TERRITORY UPKEEP KICKING OFF SOON - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

"Constructs on abandoned territories that haven’t been claimed by a new owner can’t be requisitioned though."

This is, simply, idiotic and kills salvaging dead.  Well done.

Edit: not sure if this was deleted (or why) or I just didn't press submit.

Edited by Anopheles

3 hours ago, EvilestOverlord said:

I moved to sanctuary with all my shit. and that was alot of shit.  I am very annoyed with this game.  I'll claim a few tiles just to loot my fellow players.  But then I am leaving the game.  Dementor was a horrible release.

Can I have your stuff?

3 minutes ago, ADCOne said:

I feel that anyone who wants to protest should join this thread:

I suspect it will be the most fun way to say no to Dementor - if it gets off the ground. If you do join good luck to you :D

It is either that, or we push for the treaty I posted, and if they refuse then we continue in blood red rebellion every day on forums and in game.

Treaty Proposal here: 

6 minutes ago, Accol6 said:

If I have a static construct that overlaps 2 territories do I only need to worry about the one where the core unit is on or is it at risk unless i upkeep both territories?

Sorry I do not know, I did put in a bug ticket it would be nice to know which territory a construct is linked with. But to be honest I have pulled most my old tiles and I plan to pull the last one that overlaps this weekend.

I dont understand . You said tax circle starts from december 7th but my tiles are already paying . 

This is that announcement: the first tax cycle will begin on December 7th at 09:45 UTC. 

Am i missing something ?

541328163_taxesarerunning.jpg.361ee444373ef3f1c6c1e82e5c45d3c6.jpg

I had deposit 13m to all of them.(maximum)

On 12/3/2021 at 3:05 AM, Sevian said:

So when a tile becomes "abandoned" because they owner has a life and doesn't want to constantly pay un-needed land taxes for a space game: they still have 2 weeks to take all their crap back even though someone else claimed the tile?

So I claim an abandoned tile, pay the 500k, then pay 1mil for the next week taxes, and the midnight before the second week is here: they come and take all their stuff.

How in the world is that fair or fun or even logical? I claim the tile, I own what is on it. Have the devs or "project managers" never played a game before?

I understand where you are coming from but I think you may have misunderstood why the devs are doing it this way.  The Dev's actions seem to indicate that they dont really care whether we get stuff on the tile or not.  Nor do they care that we may waste our money, or that its terrible game play.  The only goal here is to notify non Playing people that they need to pay subscription and come back to the game if they want to keep all that stuff they worked for.  It would seem thats about as far as NQ's thinking went.  By claiming a tile you are just doing NQ's job for them at no charge.

On 12/2/2021 at 12:25 AM, NQ-Wanderer said:

Hello, Noveans!

We would like to hear your feedback on the territory upkeep kicking off soon!

OMG NQ you are going to cop some flack over this.

Do any of you Devs talk to each other???

If we claim a hex and put anything on it the tax applies after 3 days.  Affectively we are paying tax in advance.  Anybody who is currently mining on a hex they claimed after Demeter hit has already had to pay tax.

Making announcements that demonstrate that you do not know how your game works is not a good look and helps to explain why the many of the player base are currently upset.

7 hours ago, Habitant said:

I dont understand . You said tax circle starts from december 7th but my tiles are already paying . 

This is that announcement: the first tax cycle will begin on December 7th at 09:45 UTC. 

Am i missing something ?

541328163_taxesarerunning.jpg.361ee444373ef3f1c6c1e82e5c45d3c6.jpg

I had deposit 13m to all of them.(maximum)

:lol:

6 hours ago, Underhook said:

OMG NQ you are going to cop some flack over this.

Do any of you Devs talk to each other???

If we claim a hex and put anything on it the tax applies after 3 days.  Affectively we are paying tax in advance.  Anybody who is currently mining on a hex they claimed after Demeter hit has already had to pay tax.

Making announcements that demonstrate that you do not know how your game works is not a good look and helps to explain why the many of the player base are currently upset.

Are you really surprised at this point? :lol:

Edited by sHuRuLuNi
because I can

It seems to me many are overlooking one essential strategy, but I did not try it out ingame (I'm still scanning for a second mining station/HQ, can't afford to sink in 500k and have a claim stuck for 7 days).

When you place a territory claim it allways costs 500k, and the tile is active for a week right? Well that means we can do mining nomadism. I suggest raising the tax intervals, not from 1 to 2 weeks, but to 10 days! Why? If a player does not miss out on a single daily quanta bonus, after 10 days when his claims will go inactive, he will have 1,5 million quanta, enough to claim 3 new tiles, the perfect amount for hassle free calibrations. This way people who absolutely want to only creative mode, can have a reasonable influx of ores, without having to bother with the markets. Also the general pressure is a bit eased, as is it stands I haven't seen many tiles that would generate a lot of profits on their own, especially taking into account missing a day or two to login because life, and market volatility. But also this way the calibration balancing remains mostly unaffected... I have not maxed out / calculated through it yet but the max charge amount/ recharge times seem reasonable.

Then is there is this simple little gameloop that makes the perfect segway to later: missions. Staying in the safezone, living on alioth, you can earn 1,8 or 1,9 million with a flight and back to madis or thades respectively. If you can do that a few times every week, during the periods where you play dual universe more actively, you can keep the lights on in your HQ, have the machines burn through all the ore from the mining nomadism, plus some passive income while the machines run. I understand the changes from a standpoint of keeping the whales in check, and reducing lag etc, but it's a bit punishing to solo newcomers who want to play actively to see returns, and people who want to be less involved for some period of time and live off their passive income, it would be a little less punishing with 10 day tax intervals, while not amounting to margins I'd begrudge the whales for, or messing up the whole calibration balancing NQ had in their head...

The elephant in the room are people with alts. Honestly, I'm not super opposed to it, since it can help keep the lights on at NQ. And the gameplay loops involved in doing it aren't the most stimulating, so if somebody has like 1-3 alts, and is flying missions manually, or juggling a bunch of MU minigames every evening, honestly that is fine by me, especially given the current lack of ways to progress quickly. Where it starts to get whacky is if somebody has like 5-10 or god knows how many alts, add LUA autopilot scripts to the mix and it gets kind of unfair, though they can be acquired in the ingame economy, but add macros that care of the alt juggling and we need to talk about some serious bans IMO. On the other hand if you got hundreds of buck to splurge on subscriptions every year, yet nothing better to do than log in every evening to do the same minigame 45 times, and log in and out dozens of times, whatever I got more serious stuff to not loose my mind over, it's just a game. Are there any limitations as to how often a day one can accept the same mission? I'd love to have total clarity as to what is allowed and what not, in regards to alts, and what measures if any have been taken so far, as I have one alt myself because I couldn't stand see skillspoints go to waste, and so far none of my friends stuck with the game (and I flew my first mission ever today, I need to know if double dipping hauling missions is forbidden before I make a habit of it).

On the subject of skills: MU and manual hand mining skills make up a lot of skillpoints... Do I understand correctly that the VR won't even apply MU talents on calibration? That is rough and totally rule conform players without alts are at a massive disadvantage here, should you be one of the lucky owners of a truely valuable cluster of tiles, you could easily dedicate 1 or 2 alts to manage it with full talent boni, while a solo-casual is robbed of the few bonus liters he could be mining off world, seems nedlessly punishing to the little guy, the yields don't exactly justify us taking out an evening every two-three days to fly out there, get the ore and recalibrate in person. Personally I didn't hate the old mining system. I burned out on it a few times, causing longer breaks. But I miss the ability to put in some ellbow grease to make real leaps forward. As it stands I am very unsure wether I can justify skilling hand mining, though I will admit that I haven't mined an asteroid yet, so I got no idea if they are easy to find, or carry much ore, especially comparing safe-zone & pvp. I do hope there are plentyful and big asteroids in the safezone that last long enough for the commoner to fill up on t1&t2 ore up until a few days before they despawn, or are at least easy enough to find. The DSAT schematics got more affordable right? That's a relief a least. I am more tempted than I ever was to join an alliance or whatever, but allready recoil at the prospect of all the frustration trying to get a few people together regularely can cause, I have a hard time with that sort of stuff.

Closing words: A standardized mission form to put out calls for calbiration, with rewards scaling to calibration success, easy listing going by distance, %cut, payment method, review score, the necessary LUA fuff to make it easy to output user feedback, present the choice to be paid in either ore or quanta, remind to leave a good reward etc would go a long way. Make more pleasant to use mining platforms, possibly vr accessible, find freelance calibrators more easily through good review scores. That, and consider 10 day tax intervals please, if not 2 weeks, while leaving the rest as it is.

Honestly with some of the closed beta players sitting on literal billions of quanta, and millions of tons of ore, do you think this patch is going to fix ANYTHING?   No... it wont. 

All it has done is killed new players being able to even compete, and anyone who enjoyed the old planetary mining will to even play.   

PVP is still dead and a joke.

Alioth has more hair than my long hair Burman Cat.

Sanctuary is just as bad as Alioth.. except it is more like the planet Junkieon from Transformers the Movie.

3 hours ago, HellsBells said:

Can dynamic constructs also be requisitioned or are they going to litter a reclaimed tile forever?

They cannot, which is why we have been asked for the possibility to apply parking fees to tiles since forever. But instead all we got was tile tax..