Two Strong & Urgent Requests for Dementor Changes

Creator

6 minutes ago, NQ-Pann said:

Hiyo! Friendly reminder for everyone to stay on topic and off trolling/insulting each other. Pretty please. 

I don't agree with many things that I perceive regarding your demeaner during the vlogs and stuff, and respectfully I am losing faith a bit in the developers and their best interest in the players. I did however, want to take a moment to say I hope you are all well, and that you guys have good holidays, despite my loud and galvanized feelings towards current development changes.

Best wishes,

- Creator

We do appreciate being able to voice our concerns, and inevitably there's going to be heated debate over these tweaks and changes.. as a software developer, I really do think it's amazing what NQ has accomplished, as well as what the community has accomplished.. and I have to thank everybody at NQ for the crazy amount of work done behind the scenes. I love the game and ya'll. We are going to need to work together to build some community and civilization in this civilization game. Honestly I'm sorry for even smugly pointing out smugness, ya know?

About these game-making-or-breaking decisions the Dual Universe depends on though...

Ultimately, I still want to know why we need to err on the side of resource scarcity beyond the players time.

Dual Universe is the only game I've played in over two years, and I've played it pretty darn consistently (as far as my free time goes)... But I have yet to even see PVP combat, beyond getting a months worth of my game times work blown up out of nowhere by space pirates while I was tinkering with LUA... and that's emblematic of my exact gripe with the game in its current state. I, as a player who can't devote large (every gamers got a different version of large) amounts of time to a hobby like this one, can't risk loosing what takes so much time to build. I love building, that's primarily why I'm here, but I'd love to be able to see and be part of a giant space war at some point, right?? Like, I was hoping I'd have seen more of that in two years of playing than a twitch recording of some white radar dots. I know there's plenty of space pirates out there and people solely devoted to space fights that have seen lots more action than me, but I really do hope that PVP can one day be the resource sink this game needs, and not some tax system that only really extends the grind, and might ultimately prohibit any of us from ever seeing really FUN space combat... I'm getting off track... 

This, having to run around babying mining units every day to keep your head afloat thing... has to change. There's got to be longer periods of time that these systems can run before we have to check on them again. The math's all there to shift L/h productivity, calibration deflation, and charge capacity to basically keep the same overall productivity rates, and move to a timeframe that is more like a once-weekly chore, and not a daily chore. I would really like to spend my time in the game creating content for this universe and exploring it, and not stuck to my small number of tiles that require daily upkeep.

I'm not even that upset that it looks like, based on the number, and rate of charge calibrations I now have, it seems like I'll never even spread out beyond my 5 tiles, due to not being able recalibrate the number of mining units it takes to sustain 6/7+ territories... I'm more upset that my (precious to me) game time consists of replaying the same mini-game/algorithm 6-9 times before I can do anything else. I used to be able to hang out in my space station for a week or two and make upgrades.. In this system, with the tax system, I'm afraid I'll be stuck to my same tiles, trying to save up for my two week vacation, like a 1970's career man, while being too afraid to spare the gas to even make it to orbit, let alone the warp cells to travel the star system.. again, far too afraid to take my chances of loosing a large ship to any type of PVP encounter

I know there's players that can spend copious amounts of time in a game like this, and become dominant giants if resources are too plentiful, but I'd honestly love to see some of these players giant builds, and giant wars, fueled by their riches. Whatever the changes, I hope NQ errs on the side of giving players the tools, resources, and time, that we need to build this universe.

I like the introduction of MU’s. The problem is that the maintenance process introduced is tedious, repetitive, and uninteresting (not fun). It also requires daily logins. 

I saw a week suggested. Maybe that is too long. I would like to see a review for how this process could be improved. The easy one is extending the calibration time. Maybe other people have better ideas.

3 minutes ago, Doombad said:

I like the introduction of MU’s. The problem is that the maintenance process introduced is tedious, repetitive, and uninteresting (not fun). It also requires daily logins. 

I saw a week suggested. Maybe that is too long. I would like to see a review for how this process could be improved. The easy one is extending the calibration time. Maybe other people have better ideas.

Why not just make the MUs completely automated? Set them up, connect them to containers, start them and that's it.

If you want to do this "mini-game", please feel free to have it, but as an added bonus, without influencing the MiningUnit.

27 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Why not just make the MUs completely automated? Set them up, connect them to containers, start them and that's it.

If you want to do this "mini-game", please feel free to have it, but as an added bonus, without influencing the MiningUnit.

That’s a great idea. A base rate with no calibration. Calibration is for bonuses.

On 11/26/2021 at 1:12 PM, TonyTones said:

Awesome community we have here

If you play much you will see the community is pretty great. There will always be outliers. So, don’t judge the many from a few assholes.

54 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Same issue with territory tax. Reward frequent players, but at the same time don't punish casual players. That will just make them leave.

My point is you can get the base rate doing nothing and for those motivated to do the drudgery of calibration can earn greater profits.

There needs to be some sort of compromise. The current system feels more tedious that mega mining. Taxes are not going away. Neither are MUs. So, how can NQ improve the gameplay as opposed to just hanging the structure of the gameplay. What levers can be pulled and pushed to refine what’s in place.

edit: re-read what you posted and I think we are in agreement. :)