Gathering your questions for the Q&A on Wednesday, December 1st

NQ-Nyzaltar

Thanks for doing the Q&A in discord, it was too short though and you guys were picking and choosing too many questions.

A couple you missed:

1. How closely is NQ monitoring the game in regards to the tiles claimed, hotsots and distribution of the ores? 
  2. Are you concerned at all that most of the valuable hotspots are already claimed and future players will not have a chance or own a tile that is worth much, especially if they want to start up industry.  Think 3 months, 3 years, etc.
  3. As ore prices drop, we have the bots at 25q, but this used to be 12.5q, and even that is a finite amount, once the bots are cleared out, ore can, and has, fallen to abysmal prices.
  4. Lastly, on the Mining Units, can we get a status screen, showing a list of all MUs that we have, time of last calibration, etc.  No one really likes playing spreadsheet simulator except accountants, and I don't even play one of those on TV, but it's a necessary evil right now.

Thanks again

Can you explain the mechanic behind the resource pool in mining units? Specifically, it seems like a mining unit will allocate itself as much of the pool as possible, even if that leaves a later mining unit with almost nothing to mine, which will end up losing ore as soon as the first MU drops below 100% efficiency, even if there is a second MU running with an optimal efficiency of 20% that will never draw more than that. As far as I can tell, there is no mechanic to mitigate this effect.

For example, let's crunch some numbers, if I have a tile with 150 L/hr of a resource, one of my MU's will be bringing up 126 L/hr with my skills, and the other only 24 L/hr. 24 hours later the first one will start losing calibration below it's optimal efficiency, and I am no longer getting 150 L/hr unless I can be there right at the mark to recalibrate it, however the second MU will run for 74 hours straight before I start losing ore.

I'd much rather have each doing 75 L/hr, running with an optimal efficiency of 59%, thus giving me some slack on both MU's, rather than a ton of slack on one, and none on the other. If I could choose it, I could go for 49 hours between calibrations while running at above optimal efficiency, but as it is I can never go more than 24 without losing ore.

So, the Q&A was on Discord??

I was waiting for some video from them today because I thought that is what they will do. There is not even a HINT in the OP that this thing was going to be on the bloody Discord. Way to go NQ.

37 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

So, the Q&A was on Discord??

I was waiting for some video from them today because I thought that is what they will do. There is not even a HINT in the OP that this thing was going to be on the bloody Discord. Way to go NQ.

NQ-Nyzaltar

• NQ-NyzaltarExplorer
  • Community Manager
  • Alpha: Yes

Greetings Noveans,

Upon popular request from players, we will be holding a live, written Q&A session with the Novaquark Game Design team on Wednesday, December 1st  at 15:00 UTC

NQ-Kyrios, NQ-Entropy and NQ-Wave will be answering player questions during one hour on a dedicated channel on Discord.

33 minutes ago, Tional said:

NQ-Nyzaltar

• NQ-NyzaltarExplorer
  • Community Manager
  • Alpha: Yes

Greetings Noveans,

Upon popular request from players, we will be holding a live, written Q&A session with the Novaquark Game Design team on Wednesday, December 1st  at 15:00 UTC

NQ-Kyrios, NQ-Entropy and NQ-Wave will be answering player questions during one hour on a dedicated channel on Discord.

10 minutes ago, Tional said:

image.thumb.png.f3be5fd87cc669e8b8cbfcb72fb76c44.png

Yes, yes I get it. But I saw the Thread in the General Forum where he wrote that we should post questions which will be answered in an Q&A. In that (original thread, this one here) there was no mention of Discord or link to the "announcement" thread or anything.

There are a lot of post so sorry if this has already been asked before. My question is (could be considered two):

Are the ore placement permanent now and if not will the spread of ore remain like it is or will ore amounts be increased since once the current state of ore placement reduces the economy ready for launch?

I am basically curious to know, should a wipe happen at launch, if I can expect the same epic 'territory scanning' mission to find tiles that provide the ores I (we) need for how I (we) like to play. Or if we are just setting things up for a more balanced start before new players join at launch by freeing up most tiles near the start area by leaving low ore quantities, and thus moving us away from the starting areas to find ores, which will then allow a refill of ore closer to the starting areas at launch for new players and avoid a wipe of assets?

(I could be wrong about the reasoning of your answers, it is just guess work on my part but its how I interpret the spread and the idea that a wipe is not certain yet.)

Is there a written summary of the Q&A?

I don't understand why NQ always posts videos with no summary (often 1 hour+ with no edits) or in this case does it live with no other feedback. 

Posting a summary and locking this thread would be very helpful...

It's like NQ wants us to go out of our way to get any information and if we're not willing to wade through hour-long videos or can't make a live Q&A that's too bad for us. 

For a company that's promised to "do better" with communication, they seem to only put forth the minimum effort. It's always up to the community to post videos of the Q&A or written summaries.