Demeter 0.27 Release - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

7 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Do you guys think about anything you do? This is retarded.

if you have a problem about it, why didn't you bring it up for the first 2-3 weeks it was on PTS?

also, what's the problem here? be more specific please.

23 hours ago, Shaman said:

if you have a problem about it, why didn't you bring it up for the first 2-3 weeks it was on PTS?

We discussed it for a week or two as we weighed out the pros/cons of playing. And lol I have been talking about it non stop where have you been? 

Been talking about all their idiotic changes and how they undevelop or redevelop things they already developed or removing things they develop since I got here. They seem to be destroying this game piece by piece to eventually push everyone out the door to huck this as a game (platform) and ride all the subs and the game into the ground to develop their platform so that when the game fails in a year when they march to launch and it bombs people cant sue them into oblivion like Chronicles of Elyria for not delivering a finished product and they come out smelling like roses to then pitch their platform to studios and investors.

I hope everyone is enjoying their tech demo while it lasts.

So, i've scanned around 25 tiles on Alioth now, and all have nearly the same mix of ores:
Between 80-120l/h Malachite in every tile, 4-10l coal, 30-65 hematite, 30-50 quartz and every tile except one has over 500l/h bauxit. No limestone yet nor acanthite. Anyone with other experience?

As a nwe player, located on the sanct moon -> this update kills my entire progress. The yields from mining units are simply a joke and a punch in every players face. I suggest to patch out the entire calibration prozess and give allways max. yield until area max is reached. Also 5x or better 10x times yield rates on tiles. Or, just bring back the old mining feature.

The game feels so limited right now. I play this for building stuff  - but i can´t build anymore. I guess if you don´t patch it to a version that brings fun - i will not stay that long in this game. Right now it is like log on 30 days for 5 minutes every day to calibrate and 1 day gaming with the material mined in that 30 days -.-

12 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

Where's the fun? More of a slog than the old mining simulator.

At bare minimum:

T1 needs to be 1000l/h

T2 needs to be 500l/h

T3 needs to be 250l/h

T4 needs to be 125l/h

T5 needs to be 75l/h

With talents to increase that 100% with T5 talents.

And then thats bare minimum status quo of what you could get now that VR is dead.

This type of system for infinte ore only works if you add sinks to take ore and elements out of the game via destructive elements, or using the new efficiency system for constantly runing things to do actual damage since efficiency=HP since the more damage the less efficnecy. Without those types of sinks in the game the economy stagnates or grinds to a halt.

With those sinks you can raise MU output to however high and pace it with the items and ore leaving the game. The taxes only serve to address the mission system and since they killed missions with 0.27 there will be lots of money leaving the game with not as much coming in.

And in general the old mining system was like a lottery anyways since whatever was on the player scanner could be anything from 2kl-1mil+kl. With MUs this static garbage vs simulating what the old mining system was with nodes the MUs either collectively or solo node mining with random sizes and l/h would have made more sense without having to babysit MUs and micromanage efficiency like a chineese sweat shop. When MUs were supposed to be an extension of mining when pitched and not replace the system outright.

31 minutes ago, Warlander said:

At bare minimum:

T1 needs to be 1000l/h

T2 needs to be 500l/h

T3 needs to be 250l/h

T4 needs to be 125l/h

T5 needs to be 75l/h

With talents to increase that 100% with T5 talents.

And then thats bare minimum status quo of what you could get now that VR is dead.

This 100%. The current L/H is beyond a joke and a kick in the face. How are we supposed to do anything in this game now. I have 0 drive to continue playing with the direction this is going. I love the mining units, but the rates need to be raised tremendously.

This is dumb I can only put a mining unit on static construct so what the pint of even leaving my base  besides finding a better claims what is a scanner for now besides scanning a new claims  what encourages me two go out and explore  I just don’t get this  and I am limited two how much I can mine per hour or day good job NC kill mining and exploring  I just don’t get this direction you sucked the fun right out of it  it feels like a farming sim 

not what I backed this game for 

im So disappointed  I tried two be open two this but all I’m thinking now is what the hell are you thinking 

44 minutes ago, Zireaa said:

This is dumb I can only put a mining unit on static construct so what the pint of even leaving my base  besides finding a better claims what is a scanner for now besides scanning a new claims  what encourages me two go out and explore  I just don’t get this  and I am limited two how much I can mine per hour or day good job NC kill mining and exploring  I just don’t get this direction you sucked the fun right out of it  it feels like a farming sim 

not what I backed this game for 

im So disappointed  I tried two be open two this but all I’m thinking now is what the hell are you thinking 

Yeah whats the harm in having MUs on ships since the ore is infinite and its not digging holes if you are collecting ore while you scan at random or parking a ship somewhere to auto mine if nobody owns it since ore is intinite and hurts nothing as long as it is physically on the ground.

Guys, Dont be disrespectful. The devs are doing what their told to do, and will tweak things as they go.  besides  after all we are just beta testers  we are here to test the content that they put out.

However I will say, Ive really been looking forward to this patch and after waiting all day to log in and play and see the patch. Im way disappointed

Normally in a patch we get content,  this is going to take content away and really hurt someone trying to start out in this game.

The ore amounts are embarrassing to say the least.

I could mine more ore in 10 mins of being in game compared to what the autominers are going to do in 24 hours.

I knew it was going to be bad by PTS numbers but i had no clue it would be this bad...

Because not only do we have LOW ore amounts of auto miners, now that the planet seeds have been redistributed we have SPEND ore that were not making much of to go get higher tier ore in low quantities.   or we have to spend even MORE ore that we are making less of to go to asteroids that might not have the ore we need.  and on top of all this now we have a territory tax. that we have to maintain based off of this low ore amount..   

At this point I'm done scanning its absolutely pointless at this current time,   Hopefully the building materials i have will keep me building for a little while, cause there's no point in doing anything else, maybe in a week or so ill have enough ore from the autominers to produce enough fuel to make a market run :( :( :( :(   

14 hours ago, NQ-Deckard said:

Hello Noveans,

We have just released the 0.27 Demeter update, and we would love to hear your feedback.

Let us know what you think below!

Hello :)

There's still a Bug in Demeter that you can mount only 3 Railguns (instead of 4) even if all your according skills are at 5. If you have skills at 3,3,0 You can also mount 3 railguns.

I have done around 25 scans on Symeon.  Every tile had the same ores.  Bauxite around 20 to 40lph, Chromite 20 to 40lph and Garnerite from 90 to 200lph.  Since it seems that T4 and T5 ores are going to be incredibly rare.  It will be interesting to see if I can make a living out of this I have invest around 1 third of my wealth.  I am actually concerned I may go broke.  I invested heavily in the ability to get tier 4 and 5 ore.  The thing is it might be that nobody can afford to buy anything.  Anyway its a challenge which is kinda enjoyable.  I wonder what will happen if the few players who find tier 5 ore decide to leave the game?

12 hours ago, Shaman said:

LOL.. Clearly you have not  been paying attention, you and NQ seem to make a good couple as you act alike

Many have been addressing the many issues with this patch for weeks, NQ just choose to ask for feedback early on and never cared to even engage or consider any of it, outside of removing scans . Mostly "you just do not understand" applies here and no doubt ion  a few weeks we wil get another "we heard you" post, pretending all of this is new to NQ.

NQ, you don't need to store mining tunnels in a database.  Just reset the terrain below 5 km every week, lower all the ore to a depth of more than 5 km. This way you can bring back old mining.

Dear NQ,

After reading the patchnotes completely yesterday evening, my head exploded... One small line, has a huge impact: No more VR missions. I'm no objecting to the change itself, I'm objecting to piling it onto Demeter, with the other mountain of high impact changed. And with high impact changes, I mean changes that require a lot of work and/or a complete rethink on how to use something effectively. IF you had any customer related experience as a change manager that's working with customers, you should know that you don't roll out a bunch of high impact changes if you can avoid it at all. Looks like you either don't have a change manager or anyone experienced with customers looking over the changes and evaluating the customer impact...

You could have made this change two week earlier or two weeks later, fine! It would have been nice for a heads up ahead of time, but we've already established that what NQ says ahead of time is worth sh!te! So unless that changes, don't bother informing anyone of anything ahead of time.

So my DU work day after Demeter launch:

• Is this thing on? Hello? Everything working? Looks like it... Great job NQ! (prays to the IT gods that this isn't going to change)
  • Ground all trade ships until it's clear Demeter LUA changes didn't break everything.
  • Get Autominer BPs, start factory. OK! (setup beforehand)
  • F! Check factory if everything is actually running, F-ing factory patch bugs! But everything looks fine.
  • Saddle up and go scanning/claiming (setup a TU factory before hand and had a bunch ready).
  • Setup static core factory because I forgot something! (always happens)
  • It's clear LUA changes didn't break (badly), so getting the trading ships (aka. mission runners) ready for launch the next day, because it's time for bed!
  • Then someone mentions that single line in the patch notes. Wait what!?!?! *head explodes*

If I had bought my subscription directly from NQ, I would have cancelled right there. If I had already been charged for a year, a ticket to get my money back and if they did not comply, initiated a charge back (service was drastically changed after charging a yearly fee without proper notification). But lucky for NQ, I bought my 4x year time codes via Markee Dragon and I'm not bothering him with this sh!te. So NQ, think twice before even thinking about cutting out the middleman, we actually like the middleman! ? At the moment I REALLY don't like NQ...

I run a main with three alts (miner, ship builder, and two pilots), two of them actually fly the missions, the rest just VR in. With this change and no actual change to the trade routes (missions). My profit would drop to less then 15% (over a 85% loss), as costs would stay the same but, the amount of missions I can pickup/return would drop drastically. If I move charcaters around I reduce the loss to around 50%, but that would mean chugging everyone into a ship and with Demeter launching that just can't happen (need to handle the other Demeter things). The end result will be three alts on a ship (sounds like the start of some joke) and a 65% reduction in income. I do see a solution to this issue, but that takes a lot of work to setup with a little additional running costs and maybe a little additional time required to get back to previous earnings. I think of that work as a challenge, the reasons why I play games like DU and EVE. The issue isn't the change itself, it's the change at the same time as a bunch of other changes that take up all my DU playing time (which is already significantly more then most) for the foreseeable future. I can understand that more casual DU players are getting overwhelmed, angry and may even quit.

In the end the VR mission change does not do anything to change the mission income stream for the long term for most people. We just have to rethink how we operate those trade routes. What it does bring is a bunch of frustration, which leads to annoyance, which leads to anger, which leads to the dark side....

I understand that some of the changes need to happen at the same time, no problem. But NQ needs to really reevaluate it's change policies, schema and user impact/response. It also needs to review it's communications and dependability of what was said. Both items have been raised before, and from the outside it looks like NQ has done Fnck-all with those issues.

In all, Demeter didn't bring any fun new stuff for people to explore, just changes upon changes. Movement in the margins. I'm choosing to see it as a hurdle to overcome, I might not see it so forever, and I know others have not...

6 hours ago, RavenFTW said:

Guys, Dont be disrespectful. The devs are doing what their told to do, and will tweak things as they go. 

No one is disrespectful to the devs, many do have a thing or two to say about NQ. The two are not the same, even when some within NQ who mostly are messengers anyway seem to take it all a tad too personal. I have no doubt the few actual gamedevs NQ employs do what they can with the material they are given. It is the decision makers who seem to not really get it.

6 hours ago, RavenFTW said:

besides  after all we are just beta testers  we are here to test the content that they put out.

The game released in early access "Balpha" last year and many playing are paying a monthly sub to play the game, not to test it.

Most of us who choose to back the game early to actually help in testing and progressing the game have long since stopped playing and even left.

Dear Developers.

What I don't understand is why NQ isn't able to include a soft terrain wipe feature that allows mining underground without any permanent impact on the database.

Another voxel game, Empyrion, that has implemented this.

The difference with the current terrain reset in Dementer is that the terrain around the base, and even in the base itself, is not changed. So if you have an underground base, the terrain in and around that base is not reset.

But no, they remove a well-functioning game mechanic to switch to the autominer, which I have to constantly calibrate to pay my taxes with the meager yield.

If NQ doesn't have such a feature they should program it and bring back underground mining, that would be a positive addition to the autominer.

So personally I don't enjoy the game at the moment, so please make something that covers a wide range of play styles, only then can the game be a success.

5 minutes ago, DontPanic said:

Dear Developers.

What I don't understand is why NQ isn't able to include a soft terrain wipe feature that allows mining underground without any permanent impact on the database.

Another voxel game, Empyrion, that has implemented this.

The difference with the current terrain reset in Dementer is that the terrain around the base, and even in the base itself, is not changed. So if you have an underground base, the terrain in and around that base is not reset.

But no, they remove a well-functioning game mechanic to switch to the autominer, which I have to constantly calibrate to pay my taxes with the meager yield.

If NQ doesn't have such a feature they should program it and bring back underground mining, that would be a positive addition to the autominer.

So personally I don't enjoy the game at the moment, so please make something that covers a wide range of play styles, only then can the game be a success.

5 hours ago, Underhook said:

I have done around 25 scans on Symeon.  Every tile had the same ores.  Bauxite around 20 to 40lph, Chromite 20 to 40lph and Garnerite from 90 to 200lph.  Since it seems that T4 and T5 ores are going to be incredibly rare.

I've had a similar result on Ion but with Coal, Limestone, and Acanthite. Seems like there is an incentive to move to the outer planets which is fine. Just wished they could have given those planets more interesting terrain.

I nano-crafted a couple of small basic units on Sanctuary. I didn't expect much from them and didn't get much, but the surface ores that pop up when you calibrate are a nice kick start. For a new player experience, I would suggest starting players out with at least one charge so they can calibrate when they set the unit up as otherwise the unit won't do anything which will confuse new players to no end.

9 minutes ago, Zireaa said:

I never understand why the ground did not regenerate over time  it never seamed like a good idea two

me and at this point I think NQ is just trying two take the easy way out  rather than developing this 

It could also be that they have the option, but didn't want to do it to push the players in a different direction. It's strange that they didn't think of this feature.