Symeon, Jago, Lacobus, Ion.... Why killing those planet?

Leniver

Hello,

I am not here to debate about Demeter.

But what happening in their mind when in the game designer's meeting they say:  
- "Hey let's remove all the T1 from 4 planets!" 
- "Can we?"
- "No, that too bad for the players."
- "OK, then let's keep only 1 T1"
- "But it's a T5 planets!"
- "You are right, let's setup the algorithm to only put max 80l/h"
- "Nice idea, let's du it! 
- "Haha, nice joke!"

By doing that you kill all possibility to use those planet to put industry on it.

Kind regards

34 minutes ago, Creator said:

Honestly a lot of the "Planets" were ugly, unfinished, boring, and other then to mine for quanta, simply not worth really going to.

True, but what about Jago?

It's one of the planet where multiple streamer have put their base. I am not a pro/cons streamer but their are promoting games.
Killing this planet mean you are doing yourself a bad reputation. Who like to move his base?

And what the purpose of adding threes there and making it more pleasant if you removing the possibility to live on it?

I am not talking about my gameplay, I am setup on Alioth. But I want the game to succeed and this type of decision is only killing the game.

27 minutes ago, Leniver said:

True, but what about Jago?

It's one of the planet where multiple streamer have put their base. I am not a pro/cons streamer but their are promoting games.
Killing this planet mean you are doing yourself a bad reputation. Who like to move his base?

And what the purpose of adding threes there and making it more pleasant if you removing the possibility to live on it?

I am not talking about my gameplay, I am setup on Alioth. But I want the game to succeed and this type of decision is only killing the game.

Looks like this might call for a wipe.

I kinda see where your coming from, it seems you thinking about the game in its current state which is very, very far from completition.  I suppose the intention (probably the original intention) is that one day orgs will fight for ownership of planets and so, the only players able to live their will be players from the controlling org.  When you think about it what did players with bases on Jago think was going to happen to them when territory warfare began and the planet was no longer a safe zone.  Now for somebody like Markee Dragon well he might have had a chance with one of the biggest orgs in the game but lone players?

48 minutes ago, Underhook said:

I suppose the intention (probably the original intention) is that one day orgs will fight for ownership of planets and so, the only players able to live their will be players from the controlling org.

So in other words NQ learned nothing from 0.23?

You cannot release a feature on a live MMO server just because it is done, when it is balanced for and dependents on other unfinished features that are going to be added later at some stage.

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

You cannot release a feature on a live MMO server just because it is done, when it is balanced for and dependents on other unfinished features that are going to be added later at some stage.

You can if its alpha

3 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

Is that a rhetorical question? I mean... it's NQ after all. JC left his position but his spirit remains. As long as DU exists they can persuade themselves that they know what is best for the game. It is not even sure that they will learn their lesson when it fails. They could still think that they were right and the game would have been a success if only the players would learn how to play it correctly.

I guess NQ believes that this is a space game, so people will want to travel through space. So the figured a good reason to travel in space is to haul the ore you need (on say Jago) from another planet (say Alioth). And since your going to Alioth anyway why not take the ore that can't be found their (like Petalite) with you and sell it (so you can buy that load of Coal you are missing so).
NQ can be so clueless at times huh?

8 minutes ago, JayleBreak said:

I guess NQ believes that this is a space game, so people will want to travel through space. So the figured a good reason to travel in space is to haul the ore you need (on say Jago) from another planet (say Alioth). And since your going to Alioth anyway why not take the ore that can't be found their (like Petalite) with you and sell it (so you can buy that load of Coal you are missing so).
NQ can be so clueless at times huh?

Maybe that concept would fly if space wasn't afk travel 4 - 6 real life hours through the empty black. Maybe that wouldn't even be bad if you could do industry on your ship while you travel, which would be hella cool. ( why can't we have that btw?) Maybe that wouldn't be so bad either if there was some pve along the way with some loot, but there isn't. 

Maybe we could forgive all of these things if what NQ believed the game should be, and what it was producing were ever on the same page.

23 minutes ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

They could still think that they were right and the game would have been a success if only the players would learn how to play it correctly.

The only way I haven't tried playing it is by alt'ing or exploiting to gain billions of quanta, is this playing it correctly? Otherwise maybe they meant pay them and don't play?

4 minutes ago, Creator said:

The only way I haven't tried playing it is by alt'ing or exploiting to gain billions of quanta, is this playing it correctly?

Nobody knows. But all they say and do feels like "Be an org slave!" Maybe they don't know that the same "features" that are meant to force players into orgs also promotes alt'ing or they don't care.

5 minutes ago, Creator said:

Maybe that concept would fly if space wasn't afk travel 4 - 6 real life hours through the empty black.

I've done that a few times and it sucks which is why I never had a base there until I got a warp shuttle (48kL of cargo) and an advanced mining unit to give me a constant supply of Petalite to take to Alioth. Yes, it takes a little while to get the cash to buy these things but until now I've had little reason to spend what I collected almost here and there.

I love the pic where it says the game is built by the players and NQ does not have to do anything themselves. Its like if your parents were like we are going to play mopoly and everything is blank but they developed just enough for the sapces for property, pieces, blank cards, and said go play the game but every time you pass go you pay us $.$$. When you ask what the rules are they said you make the game and every time you try to do something they take away cards, properties, and add rules, taxes, dice roll limits, and slap someone in the face when they land on free parking. They keep adding stupid rules, conditions, and sinks but never bothered to make anything more then a completely blank game they make up as they go along.

I lived on Sinnen for all of Beta and made my living out of Malachite that was plenty available there. Then we get Demeter and of sudden Sinnen has no Malechite instead it gets Limestone why was this a needed change? We have now fewer planets with copper ore. I can sell Limestone now yes I get it, but this change wasn't asked for. And yes for us living in the outer planets it would be welcome help in self-sufficiency instead of making us dependent of T1 from elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Walter said:

I lived on Sinnen for all of Beta and made my living out of Malachite that was plenty available there. Then we get Demeter and of sudden Sinnen has no Malechite instead it gets Limestone why was this a needed change? We have now fewer planets with copper ore. I can sell Limestone now yes I get it, but this change wasn't asked for. And yes for us living in the outer planets it would be welcome help in self-sufficiency instead of making us dependent of T1 from elsewhere.

Why should you be self sufficient if the inner planets don't get to be?

41 minutes ago, Xennial said:

Why should you be self sufficient if the inner planets don't get to be?

Before Demeter we had plenty T1 and now none ( I was wrong there is all T1 on Sinnen but you need to have the tiles with it. my tiles just have Limestone)

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

Before Demeter we had plenty T1 and now none 

Strange the atlas shows Sinned as having:

ores = {
          {"Limestone","Calcaire","Kalkstein"},
          {"Coal","Charbon","Kohle"},
          {"Hematite","Hématite","Hämatit"},
          {"Bauxite","Bauxite","Bauxit"},
          {"Quartz","Quartz","Quarz"},
          {"Acanthite","Acanthite","Akanthit"},
          {"Cryolite","Cryolite","Kryolith"}
        },

Oh I get it. It has the ores but in just low volumes. As I said elsewhere. DU is a space flight game. You don't find everything your need in one place, so you fly somewhere else and trade for it.

13 minutes ago, JayleBreak said:

Strange the atlas shows Sinned as having:

ores = {
          {"Limestone","Calcaire","Kalkstein"},
          {"Coal","Charbon","Kohle"},
          {"Hematite","Hématite","Hämatit"},
          {"Bauxite","Bauxite","Bauxit"},
          {"Quartz","Quartz","Quarz"},
          {"Acanthite","Acanthite","Akanthit"},
          {"Cryolite","Cryolite","Kryolith"}
        },

Oh I get it. It has the ores but in just low volumes. As I said elsewhere. DU is a space flight game. You don't find everything your need in one place, so you fly somewhere else and trade for it.

And there is the problem: NQ can shift things how it did now resulting in making living on outer planets less attractive for some. I left Alioth behind because everything is like full of constructs and towers everywhere. For me it does not change much, but I know a few others living on Sinnen that the lack of much T1 could be a problem.