So, the latest on a partial wipe

Novean-32184

image.png.ab06191bcc9e10c65c4b263c88624e22.png

(removed the first answer in this post as it is not relevant)

While the wording is careful as always, I believe that the call to wipe has been made internally, the "intense discussion" may be a PR spin or about the when. But I'm even more convinced that  we'll see a wipe before release now..

And I would agree it wil be needed once NQ has completed most of the work during "Balpha" and actually moved to Beta (which they wil label as "release")

3 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

image.png.ab06191bcc9e10c65c4b263c88624e22.png

(removed the first answer in this post as it is not relevant)

While the wording is careful as always, I believe that the call to wipe has been made internally, the "intense discussion" may be a PR spin or about the when. But I'm even more convinced that  we'll see a wipe before release now..

And I would agree it wil be needed once NQ has completed most of the work during "Balpha" and actually moved to Beta (which they wil label as "release")

The wipe is coming.  But you keep all your BP and your talent points total will be in a pool to distribute again.  NQ gains NOTHING by telling us they will wipe except like a month before release.  If they were 99% sure no wipe, they would gladly say it.  So logical deduction points to a "partial" wipe at release.  Economy reset basically means everything but BP and talent points.  Which im fine with, we should keep our talent points, thats our reward for beta testing and paying.  

@VandelayIndustries

I agree that a wipe with BP and accrues talentpoint back in the pool wil lhappen yes..

I think NQ woudl like to do that prior to the update that brings in Territory warfare as that would also remove safezones on outer planets. Combines with all the changes leading up to that, and what Id say is a fair assumption this woudl be one of the last big patches before "release", a wipe at that point woudl make sense in many ways.

13 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

@VandelayIndustries

I agree that a wipe with BP and accrues talentpoint back in the pool wil lhappen yes..

I think NQ woudl like to do that prior to the update that brings in Territory warfare as that would also remove safezones on outer planets. Combines with all the changes leading up to that, and what Id say is a fair assumption this woudl be one of the last big patches before "release", a wipe at that point woudl make sense in many ways.

Seems to me. Like i said, if they are against a wipe 99%, it only benefits them to take a hard stance on NO WIPE.  but if they are gonna wipe, it benefits them to wait til last minute to announce.  Just the way it is. 

@Scavenger

I'd say the question of whether aprtial wipe will come is pretty much 100%

what is still up for debate is when it will happen.

We may get an idea once the 2022 road map drops as I do expect NQ intents to "release" the game second half 2022, probably Q4

Yeap.
If i would put money on it and choose one i would say it tends to "wipe" as well.
If they play their cards right in 2022 and have some solid updates a wipe probably wont hurt as much as some people believe right now.

I certainly think that if NQ gets their business in order and delivers a good series of updates in 2022, doing a wipe shortly before moving to "release" really is just a good business decision all around as it wil erase all of the pain for the false start JC caused with his panic moves last year.

Some will hate it, most who say they will leave won't and many who put the game on the back burnrner will come back and give the game another shot.

I do think that the wipe will need to come with the end of beta key access though, so that would put it very close to "release". NQ could then also offer a "pre-release" sub which will run for say a month prior to release. All sorts of options for them there but the first hting they need to do is get the ship sailing again and away from the cliffs they are at now.

27 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

I'd say the question of whether aprtial wipe will come is pretty much 100%

what is still up for debate is when it will happen.

... and what "partial" means. Resetting everything but talent points and BPs would make sense. But NQ isn't known for reasonable decisions. They might even find a way to render BPs useless in the last minute (e.g. by removing or replacing commonly used elements from the game).

When I think about the notion of a wipe being debated in NQ. I would speculate the discussion would centre around keeping the creations made by players that service other players like market areas etc. Since, from NQ's perspective I image these kind of creations are a game asset.

I know I'd like to keep all of my creations instead of having to build them all again (though I would not need to go through a design faze), I would not mind doing things slightly differently to save on active cores and thus allow me to build in more places.

rebuilding them just now would take an age and cause a stoppage in my production and potentially cause me tax issues (lol never thought I say that about a game :D ).

1 hour ago, Jake Arver said:

Some will hate it, most who say they will leave won't and many who put the game on the back brunrner will come back and give the game another shot.

This is the reality, majority who say they will quit on a wipe wont actually quit.  Some will, but they will be a minority.  And the publicity for NQ to get more content and even TW in then advertise a clean slate for release has way more upside for them to make money, and try to plan a future.  May or may not be a good future depending on their upcoming patches, but a wipe probably gives them the best chance.

Why would you keep BP's?  Many old BP's break game mechanics. And it gives an unfair advantage to those that deal in BP's.  IE a player who only designs ships and sell those designs. would be ahead of a player would only mines. 

Also regarding the slow start on a wipe. It was originally intended that it would take a month before players had the skills and assets to even leave allioth. So they would at least get that now. 

9 minutes ago, RugesV said:

Why would you keep BP's?  Many old BP's break game mechanics. And it gives an unfair advantage to those that deal in BP's.  IE a player who only designs ships and sell those designs. would be ahead of a player would only mines. 

Also regarding the slow start on a wipe. It was originally intended that it would take a month before players had the skills and assets to even leave allioth. So they would at least get that now. 

I am not sure they would really be ahead after a wipe because sure they can set up the BP's to sell but it would take a while for people to be able to afford them. Also most people will probably buy the NQ ships with the warp drive since its way cheaper than buying and building a warp drive yourself. Especially if you wait from them to sell out and then resell at a higher price.

46 minutes ago, RugesV said:

Yeah, no thanks lol

Any reasonable person not emotionally attached at the hip to their 'digital stuff' recognized there is a glaring need for a wipe of some sort at least at release. The idea that they would convince new players to start at the bottom when the world is already full of people with gaggles of junk on all the good ore spots from easy mode beta days is laughable. Ideally they would wipe everything, give the Beta players back their talent points as a thank you, and then reshuffle ore distribution so people can't just go right back and camp the best spots with Beta knowledge.

Regardless, the one thing we can all be assured of is that NQ will still not understand that ore bots are the root of economic evil in this game. Nor will they recognize the need for properly searchable player markets.

I think its example of total and long lasting BS. Now they PR-pretend its some "desicion not taken lightly" bla-bla-bla.

No. Because internaly wipe was not even on table, but totaly decided since first week of so called Beta.

Very observable proof: NQ given up any active managing of economy since... exactly from week one, not rolling back obvious economic disasters, regulary adding new ones without much care, allowing absolutly insane levels of exploiting/insiding (something that was very readly broomed under carpet, downplayed a lot), etc. This why all kind of shite was never fixed, rolled-back or even explained/commented properly. Pretty much they were very little bothered what happening, because everyone "internally" knew -- this sad mess will be wiped in year or so. 

If there is a wipe, this game would have to be radically improved for me to even consider returning.

In fact I am already on the fence because of the tax, and as this game is right now there really isn't much of a game here to prevent me from leaving and never looking back.

And let's face it, there won't be any huge improvements made for this game before release.

If we are lucky maybe some janky first draft for territory war (and remember first draft in NQ speak, means permanent solution), and some balancing and minor tweaks for other features and that's about it. I mean, just look at what was has been done in the past, and then project that same pace a year into the future. Not very promising.

As mentioned a partial wipe would be expected to let you keep blueprints and the accrued talent points, which really represent the time you "paid for" woudl be returned to the pool. 

Also, I do not see how "And it gives an unfair advantage to those that deal in BP" makes sense with regards to blueprints as @RugesV mentions. You get a consumable blueprint for your existing constructs and you keep your core blueprints unaltered. That means if you bought a ship before, you get to spawn a new one provided you have all the materials needed.

Well i made this question basically for people to know if they have a lot of stuff money ,ore or anything else to  go out and play and enjoy the game while they can. ... and if they dont well just get some and see hows things go. It is something i understand they are doing a big effort to bring the game to realistic form upon release. and i think they gone well so far.the update was good...so if they wipe all or not it will be for the good of all of us and for the game .