How to calibrate help!

Underhook

I cant be the only one who is having trouble with calibration.

devblog 101 does not explain how to calibrate.  Not only that but the hotspots looked completely different to those on db101 and the 3 cone's I deployed did not show anything even though the line tool revealed a hot spot within the cones arc.  Awesome.

So, since NQ seems unwilling to explain how calibration works (unless I missed it) I thought maybe people could post their experiences here for the benefit of all.

Oh yeah apparently some ore pops up after calibration.  I never found it.  I didnt know that apparently a message pops up after calibration telling you the location of the ore.  I never noticed the message and never got the ore.  So, if your new watch out for that one.

I also used the cone a few times and found it to be useless ... then I only used the "area" tool, with middle mouse button to make it larger or smaller, then I found the brightest spot of ore - which then if you hover over it, shows up to 100% target on the left side bar. I then placed the final point on that spot. And the ore spawned where i placed the point. It also shows the Destination marker on that spot.

I too just blindly "played" with it a bit, because like you, the db101 wasn't any help really. 

57 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

I also used the cone a few times and found it to be useless ... then I only used the "area" tool, with middle mouse button to make it larger or smaller, then I found the brightest spot of ore - which then if you hover over it, shows up to 100% target on the left side bar. I then placed the final point on that spot. And the ore spawned where i placed the point. It also shows the Destination marker on that spot.

I too just blindly "played" with it a bit, because like you, the db101 wasn't any help really. 

I only got to 50%   I think maybe the ore only spawns if you find the 100% ?

1 hour ago, Underhook said:

Oh yeah apparently some ore pops up after calibration.  I never found it.  I didnt know that apparently a message pops up after calibration telling you the location of the ore.  I never noticed the message and never got the ore.  So, if your new watch out for that one.

After you set the final position , the number of leters  is shown on the left hand side of the dialog and above it is a button to set the current destination (waypoint) to the location of the surface ore. After pressing that it is easy to find the surfaceore.

I also noticed that somehow the calibration charge talents aren't doing much? I have them both (normal and improved) at lvl 5 which should reduce the charge regeneration for at least 2 hours, so instead of it needing 4 hours as it says for regeneration, it should only need 2 ... but I just calibrated one miner and it says the next charge will be generated in 3 hours and 59 minutes ....

3 hours ago, JayleBreak said:

After you set the final position , the number of leters  is shown on the left hand side of the dialog and above it is a button to set the current destination (waypoint) to the location of the surface ore. After pressing that it is easy to find the surfaceore.

Ahh, I thought that was just the final locating calibration for the auto miner.  Thanks

There is a video guide but it's in French and the subtitles are only in French.

Thank you to the champion that finally does one in English.
why doesn't youtube scan uploads to provide subtitles in whichever language u need. Course it only takes the uploader 2 seconds to add them but hey.
The vid gives you a semblance of an idea but as you can imagine, from such a non intuitive system, context is missing without speech or text.

5 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

I also noticed that somehow the calibration charge talents aren't doing much? I have them both (normal and improved) at lvl 5 which should reduce the charge regeneration for at least 2 hours, so instead of it needing 4 hours as it says for regeneration, it should only need 2 ... but I just calibrated one miner and it says the next charge will be generated in 3 hours and 59 minutes ....

Standard without skills is something around 6 hours ....

3 hours ago, Talonclaw said:

There is a video guide but it's in French and the subtitles are only in French.

Thank you to the champion that finally does one in English.
why doesn't youtube scan uploads to provide subtitles in whichever language u need. Course it only takes the uploader 2 seconds to add them but hey.
The vid gives you a semblance of an idea but as you can imagine, from such a non intuitive system, context is missing without speech or text.

The video was actually very helpful.  I will probably make a video on this soon.  So, the cone tool does not make any hotspot light up on the map (I thought anything in the cones arc would light up).  The cone will simply point towards the hot spot location, so its useful to put one in the middle initially as the direction of the cone will indicate which 3rd of the hex the hot spot is in.