Gathering your questions for the Q&A on Wednesday, December 1st

NQ-Nyzaltar

6 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

All hail to @VandelayIndustries the judge of who loses an argument.

PS: the prof of who lost the argument is decided by NQ by keeping the nebula or removing it. 

not even close, as the aesthetics is opinion.  The argument that was lost that the decision based on newbs crashing. Which it isn't. 

NQ being NQ

• Opening a thread on the fourm for people to post qeuestions for the Q&A
  • Not bothereing to use the thread for the Q&A
  • not allowing a good many to even post in the Q&A

Communication and organisational skills .. top notch /s

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

Thank you for confirming this has nothing to do with "immersive gameplay" and all the other BS. Just about taste. 

I never said anything otherwise.  But you just argue to argue.  Said it was about immersion from the beginning.  And you think that a few tweaks to a sky box insta crashes people, which proved to you didnt.  Also proved how NQ deals with any ships crashing and are told to use ingame tools like radar.  And people crash more now than back in A1 into space elevators, so thus proving nebula isnt some crazy gameplay mechanic.  Once again you lack reading comprehension. 

5 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

I never said anything otherwise.  But you just argue to argue.  Said it was about immersion from the beginning.  And you think that a few tweaks to a sky box insta crashes people, which proved to you didnt.  Also proved how NQ deals with any ships crashing and are told to use ingame tools like radar.  And people crash more now than back in A1 into space elevators, so thus proving nebula isnt some crazy gameplay mechanic.  Once again you lack reading comprehension. 

Then, @NQ please add a "nice to have" task for your todo list adding a settings option to replace the nebula. 

Has it became clear this has very low priority. 

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

Then, @NQ please add a "nice to have" task for your todo list adding a settings option to replace the nebula. 

Has it became clear this has very low priority. 

I made my own skybox before with less than 10 hours of UE4 experience.  And i dont think its of the highest priorities, but i think having a cool immersive looking space game can help to attrack new players.  Yes having a solid new player experience is what will keep them, but we need both.  

The tax is balanced mainly in regard to the amount of ore you can mine from a tile, and how much quanta you are sure to get if you sell this ore (even to bots). A tile is always worth it, as long as you can maintain the mining units calibration.
A random low-quality tile gives 500L/h of tier 1, that sells for 500 * 24(hours in day) * 7 (days in week) * 24 (quanta/liters) = 2M quanta a week, not counting : adjacency bonus, quality of the tile, extracting rocks, talents, etc.

That's a funny, far too simple calculation.
Most fields get 500L/hour as total volume, but who is supposed to set up a MiningUnit to mine 8 litres of bauxite or 45 litres of coal and 72 quartz? to then get 3x 125L of haematite?

So the players decide to mine only 3x haematite. This means that you only have 375L x24hrs in the calculation. But you are forgetting the most important thing. We don't want the MiningUnits to ONLY pay our taxes, but to mine ores with them so we can play with them, i.e. build something.

Ok there’s a couple things to answer here. On the subject of alts, it has to be understood that it is complex to differentiate players from alts. We strive for our systems to be resistant to abuse in general and make no real difference between players and alts. If something can be an issue with alts, then it is also potentially an issue with players.

As to the change specifically, this was a global change because mission rewards were initially balanced around what a single player was able to achieve. We knew it was possible to group up multiple packages but under-estimated the outcome, especially with the free beta keys. 

While alts exposed this issue to an extent, we also didn't love the idea of people regularly VR’ing around the universe to pick up and deposit missions while actively doing other activities. It felt a little cheap and easy. If you have strong feelings about needing VR missions the way they were before, I'm happy to hear that as well, but keep in mind that it is likely that any measures taken to hurt alts, will also likely hurt players.

This mechanic does not solve problems with alts. The alts will decrease as soon as every player has to pay for the account via subscription.

Is there still a possibility for the main star system to be replaced with the new planet tech? It's a shame it hasn't happened yet, and I can 100% confirm it'd be a major PR boost for the game if done properly.

3 minutes ago, Mjrlun said:

Is there still a possibility for the main star system to be replaced with the new planet tech? It's a shame it hasn't happened yet, and I can 100% confirm it'd be a major PR boost for the game if done properly.

I always assumed they would make a new solar system with that, and probably most people would move over there, it sorta be like a soft wipe in that regard.  but who knows. population still low for how big they made the solar system.  If they made a new one probably only need like 6 planets and moons.  

4 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

image.thumb.png.bbdda83b1e17f6decec86b76752db261.png

They got plans to change it at least.  See what they come up with.

No issues with color change as long as the contrast stays the same. 

All i want is to be able to. Clearly notice objects against the background texture. 

Peter is friends with Paul.

They exchanged rights to mine on each other's tiles.

Frank is friends with Paul but does not know Peter.

Frank has exchanged access righte to constructs with Paul and now can mine on Peter's tiles as well

Working as intended?

Since the direction of DualUniverse has changed with Demeter and coming and will no longer offer the content in the form as once pronounced and marketed, what will NQ's position be on claims for returns or replacements for packages or subscriptions already purchased?

6 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

No issues with color change as long as the contrast stays the same. 

All i want is to be able to. Clearly notice objects against the background texture. 

And i want a darker looking space, that i can also still "see".  Anything to be honest should be better than what we have now.  You can have a darker space without it being "BLACK AND OMG CANT SEE".  we will see what nq comes up with 

39 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

NQ being NQ

• Opening a thread on the fourm for people to post qeuestions for the Q&A
  • Not bothereing to use the thread for the Q&A
  • not allowing a good many to even post in the Q&A

Communication and organisational skills .. top notch /s

To be fair to NQ-Sesh, he seems to be picking some questions form the forums.. 

Habitant: Is there going to be a wipe of all things at the release of the game ? Specific Quanta , Constructs or anything else ?
We explained several times that a partial is on the table and actively discussed internally (like... actively). The prime idea being to reset the economy if we can, following all the changes of the beta. But we also understand that the time players have invested in the game is precious, hence the intense debate internally. We will announce our plans in due time, we're just not at a point where we can do that right now.

Do I understand correctly that you are telling players who currently have an active subscription and pay real money to play a beta (saying there will be no wipe) that this time and money invested is worth nothing? Can we then talk about refunding the subscriptions?

8 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Do I understand correctly that you are telling players who currently have an active subscription and pay real money to play a beta (saying there will be no wipe) that this time and money invested is worth nothing? Can we then talk about refunding the subscriptions?

Please google "beta development stage"

1 minute ago, Zarcata said:

Great, I'll pass that tip on. If it's about definitions, then we are definitely in an alpha, legally speaking.

Then ask a refund for this being alpha instead of beta.

But don't ask a refund for beta to have bugs so huge that require wipes.

4 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Then ask a refund for this being alpha instead of beta.

But don't ask a refund for beta to have bugs so huge that require wipes.

If they don't know about laws and reimbursement claims, why do they keep trying to answer me? My questions are directed at NQ, as the post should also be explicitly understood.
And yes, I think a lot of players will be interested, because a lot of players are currently inclined to make claims.

22 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

(saying there will be no wipe) 

Who said that? NQ sure never did

8 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Great, I'll pass that tip on. If it's about definitions, then we are definitely in an alpha, legally speaking.

Software development stages are not legal terms

They are generally accepted industry standards though

6 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

If they don't know about laws and reimbursement claims, why do they keep trying to answer me? My questions are directed at NQ, as the post should also be explicitly understood.
And yes, I think a lot of players will be interested, because a lot of players are currently inclined to make claims.

Good luck in waiting for your answer.