Bankrupt in three days

Jomanda

9 minutes ago, Honvik said:

Like I say they are pushing you to roids and more to a broken pvp system. 

Genuine question, how much pvp roid mining have you done?  Because I see this sort of comment a lot, when in my experience the risk of pvp at roids is pretty low if you know what you are doing.  I did pvp roid mining as my main activity for about 4 weeks after they launched, visiting roids that were already discovered below the top tier.  I got into pvp ONCE and lost ONE ship.  In the meantime my mining returns were far higher than anything i was getting on planets (without a T3 mega).  So does your feedback come from experience or believing the hype?

2 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Either way I think we can agree that the price of ore has NOT collapsed, that said, as the price drops, more of the ore whales will start to wet their knickers an possibly dump, so prices could still go down and they will lose a lot of money, which will be funny.

Has not collapsed yet. Deflation takes some time, give it a few rounds of taxes and you will see the impact on the markets

56 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Three days after you claim the tile, the tax is due.  If you don't pay it, you won't be able to run mining units or industry on the tiles.  

Now you have two weeks before the tile becomes abandoned, so plenty of time to wait another week and pick up your TU

Well, I assume that, once the tax is due it wont let me take my territory unit back, until I pay the tax, which wont be worth it.  Maybe I am wrong?  but I have a feeling it will say that I cant interact with the territory unit.

2 hours ago, vylqun said:

Has not collapsed yet. Deflation takes some time, give it a few rounds of taxes and you will see the impact on the markets

I have no doubt, if the ore whales see the price start dropping and panic, then it will tumble and I will laugh they they will be losing billions.  Does make me laugh though, everyone on here has been complaining about spiraling inflation and now you are all moan about deflation???

14 hours ago, Jomanda said:

In three days time we need to pay 3 milion in taxes.

Anyway, we really had a lot of fun, but right now there is no point for us to continue playing. Our small base is at ::pos{0,2,56.5535,-170.9944,32.7241} it should be free to loot in a few days.

Goodbye!

You have to pay in three days? Impossible. Everyone got a 14 day Tax break at the beginning. All my Units said at the beginning, that Taxes are due in 14 days. Or does this not apply to newly placed Territory Units?

Besides, you can claim these Tiles as a player, and then set them as HQ Tiles. Then they will not be abandoned when you run out of money.

In addtition to the abandonement protection you get 1 free personal territory claim per planet/moon, so you can mine 3 days without paying tax, and pick up your things at the end of the week.

If you pay attention to collect the discovered ore deposits after calibrating, you can make a good starting cash buffer.

(use your mouse to hover all the (?) signs on the different mining unit screens)

7 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Genuine question, how much pvp roid mining have you done?  Because I see this sort of comment a lot, when in my experience the risk of pvp at roids is pretty low if you know what you are doing.  I did pvp roid mining as my main activity for about 4 weeks after they launched, visiting roids that were already discovered below the top tier.  I got into pvp ONCE and lost ONE ship.  In the meantime my mining returns were far higher than anything i was getting on planets (without a T3 mega).  So does your feedback come from experience or believing the hype?

Experience.  The PvP at the roids do occur more depending on time zone.  Not sure what time zone you are but for me its been a mixed bag with probably 50/50 split of times I've been hit (still got a good haul) compared to not being hit.   Also certain places seem easier not being hit i.e dont do it so much around Alioth close to certain alliances faction bases.

4 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

I have no doubt, if the ore whales see the price start dropping and panic, then it will tumble and I will laugh they they will be losing billions.  Does make me laugh though, everyone on here has been complaining about spiraling inflation and now you are all moan about deflation???

i never complained about inflation, probably because i wasnt playing when most of it happened. Before Demeter nobody would have minded deflation i'd guess, but after demeter it is very detrimental to the ability of players to pay taxes. So yeah, deflation currently is a way bigger problem currently.

The tile tax rate, is just like the schematics prices, not dynamic. So deflation is, at this time only good for those have billions sitting in the wallet (not me, I spent way too much), for everyone else it sucks!

But deflation will only happen if there is more quanta leaving the economy via quanta sinks (like NPC sell orders, schematics, sales taxes, and tile taxes) than enters it via quanta faucets (daily reward, mission rewards, NPC buy orders). That might happen when everyone is bussy with automining and NQ nerfed missions, but when everyone has setup their automining operation and mitigated the mission nerfs, things will go back to 'normal'.

Lower prices for products isn't necessarily inflation (as taxes and schematics won't change), there will just be more supply. The next few months the economy of supply and demand will be messy, for many reasons. Most of which I won't mention because it'll be way more profitable for me if others don't get wise to it... ?