Gathering your questions for the Q&A on Wednesday, December 1st

NQ-Nyzaltar

Why T1 ore has been removed from Jago, Lacobus, Symeon, Ion?
By doing this, you prevent people from having their base on these planets.

Are you playing the game?
I ask that because a lot of small improvement could be done to improve the player experience.

Have you tested the "new player" experience of the game with the new patch?
Testing that take ~3h, because you will see very fast that after 3h you have nothing to do but harvesting and waiting that your MU give your ore.
We want to have new player in the game, this is a way to keep the game alive. If someone that have 5h a Sunday afternoon to test the game, don't enjoy it, he will not play it anymore.

What will you do to improve Org management? 
The game is missing a lot of feature if you want to manage correctly. With Demeter you have not added anything for the orgs.
No ingame calendar, taxes on mission for orgs, only 3 type of member, etc...

Why I can subscribe an account for 6 month and put only 13 weeks in reserve for my tile?
This is absurd, if I pay for an account I should be able to protect my assets for the time being.
I am not saying that it should be automatically protected, but I should be able to put enough money for the upkeep. 

When the Lua API for Mining Unit will be implemented?
There is no data we can get from the Mining Unit, would be nice to be able to track the status via Lua.

Why there is no way to track the calibration charge we have without a Mining Unit?
The only way to know how many charge we have is to activate a Mining Unit. We should be able to know that without having to activate a Mining Unit.

Game has still lots of issues.

Before Demeter it were not a problem and no hurry to fix them.
How ever now after Demeter update we must earn lots of Quanta every week to keep our assets in planets.

It is critical that we can perform all operations which are needed to earn that quanta without delays.

Right now there are many bugs which creates lots of delays to operations we need for earning enough quanta.

Now we as players are under strict timers to pay our in-game duties.

Question:

How will NQ guarantee that they provide stable game so that we can pay our taxes?

On 11/26/2021 at 10:58 AM, CptLoRes said:

Please explain your vision for how new and casual players and solo builders should be able to find an enjoyable game loop with Demeter.

I love how you just summarized all the forum threads, posts etc. since update into a single simple question. What makes me sad is how NQ will answer, which will be useless muttering that avoids/ignores the actual question. 

We need some Quality of Life tweaks for several of the UI.  Is this on the roadmap anywhere?

A big one for me and it's a general use case, why was the right ctrl key not used on US Ansi keyboards?  Can this be added?

Map Screen

• Map screen has several draw backs.  It's very slow when you have a lot of territories and constructs, taking up to 10 seconds sometimes to load.  
  • When clicking on an owned territory, the Owners name is cut off, you already have that window set to scroll, please put in a wrap-around to display the full name.
  • Searching?  Would be a huge boon in the Map screen.
  • Remember a previous selection, like if you have scan results shown, go back to that if possible.
  • Allow scan results to be layered on display along with other tiles, they are a unique color, but allow us to show both owned tiles and scan results please.
  • Filtering?  Even just using the drop down at the bottom right for the Org, allowing us to only display territories for the org that is picked would help.
    • Constructs, give us the ability to filter on one type.

Mining Unit Calibration

• Show us our total calibrations available without having to go to a MU please.
  • When calibrating multiple MU's, it's hard to keep up with the bonus harvest ore and easy to forget.  If it's dark or under water, very hard to find by looking.  Log that info for us please as a QoL improvement, a notification or just a log drop down similar to the org wallet transaction log.
  • not really MU, but related, once you go harvest the bonus rocks, they are named differently than the others, Aluminium vs Bauxite like the 20L ones.

RDMS Screen

• In the RDMS screen, again, names are cut off for orgs.
  • Why is the org list randomized?  Let us search/sort please.
  • Allow searching of a TAG, drop downs are only good for a short list.
  • Name sort seems to be buggy, sometimes it works, but most of the time, it seems to sort based on a group based on age and I cannot get several orgs to sort correctly.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, DrFrigoPorco said:

So....did I miss all the NQ answers on this post? Or did NQ just put up a 'ask your questions' post without answering ONE question asked....WOW! I feel.....disharmony in the force within NQ. GOOD LUCK! 

NQ are collecting questions to answer on a video Q&A session, due to be recorded in a few days

On 11/27/2021 at 1:38 PM, Warlander said:

Q1: Can you consider tweaking taxes by the total ore pool and by ore present?

Taxes should be on the value of the property and not across the board with T1 = 100k-h per 100l/h, T2 = 150k-h per 100l/h

T3 = 200k-h, T4 = 200k-h per 100l/h, and T5 = 250k-h per 100l/h. Not all tiles are created equal and the prime tiles should cost more.

I was thinking along the same lines.   

First off every tile costs the same 500K to purchase, be it on Alioth or Jago or wherever in the solar system.  It needs to be a tiered  approach, primarily based on the tier of ore found on average on that planet (not necessarily a tile by tile basis ).  Then this tiered approach would also apply to the amount of taxes due on a weekly basis.  With the decline of the market prices for T1 ore this becomes even more of a sustainability issue to utilize MU's on T1 planets such as Alioth.   

Why pay the same amount in purchasing the tile and then ongoing taxes on a primarily T1 tile versus tiles with higher tiers of ore?

Do you plan to set a "baseline" for  all ore Tiers to continue making MU's viable in the future?   (there appears to be market bots buying T1 for 25h . . . is that even profitable for a new player who may only have one tile and limited talents?)

Harvesting ore stones (that are spawned after calibrating mining units) requires players to hold the left mouse button a lot. For some players this causes wrist and/or finger pain/discomfort. Could surface ore harvesting be made more ergonomic? Mining tool had an auto-mine mode (toggled with the middle mouse button). Perhaps the harvest tool could have this mode too?

34 minutes ago, Immortallis said:

I was thinking along the same lines.   

First off every tile costs the same 500K to purchase, be it on Alioth or Jago or wherever in the solar system.  It needs to be a tiered  approach, primarily based on the tier of ore found on average on that planet (not necessarily a tile by tile basis ).  Then this tiered approach would also apply to the amount of taxes due on a weekly basis.  With the decline of the market prices for T1 ore this becomes even more of a sustainability issue to utilize MU's on T1 planets such as Alioth.   

Why pay the same amount in purchasing the tile and then ongoing taxes on a primarily T1 tile versus tiles with higher tiers of ore?

Do you plan to set a "baseline" for  all ore Tiers to continue making MU's viable in the future?   (there appears to be market bots buying T1 for 25h . . . is that even profitable for a new player who may only have one tile and limited talents?)

I think the whole system is fubar not just the unequally applied taxes.

For instance why say "you make more in ore than you pay in taxes" to shich it means you could in theory buy up the whole planet if you had the funds and means and profit when you could do the same thing and actually make tiles worth mining if you just needed one tile with 175 mining units in one tile?

They could have kept the compounding tile drop costs the way they were where every time you buy a tile it doubles with a flat 150k a week tax to let people who just want to play causual or whatevrr cover a 7 tile cluster with the login bonus and if you want to mine then you get taxed by the mining units you put down that each add 10k-h+10k-h for Grade (XS-L+) and Rarity (Basic-Unique) so that its by the size of your opperation rather than the mass amount of tiles you need to practically do or mine nothing per month.

They could have adapted the old system we had just without the voxels if they simply just had the nodes and amounts of the old system updated with the mining unit interface to where the icons for the ore types when clicked on became an inventory type system that just had random nodes or more specifically stacks of ore as the nodes since you only need to represent the stack icon and how many liters each node has in the tile. 

From there you could have kept the finite type system of how much ore was in each tile and randomly refill it next month with various ores or more stacks added to the ore types and made it so that you have finite ore stacks each month but you can put down as many miners on however many nodes that exist and each node was more like the traditional system with mega nodes or rare ores that show up or refill what you used in the tile in a randomized way.

They could have also made a meta of having to pay attention to dead miners that mined out a node and having to keep track of how much is being pulled out and refocus the miners to different nodes or limiting the number of miners per node perhaps. 

We wouldnt need a mini game if we got the ore we need. Its not like pilots have a brethalizer mini game to start flying, or industrialists have to play a mini game to start a machine and calibrate it, and its not like PvPers have to play an asteroids mini game to start shooting people. Its dumb and out of place in DU to make one system reliant on activity points via a mini game and no other gameplay style for no reason.

But the fewer tiles you need vs the mining opperation size per tile treated like industry or ship building progression with a lack of cost to run while flooding the market and not going with some kind of consumable to get the ore instead of taxes or a reduced tax is again short sighted.

Mining should have a similar progression system as industry or ship building in the sense that you should be able to customize your mining opperation with drill tips, dill tips, rock crushers, or other add ons that make mining both better and expensive to overcome the taxes they create that could cost millions or hundreds of millions to billions per tile.

Not only that but only make those digging parts last so long before you need to replace them so that it acts like gas for ships in the sense that you get a lot more by grade/rarity of the parts in efficiency but you need to replace the parts like bits and tips which keeps the ore market going.

1 hour ago, DrFrigoPorco said:

So....did I miss all the NQ answers on this post? Or did NQ just put up a 'ask your questions' post without answering ONE question asked....WOW! I feel.....disharmony in the force within NQ. GOOD LUCK! 

Man, it's in the title. Reading isn't that hard.

Gathering your questions for the Q&A on Wednesday, December 1st

6 hours ago, DrFrigoPorco said:

THey will do a Q&A on Dicord as seem here

It will be interesting to see which questions NQ picks to answer and whether they actually answer them. I'll probbaly capture the session for "future refernce"..

On 26/11/2021 at 18:58, CptLoRes said:

Veuillez expliquer votre vision de la façon dont les joueurs débutants et occasionnels et les constructeurs solo devraient pouvoir trouver une boucle de jeu agréable avec Demeter.

+1

On 27/11/2021 at 01:33, Jake Arver said:

Pourquoi NQ a-t-il conçu l'accès aux unités minières de manière plutôt incohérente via le RDMS

Le système RDMS est conçu de manière à ce que tout élément individuel (groupe) sur une construction puisse se voir accorder des droits d'accès et avec un accès autorisé, de même que l'utilisation dudit élément.

Si j'ai des droits miniers sur une tuile et que je possède la construction sur laquelle se trouve l'unité minière, cela devrait suffire.

Actuellement, contrairement à tout autre élément du jeu, l'unité de minage a sa propre entrée de droits dans le seul but de l'activer. Ceci est incompatible avec la conception du RDMS.

+1
I think it is urgent to review this!
RDMS is quite complicated to manage without adding a layer.

Q1: Do you guys see mining units as some kind of carnival game vs a system like industry?

Q1-A: If industry (or any system) was treated like mining units and you had to drop a TU, static core, and could only put down 7-12 industry units per core, could only make 4 products per tile, you could only make 500-800 crafts per hour per tile, and you had to play a mini game to spawn parts around your tile, and pay 1 mil for industry on top of mining unit taxas would you run an industry? 

Why do we even need all the tax forced game speed, action based time units no other system uses, stifling limitations, and incentivized land grabs to take quanta out when we needed a resource sink with drill bits moving the ore market rather than floodig it with ore nobody needs since its about the quanta.

Q2: Why didnt you just adapt the old mining system to make sense as the industry?

You litterally just needed to add a inventory to the first Mining Unit screen so that you just needed to select the ore type and it has a pool of nodes without voxels in the form of ore stacks and still had 100s of nodes per tile you could put a miner on each of them and just respawn the ore each month and whatever you produce just goes from the finite ore pool and spawns on the surface every hour without all the BS mechanics to where you dont need to go to 35 tiles to get a box of ore per day traveling 35km when you just needed a handful of tiles generating what should be in the tile.

Q3: What is the point of the mini game in the first place?

Just cut to the chase and spawn the ore per hour on the ground since you will have to harvest it off the ground anyways and its a boring dedundant mechanic no other system needs or uses.

Adding charge based time units as stamina is a bad system that stifles gameplay but also having a mini game that again no system needs on top of it is a double edged slippery slope.

Assumption:

All mining unit talents = lvl5; calibration = 100%; adjacency bonus = 60%;

Question:

Does the value of the tile's base-rate effects the production rate of a single miner (assuming the tile contains at least 100ltr/hr?

E.g.
a) Tile base rate = 130; what is the product rate of a single miner ?

b) Tile base rate = 160; what is the product rate of a single miner ?

My guess is that the production rate of a single miner is always the same when looking at the base value of the tile. This beacause all the talent perks apply on the miner unit production rate, is this correct?

Woudl it be possible to give some calculation examples?

Q1: How do you plan to make salvaging more of an activity than just tearing down what people built?

You could just as easily add elements to the rock spawns on the ground and randomly  spawn elements like toilets, doors, ship parts, and whole ships so that you can find random things around the planets instead of looting peoples ships or buildings or only spawning ships. It would be nice to find space engines, containers full of ore, or any number of things randomly seeded in the world.

2 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Its a "player made content" game. 

If you need aliens, ask them for alien skins so we can all role-playing as aliens. 

I.e. we need tools from NQ that allows us to make interesting content, do more then just cosmetic/UI stuff with scripts, make proper custom missions, host markets etc.