Have Active Player numbers been published anywhere?

Sparktacus

In the few weeks after beta last year, concurrent logings peaked at around 3700 and started dropping quickly from there. Then NQ closes the API they forgot they had left open with no passowrd.

NQ says thaht player number stabalized earlier this year.. but that means absoluitely nothing as having 100 people online at any given time is a "stabalized" player count. I personally doubt numbers hit 4 digits except for maybe around patches when people have a peek or now set their TU as HQ and leave again like I did.

Man, this game looks like a badly lit Chirstmas tree now with all the bright and pulsing colored surface ricks.. it just looks awful.

10 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

In the few weeks after beta last year, concurrent logings peaked at around 3700 and started dropping quickly from there. Then NQ closes the API they forgot they had left open with no passowrd.

NQ says thaht player number stabalized earlier this year.. but that means absoluitely nothing as having 100 people online at any given time is a "stabalized" player count. I personally doubt numbers hit 4 digits except for maybe around patches when people have a peek or now set their TU as HQ and leave again like I did.

Man, this game looks like a badly lit Chirstmas tree now with all the bright and pulsing colored surface ricks.. it just looks awful.

They sure do love making things pretty instead of functional. 

You can only put so much lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig. 

10 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

Where did you get that 3700 number from?  It sounds a lot higher than I would have expected.

48 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

Where did you get that 3700 number from?  It sounds a lot higher than I would have expected.

NQ left an API open which we found, it showed the number of players in game and the number of players in queue.

You really think 3700 online players is high? it's a very low number for a game this scale. They'd need several multiples of that just to give the game a sense of being populated and busy. Back then any of the core markets would have many players visiting, general a dozen or two at least with the more popular m,arkets well above that. Now you'd be lucky to find 10-15 people at Market 6 when you go there..

16 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

NQ left an API open which we found, it showed the number of players in game and the number of players in queue.

You really think 3700 online players is high? it's a very low number for a game this scale. They'd need several multiples of that just to give the game a sense of being populated and busy. Back then any of the core markets would have many players visiting, general a dozen or two at least with the more popular m,arkets well above that. Now you'd be lucky to find 10-15 people at Market 6 when you go there..

I don't think 3700 is high for this type of game.  But having actually played DU I find it surprising that there were ever that many people on at once.  The most I've ever seen in one place outside of an organised gathering was a single digit number of people at a market.

NQ removed the number when they revamped the website but before beta the counter for created accounts was at about 45K or so. Not al those were active and had backer pledges though.. It wa sjust the total number of people who created an account.

The only exact number we know is the kickstarter numbers.. I coudl see the total number of backers be around 20K with mopst having 1 beta key.. SO the game started with probably around 50K keys which makes the 3700 concurrent loging number very low indeed and yes, it fell off very quickly but NQ closed the API shortly after they found out we had access to this and there was an actual counter up  on a webpage..