Full Wipe? or Why I would return to DU after Release

JayleBreak

12 hours ago, Elitez said:

The main problem is not NQ. The main problem is the playerbase. If you change the way you look at this story, NQ helped every single one of us in a way or another to develop faster so we dont have to struggle days and nights in game:

We got bot prices
We got low bp prices

We got vr missions
We got...you name it...

What the playerbase did? Got so emotionally attached to pixels and assets, got involved in different Second Life activities and nothing about wars and pvp. What will change after wipe?

The way players react to games (and specifically game designs) is not some mystery, and one of the most basic rules in game design is that nothing is ever the player's fault

If something doesn't work, that's because the design (or its implementation) doesn't work. There has never been a case in any game where the product is flawlessly designed but the player-base collectively "doesn't get it". 

If PvP was such a fantastically fun feature, it would speak for itself. No one would need to debate it or wonder "why don't more people PvP? I bet it's because they want to do 'second life' activities..." 

No, people don't PvP because of the way the game is designed

The problem isn't that players aren't motivated to PvP...it's that the design and implementation of the game design do not encourage PvP or make it fun, balanced, or engaging. Combat in DU is a boring, laggy, unbalanced, clunky mess. 

The main problem is never the playerbase, that just doesn't make sense to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 4:01 AM, Warlander said:

Its not like people didnt exploit the loophole of stacking parts

And this is not fix, People may cry that Demeter is malfunctioning but you still have people who don't play fair at the game and do mission or ore transports with full stacked element ships (and other selling this ships).

On 11/30/2021 at 5:54 PM, Elitez said:

The main problem is not NQ. The main problem is the playerbase....

Well I would argue marketing is the primary issue, and an impossible game scope.
1. No game will/can every be everything to everyone.
2. A game can however, be a very a great thing to specific niche of players.

GDC actually has a great video on this on Youtube you should watch some time... 

JC started us down a vision of one game to rule them all, a game for everyone, where everyone could do everything without limits. If you haven't noticed the leadership has changed since then, which has altered the scope of the game and the development path.

It has also forced the developers to rebuilding the airplane while flying it... and by the amount of help requests for construct repairs in-game we all know how well that works ?.

Last but not least, there are some very good reasons you don't typically expose your developers to the community for direct engagement, it usually goes very wrong both ways.

6 minutes ago, bleakcon said:

If I were to come back to this game I have billions in quanta and billions in assets, I do not need to do a single thing, the game would be boring. 

I would actually be interested if there was a wipe......

Yeah it was too easy to make quanta before. And people complain when the game progression gets slower and making quanta gets harder. Most people would get bored except for dedicated builders. I think there just needs to be more things to do in game and more goals to accomplish.

16 hours ago, Creator said:

JC started us down a vision of one game to rule them all, a game for everyone, where everyone could do everything without limits. If you haven't noticed the leadership has changed since then, which has altered the scope of the game and the development path.

Maybe that could've happened if NQ received star citizen level funding, but they weren't so fortunate.

28 minutes ago, Haunty said:

Yeah it was too easy to make quanta before. And people complain when the game progression gets slower and making quanta gets harder. Most people would get bored except for dedicated builders. I think there just needs to be more things to do in game and more goals to accomplish.

The trouble is, everything in this game is a kind of 'fire and forget' daily, even missions; get into orbit, move off the pipe, let autopilot handle it.

Mining is: babysit via a minigame, wait for the next day

Asteroids: only during the weekend......

Suddenly players who were taking server costs mining, just log in, calibrate and then log off, occasionally take their ore somewhere.

Currently no benefit to playing the game at all...