Again the NQ *Sneak in a change* hits the game... Yep VR missions

Honvik

So NQ even when asked on discord seem to be ignoring this but if you did not know they nerf'd missions by you cannot take or hand them in via VR.  As a result people who run mission haulers for perhaps org friends or you join someone who is running them can no longer join in with 'ease'.  It in fact does not stop those who have 'beta keys' running all their alts on the mission hauler (so they can carry on normal) but in fact hits the player who doe not maybe have multiple alts (well nothing like 80-160 we've heard about).

So NQ can you explain the change?  How are you going to stop those who bundle their 'freebie' alts onto a mission hauler and just cycle like they've always been doing?  Now I guess I could 'warp shuttle' everywhere to do it taking even more time out of doing other things I guess!.  

Now, if you want quanta with mission, you need to subscribe many alt acount and let them disconnect on you mission ship instead of VR

Removing VR mission is not a big change for multi account player, but it's a huge loss for real player that will spend more time for the same result.
Now we need to warp, take the mission, and once the transport done, warp to destination and retrive mission
I realy don't see the goal of that idea.
It's also complety remove the hauler gameplay, I was use to to mission for may other player and of curse be payed for that

So this year NQ remove :
Hauler gameplay

Combat Engineer gameplay
Multi-crew PVP ship gameplay
etc...

It changes nothing.

We should just embrace the VR as a Teleporter already and just open up the game. Its either opening up a can of worms since you cant use VR to run missions and yet with 5 base charges and 5 max charges via talents. Sure you wont be able to use 5 the first time you VR to calibrate 5 MUs but you can go back and you can VR right back and use the other 5 charges you couldnt the first time since VR uses T1 and you get 5 charges. If you can exploit VR like that with Calibration then why cant you do it for missions. Why cant you do that for buying/selling, Building ships/voxels with VR, Why cant you drop 5/10 TUs, Use scanners, or fly ships Via VR even though you can do it regardless via VR with the maneuver tool even if it takes longer to move.

We might as well just get straight to the point and just make it just 3D print your character on the other side via some tax and just let you burn a Calibration Charge to get there and allow you to just teleport like in any other game that understood the concept.

But at the same time they re-introduced the bug, glitch, or exploit of actually teleporting via VR with your character so if people learn to do that its essentially doing that. I had it happen to me multiple times in the past month.

Its just like the teleporter pad element. You cant teleport more than 30m and yet you can pretty much do everything via VR to do the same thing and yet you cant use the teleport pad to cross an L core without 4+ of them or go between cores, or tiles, etc and yet you can do that with VR. Its silly.

Its like either NQ knows all this stuff is possible orintentionally made it this way or people just freely use and exploit these systems thinking its not breaking the game or keeping it to themselves as like hidden secret knowledge. Either way its hella broken and it all needed to be fixed eventually anways.

How many people play this game? Sometimes I think they kill the game on purpose.  It is very difficult for beginners to get comfortable with this game.  It's an awful long time for talents to open, in this game your factories freeze after each server restart, your base takes more than 2 minutes to load, I can continue this list endlessly.  They killed interesting gameplay again, like it did with patch 0.23 when they added schematics

Backers may have at best maybe 3 beta keys per account, NQ did once reset that count so some may have 6 but that is the max.. 

And so, what sounds more pausible:

1. People spending thousands of $$ on alts
  2. Some makingup crazy shit about people spending thousands of $$ on alts

10 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

Backers may have at best maybe 3 beta keys per account, NQ did once reset that count so some may have 6 but that is the max.. 

Not true, at one point backers could "print" more than their allotted keys. There are people that have armies out alts obtained this way. 

There was sn issue around invalid keys yes. NQ disabled those keys late last year en mass, actually impacting many who had genuine keys in the proceess as well.

If you have this information and keys are still out there that you know of, not reporting it to NQ is actually a breach of TOS, if you are just talking  based on "what you heard" then you woudl fall under option 2 in my previous post.

11 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

You fo realise people purchased keys via trades?

What trades, there is a specific number of beta keys around. Yes some of the keys form the exploiit mentioned wil stil be aloive, but many were disabled.. also THIS

Lets cal it for what it is, the game is still knee deep in Alpha and it is abundently clear. NQ knows this full well and while they keep a brave "we're in beta" face when talking to us, they are acting exactly  like they woudl if they were in alpha, letting things slide and experimenting, causing dmage and discomfort for players whicle they try and ge this game back on track. All that is actually fine and expectedin Alpha as you woudl wipe and erase all of that pain once your get to the point you plugged all the hoels and you are ready for what is actually beta, which I fully expect is what NQ will label as "release".