How to set up RDMS for Mining Unit

sHuRuLuNi

I have now lost 3 Charges with this BS, tried to set up RDMS following some kind of logic - but the RDMS system is so out of whack and so complex I really wonder how the brain of the lad/lass who programmed this actually works ....

I have the following situation:

I have a tile, which is owned by me.
I have a static core which is owned by my ORG (because thank you NQ, as a player I cannot deploy more cores --- I am actually a ship Builder, I have used all cores pretty quickly)
I have a miner which is owned by me.

Appreciate the players in the chat who were trying to help by telling me that I have to "give the Mining Unit Rights to territory".
But that was unfortunately super unclear. Because apparently you also need to set up Policies, Tags and so on.

Now the question is: Set up policies for the Player or the ORG?

As in: when you open RDMS you have 2 big tabs on top - one for the player and one for the org.

So in my specific case, where as described the territory is owned by me, the core is owned by ORG and the miner is owned by me, how am I supposed to go about this?

Do I set up Tags, Policies and Rights for the Tab "player" or for the tab "ORG"?

Then: Do i have to "give" this Tag (with the rights and policies in it) to the Territory Unit or to the Static Core or to both?

This is so frustrating - this whole unintuitive and unnecessarily complex RDMS system. But hey, it's NQ right, so why make it intuitive and simple when you can make it complicated?

So you placed a mining unit on a construct owned by an org which is on a tile owned by you?

As the org legate, you shoudl have full rights to the org constructs and thus to the mining unit on the construct, as you own the tile, you should have full rights to minie on that tile.

If this is about the fact that the mining unit is on the org construct, which makes the org (as owner of the construct) the actor needing rights to mine on the tile, Knowing NQ that would make perfect sense for them while it makes so sense to pretty much anyone else. The part that is off her eis that the mininung unit needs access to the tile and not the construct. So regardless of who owns the construct, who ever owns the mining unit need to be what determines the rights..

I am almost tempted to test this..

12 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

So you placed a mining unit on a construct owned by an org which is on a tile owned by you?

As the org legate, you shoudl have full rights to the org constructs and thus to the mining unit on the construct, as you own the tile, you should have full rights to minie on that tile.

If this is about the fact that the mining unit is on the org construct, which makes the org (as owner of the construct) the actor needing rights to mine on the tile, Knowing NQ that would make perfect sense for them while it makes so sense to pretty much anyone else. The part that is off her eis that the mininung unit needs access to the tile and not the construct. So regardless of who owns the construct, who ever owns the mining unit need to be what determines the rights..

I am almost tempted to test this..

If the player owns the tile and the construct is owned by the org it does not matter what your standing is the org needs perms to mine.

We have tested this countless times.

1 minute ago, Snipey said:

the org needs perms to mine.

So, are you saying I need to go into RDMS then I need to click on the Player Tab on the top (and not on the ORG tab) .. and then create a Tag, a Policy and Rights inside the player TAB?

Now, I suppose as an Actor I need to insert the ORG? (as in which actor needs the right to use the mining unit)

So I did test this and indeed. 

On a construct you personally do not own you can't mine on a tile you own unless you set the owner of the construct with mining rights.

The construct determines  the rights here, regardless of who owns it or who owns the mining unit

You _must_ set up the ORG with rights to use a mining unit on the tile

Which makes no sense as the rights shoudldetermine who is able to access the UNIT in the first place, not make it perform an ACTION

If I can ACCESS the unit I should be able to USE it.

If I have mining rights on a tile and access to a mining unit, I shoudl not need any further rights

LOL

image.thumb.png.e56979d20338602b2a497bf6819e1b7f.png

Just now, sHuRuLuNi said:

So, are you saying I need to go into RDMS then I need to click on the Player Tab on the top (and not on the ORG tab) .. and then create a Tag, a Policy and Rights inside the player TAB?

Now, I suppose as an Actor I need to insert the ORG? (as in which actor needs the right to use the mining unit)

OWNER OF TILE: PLAYER(YOU)

VVVV GIVE RDMS TOO THIS VVVV

OWNER OF CONSTRUCT: ORG

4 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

So I did test this and indeed. 

On a construct you personally do not own you can't mine on a tile you own unless you set the owner of the construct with mining rights.

The construct determines  the rights here, regardless of who owns it or who owns the mining unit

You _must_ set up the ORG with rights to use a mining unit on the tile

Which makes no sense as the rights shoudldetermine who is able to access the UNIT in the first place, not make it perform an ACTION

If I can ACCESS the unit I should be able to USE it.

If I have mining rights on a tile and access to a mining unit, I shoudl not need any further rights

LOL

image.thumb.png.e56979d20338602b2a497bf6819e1b7f.png

Wait, what?!

So: I need to go to RDMS -- then I need to click on my Tab (and not on my ORG tab)

And then there, inside my tab I need to setup the tag, the policy and the right.

And then I need to go to the static core and "give" it this Tag?

17 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

So: I need to go to RDMS -- then I need to click on my Tab (and not on my ORG tab)

You need to set this in the RDMS for whoever owns the tile..

I pretty much saw nonsense like this coming the moment NQ brought in RDMS so I always added the ME tag to all of the ones I deployed so I could easily fix shit like this without the owner of the TU being required to actually be near it.  

I expect the person who wrote the original RDMS system may have left and whoever made this change really does not understand how RDMS works. An element should not have specific top level rights, you set access rights for elements with a composite tag.

Specific access (and with it rights to use) for mining units on a construct should be set through a "mining units@ME" tag in the above example. Again, if you can ACCESS an element, you should be able to USE it.

So yeah.. looks like your average inconsistent NQ rush job right here. Maybe @NQ-Deckard or @NQ-Sesch can provide clarification as to why this inconsistent behaviour for the RDMS system was implemented

I have the same problem.

- Territory is owned by me

- Territory has full perms for my org

- Core is owned by org

- Core also has full perms for my org (even tho it has them implicitly anyway)

- I am also a Legate

I just get Unauthorized Request when trying to start mining units with any user from my org.

This is a shambles. NQ, didn't you test this?