Why did NQ never come out with a tool to add/remove dirt from inside a static core?

Warlander

You would expect people would want nice clean edges inside their core wall borders and instead of having staff go around with hundreds of tickets it would have made a lot more sense to just have a tool we could use to add/remove dirt voxels within a core whihc is no different than the add/remove voxel tools and only distringuishing between building voxels and lanscape voxels with a cloned tool.

13 minutes ago, Warlander said:

You would expect people would want nice clean edges inside their core wall borders and instead of having staff go around with hundreds of tickets it would have made a lot more sense to just have a tool we could use to add/remove dirt voxels within a core whihc is no different than the add/remove voxel tools and only distringuishing between building voxels and lanscape voxels with a cloned tool.

Because ppl would exploit it by removing and redeploying the L core hundreds of times. Basicaly turning the L static core into a 128m diameter dig tool. 

Maybe now the impact of this is not serious. But back when we had ore nodes this whould be a massive exploit. 

Maybe this could be implemented with a timer. Like "Your L core will be cleared in 2 weeks" 

12 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Because ppl would exploit it by removing and redeploying the L core hundreds of times. Basicaly turning the L static core into a 128m diameter dig tool. 

Maybe now the impact of this is not serious. But back when we had ore nodes this whould be a massive exploit. 

Maybe this could be implemented with a timer. Like "Your L core will be cleared in 2 weeks" 

Had they taxed core drops like territory drops with lesser but compounding costs for placing dynamic or static cores what do you even get for dirt? If there was sifting dirt and getting mats I would say sure but since you cant dig in tiles you dont own and digging in your own tile adds more lag then its worth since the system has the basic terrain image and also the alterations on the landscape adding to the lag Id say if you want to make your tile unplayable with a base then knock your socks off.

Its not like people dont want clean tile borders or filling in dirt into hollow spaces inside builds. You can do just as much damage with a flattening tool in the time it takes you to delete dirt.

Just now, Warlander said:

Had they taxed core drops like territory drops with

No more taxes!!!

I belive the answer could be allowing the rotation of the flattening tool so we could align it with the walls of the cube and get a clean surface. 

This would also allow for ppl to make paths and roads around the map has we would be able to flatten acording to the terrain slope. 

3 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

No more taxes!!!

I belive the answer could be allowing the rotation of the flattening tool so we could align it with the walls of the cube and get a clean surface. 

This would also allow for ppl to make paths and roads around the map has we would be able to flatten acording to the terrain slope. 

You should be taxed on how much stuff you fill the world with and kill performance. sure you can unlock all the cores you need but that shouldnt mean creating things shouldnt come with an escalating cost of expansion.

Besides if they taxed cores they could lower property tax.

15 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

You already are with a real money subscription. 

Thats just the price of admission the food or drink arent on the house as the bandwith and performance arent free even if you pay a sub tons of people arent until launch and that has to be dealt with sooner or later to how much people can put into the game without hard limits.

23 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Thats just the price of admission the food or drink arent on the house as the bandwith and performance arent free even if you pay a sub tons of people arent until launch and that has to be dealt with sooner or later to how much people can put into the game without hard limits.

I assume my RL money pays from my server load footprint.

33 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

I assume my RL money pays from my server load footprint.

If they are now taking performance measures they are likely in the red each month with how little people are paying them vs the costs of just keeping the lights on. Otherwise they would have likely kept mining if things were great with miners reducing how much you have to mine since it was origionally supposed to suppliment mining before the budget cuts.

23 minutes ago, Warlander said:

If they are now taking performance measures they are likely in the red each month with how little people are paying them vs the costs of just keeping the lights on. Otherwise they would have likely kept mining if things were great with miners reducing how much you have to mine since it was origionally supposed to suppliment mining before the budget cuts.

Sure, but why should I be prevented from having 1 territory outside of the sanctuary moon just because I'm a casual player and I can't fulfill the weekly quota of taxes while some addicted players have 100 territories?

Why is my subscription less valid than theirs?

I spend my entire month away from the game. I don't dig holes, i don't fly ships
Why am I being punished because of other ppl's load?

7 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Sure, but why should I be prevented from having 1 territory outside of the sanctuary moon just because I'm a casual player and I can't fulfill the weekly quota of taxes while some addicted players have 100 territories?

Why is my subscription less valid than theirs?

I spend my entire month away from the game. I don't dig holes, i don't fly ships
Why am I being punished because of other ppl's load?

Your not being prevented from owning tiles outside sanctuary. You get 5 HQ tiles you can use all at once or spread out between different planets. You also get enough login bonus for another free tile per week for a total of 7 free tiles a week. Even if you have your industry on santuary for the tax break you can build all you want on the 5 HQ's and use the other tile you get for free to get some ore to build with and burn charges for more mats to build or make things from.

I never said your point wasnt valid and everyones point of view here is valid.