how much of that is there? I think they pledged something like over 10,000,000 dax during kickstarter? And then if they go and give all the players that subed there 2 years back for the next 2 years. Its going to be 2 years before the game even starts to bring back income. Can the game survive 2 years with no income? 

On 12/4/2021 at 5:16 PM, CptLoRes said:

I play with open hands, my forum nick is my game nick. No alts.

If a wipe is needed or not, is not the point of this discussion. The point is how the game is portrayed to new players wanting to join. The same new players who doesn't have any history or knowledge of what NQ might or might not have said in some discord/forum/video post that only the most dedicated have seen.

So in short. NQ has still not posted any OFFICIAL stance on the wipe thing. And that is a big problem when combined with subscriptions and how the game is sold on the front page.

That as not even directed at you...I was rendering to another comment made.

On 12/8/2021 at 4:55 AM, RugesV said:

They cannot afford to give paying players all that time back. Once the game goes live. they are going to have to give all that DAX out. And how much of that is there? I think they pledged something like over 10,000,000 dax during kickstarter? And then if they go and give all the players that subed there 2 years back for the next 2 years. Its going to be 2 years before the game even starts to bring back income. Can the game survive 2 years with no income? 

That entirely is the problem of the company who promissed to give out dax to players who invested. The players have a different problem as in, the game is not looking like it was told. even the pets and the free sanctuary STU will be meaningless at this moment. With all the free stuff i should get at release im good for the coming few years with STU for a nice Large city. Still i do not expect the promise to hold, but then again if they break that By law we can all get our money back. So in the end, NQ made contracts with investers (backers) and they need to keep them, their problem if that costs revenue.