How to progress after Demeter?

miaminice

37 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Its a wipe just not the one most people thought they were going to do.

It's actually not unthinkable NQ expects to be able to sidestep the wipe question through their "work" in Demeter and are expecting this will make the remaining playerbase clean up for them. In their mind it may well be that the main reason for people discussing a wipe is the many constructs scattered all over, which really is just a minor consideration for most of us in favor of a wipe.

NQ has shown to not come and talk to us on these things but just assume "this" is what "we" think and then over engineeer some "solution" to a non existing problem as a result.

4 hours ago, miaminice said:

I am sorry but to stay a week with just clicking left mouse button 2-4h a day is not was i want to do after my rl work. I come home and just want relaxing and a bit fun on my pc. Just left clicking is a work for an automated system and not for a human. I am over 40 years old - i have better things to do as press dumb the same button over hours. 

I will try a bit but i guess i will change the back to avorion. This is also a space voxel game but with way more funny things to do. 

Fun is subjective, I HATED avorion, I quite liked mining in DU.  I am also over 40 years old, not sure what that has to do with anything.   That said, I am not just starting DU now, so cant really comment on the FTUE.

33 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

It's actually not unthinkable NQ expects to be able to sidestep the wipe question through their "work" in Demeter and are expecting this will make the remaining playerbase clean up for them. In their mind it may well be that the main reason for people discussing a wipe is the many constructs scattered all over, which really is just a minor consideration for most of us in favor of a wipe.

NQ has shown to not come and talk to us on these things but just assume "this" is what "we" think and then over engineeer some "solution" to a non existing problem as a result.

Yeah I see this patch as a reverse wipe that is more about consolidation and liquidation of existing assets and a spring cleaning for all the dead tiles out there.

There probably should be more to do for new players. If I was just starting I'd probably not bother crafting, I'd use the 150k per day and harvest some rocks to sell ore until I can buy a proper ship to do missions or an asteroid scanner.

6 hours ago, Cergorach said:

Some people called the mining you call gameplay also work. Just a different perspective. You can still mine, but you'll have to join a group of asteroid miners and do it in space.

You do 10min of rock grabbing and you'll have have a backpack full of T2 ore. Sell it on market, get million(s), buy schematics/T1 ore, build factory, build better stuff, repeat. You should not be rock picking for months. After a week you should be ready to move to Alioth an get more in the 20.000+ ore per day range after some more work/gameplay.

I still sometimes pick up rocks because I forgot to do stuf (like bring fuel, scrap or some elements), but avoid it when I can.

The biggest issue is all game have a degree of grind or effort to gain resources. Your grind is my gameplay since for once the grind wasnt solely based off of sitting at a spawn somewhere grining npcs for hours and having a 0.0000001% chance of doing or getting what I set out to do vs having a physical thing to grind on that was all based on effort or time spent grinding it and more on skill to get it done faster and made better by talents.

Now nothing in this game takes any degree of skills and essentially plays the game for you with nothing to do. Sure there are asteroids that still have that built in but if the point to getting rid of mining was to free up performance why just add all the ore right back into the game to do the same thing with asteroids? The only difference being wasting 1 hour tracking it down and getting as much as you can before some other asteroid crew comes or the server tells them to come to waste more space gas and time doing roids.

The main problem here is NQ never wanted to make content and put it on our shoulders to do it for them in which content developing players for the most part kept it for themselves in tight knit communites of coders or made businesses of selling their content in game that in most other games you could experience freely. The problem is that players are not devs or they would make their own games and so the content being made is not what most content consumers want to experience or do constantly as most people dont mave degrees in game design.

Without AI or NPCs or something to break up the monotony or to fight when players are focused on the building side of the game trying to progress to eventually PvP if they even want to there needs to be something else to do in the 90% of the time most people have sitting around since missions are dead, mining is dead, and their industries are essentially dead forcing action to pay taxes.

Most people came here to play a game and build something rather than the IRS road trip simulator it is turning into with no action or fun to justify their frequent flyer miles.

3 hours ago, RumRunner25 said:

I also dont understand the point of even having auto miners on sanctuary if the limit is 2000 measly liters a day.

That is because it isn't. The limit is much higher if people understand how automining actually works. This forum shows that many don't, most can't seem to do basic math, and just about everyone is making the wildest assumptions that they haven't researched properly and/or haven't actually checked themselves in game...

18 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

That is because it isn't. The limit is much higher if people understand how automining actually works. This forum shows that many don't, most can't seem to do basic math, and just about everyone is making the wildest assumptions that they haven't researched properly and/or haven't actually checked themselves in game...

Then tell us all how Decimater works then oh wise one...

On 11/24/2021 at 7:55 PM, Warlander said:

Then tell us all how Decimater works then oh wise one...

Why should I enlighten the unconstructive arseholes that are creating a toxic forum and are the cause for my inner arsehole to awaken?

You know what! It all sucks, can't get a liter of ore out of the ground if bled on it for hours... Go pickup rocks on Sanctuary for all I care. When I've got my mining operation going, figured out RDMS with the new stuff, I'll talk to some actual nice and non-toxic newbies and veterans alike that want to make some quanta, save some quanta or just want to store their stuff long term without all the hassle of upkeep...

Maybe go play a game that makes you a happier less toxic gamer...