Restricted Airspace and PvP static/dynamic cores

Warlander

NQ needs to start establishing elements of danger to the game so people dont expect safety everywhere they go.

First I think that the NQ giant teraforming units with the AA guns should actually start to do damage to start conditioning people to avoid restricted airspace. I think that players should have time to react to the incoming shots by if you are at 4km you have 4 seconds to dodge, change course, or roll if the AA gun is on the ground at 0km. Or the lower you go the less time you have to react before taking damage. Since the Arcs are mision pickup points I think that at the very least there should be PvP Dyanaic Cores people can fight with in the atomospere against other PvP cores or take fire from the Arc AA if you have a PvP Dynamic Core.

I do think NQ needs a Waypoint chain that adjusts waypoints in a chain once you hit to change the waypoint to the nex waypoint in your trip. I think Restricted Airspaces should have red tile borders with red stripes over the landscape and a big red border around all connected territories. So that players can set waypoints to avoid potentially avoid restricted airspace and avoid the possibility of taking damage or being shot down.

I think every organization should have the right to flag restricted airspace and tell people they are tresspassing and even if you dont have AA set up it will still tell people they are not welcome and to change course. If an org puts down a PvP Static core they should have the option to deply one battery per core depending on the size of the core (XS-L) you can put down the equivelant or lower. You would still have to supply the ammo but the NQ giant teraforming unit AA gun script should act as a tile defense meta so that people with PvP Dynaic Cores you can clear out the AA guns or the AA guns target PvP cores from further away where as they could only fire upon people with regular cores after a 5-10 second warning or instantly firing on everything that crosses into your territory with options.

On top of it if you have an atmospheric radar it should make all lights in your tile change to some kind of warning color like red/yellow/blue and allow players time to scramble ships to intercept incoming PvP Dynamic core ships coming to take out the AA.Batteries. So that the AA makes people mad enough to come destroy the AA batteries and you can have a chance to stop them. Along with adding some kind of alarm system that plays some kind of sound effect to alert people along with the lights changing colors.

I also think that any arms production industry should have to be placed in a PvP Static Core and be open to attacks requiring AA batteries to prtect your production to keep fighting. While civilian infrastructure should still be protected by the bubble so you cant be shot down unless you have a PvP core or enter restricted Airspace.

And if you can dodge chainguns, missles, or lazers if you have a fast ship vs auto targeting you could potentially dodge missles or fire if you have piloting skill unlike space in which its pretty much a drag race type PvP.

I think that this type of system would make things a lot more interesting.

I have been shot at a few times for flying in 'restricted space' but I have not been flying at the time but rather hovering near the buildings trying to drive round them so, if they do something like this I think it needs to be better at detecting if people are actually flying.

I think that if it had a visual that showed if there was a 5-10 second warning in tile it should visually count it down and play the audible warning sound. Then if you dont get a warning countdown you know to get out of there as fast as you can. It should be marked on the map and the mini map or even radar that it is a private or hostile tile.

This game does need to start introdycing some war footing. This is the best way to do that while offering people to opt into pvp willingly while still leaving any civilian industry or property able to produce items PvPers will need on their cores and its the only system that uses destructible elements to take items out of the game.

Alioth is already the most dangerous planet in the system.  I'll wager more players have destroyed their ships on Alioth than anywhere else.  The markets and all those towers and floating platforms are frightening, especially when they pop in 100mtrs in front of you.

On a serious note, your idea sounds cool ..... but .......  I think the game would currently not be able to handle it properly.  You would get hit without warning.  Ships would dodge but still get hit due to lag etc

I think that even without the NQ-TUs having AA or just shooting anyone down that comes into your airspace that PvP cores could still work pretty well if you had to put anything that makes T5 items or military items in a PvP static core along with defenses could work pretty well. Since you would need PvP Dynamic Cores to protect them and since you are forced to open yourself up to loss to make the T5 parts it makes it so that if you want to remain civilian and out of the combat you make T4 and below parts. But if you can attack military factories and shut down your competition it keeps the whole thing going and also has destructible elements.