Demeter why

Leogradance

(Alpha 1 baker)

A few days ago I went back to DU to see the new update, Demeter, after several months of not logging in.
I warned all the friends I played with to go back to setting their territories before losing everything.
Nobody cared.

I have loved too much DU to lose it all.

So I logged in, set my three territories HQ (never gave a damn about owning land, I just wanted to make ships), looked around ... and logged out.

I don't feel any urge to play DU. No encouragement, nothing that entices me.
And with Demeter I also began to think.

To think why.

To think how it is possible that a development team, no matter how short-sighted NQ is, has introduced such a tedious, annoying and impacting mechanic on every game mechanic such as automining and taxes.

And my conclusion, which is as valid as anyone else's, so it's just an opinion, an impression, is the following:

Demeter adds a routine typical of free to play games.

You can do it all but if you want to play for real either you take the time or you put the money into it.

He's a suspect for now. Which could be confirmed in the coming months, with new declarations, or more in time. In the meantime, they have doubled the cost of the monthly subscription, making a calculation on their server costs, of course, but certainly also taking into account a forecast of lost users after Demeter.

Here many users are talking about the fact that they are in Beta, which is a masked alpha. Working in anticipation of the launch.
Warframe has been in beta for 10 years.
Star Citizen we don't talk about it.

They are not working in anticipation of the launch.
They are working to not lose their jobs.

And on free to play: it would also suit me. I would accept it.

If there was something to pay for.
If there was any fun to pay for.
If I have to pay just not to lose things, this is not free to play but moral blackmail.

My opinion.
Avoid salty answers