Hey NQ can you DU us all a favor and plug up the Quanta printing machine called missions?

Warlander

• Step 1: Create an Org called "NovaQuark"
  • Step 2: Tie all taxes collected to the "NovaQuark" org bank account
  • Step 3: Tie all the mission payout to deduct from said bank account
  • Step 4: Add talents for missions so active people can grab up to 5 containers of missions at once

Costs, Taxes, and Diminishing Returns:

• Taxes need to be added to VR by distance traveled
  • All actions you can do need to use Calibration charges since you should need to Calibrate a VR Station, Calibrate a Scanner, Calibrate an MU, or Calibrate a Mission and make strategic Choices 10 times every 35 hours.
  • For people doing the same thing over and over it should come with diminishing returns to make room for people if Missions are tied to a finite tax loop. The more missions you run per week the less you get each time or the more weight the packages have each time over the weekly tax cycle.

If missions are based on actual taxes collected now that there is enough Quanta in the game to cover it and retail and property tax to pay for it making the mission payouts fully based on supply of Quanta and Demand by taxes collected if too many people run missions they pay less and less until it is not worth doing or if nobody runs missions for a day the retail tax will refill it somewhat each day until they are worth doing again or when the taxes hit each week they will be worth doing until the money supply drives the rewards down again if hudreds of people are running them via VR.

This loophole in Quanta generation needs to end before it causes more mass inflation like every other MMO on the market with the daily UNI slowly increasing the Quanta pool and you can remove whatever you want via the NovaQuark org master account to flush whatever needs to be flushed from the game.

After that there needs to be an incentive to actually run the missions rather than just creating a VR mission you just need to jump to a space station or space elevator when the pilot hits the stops for 5 mins then go back to whatever you were doing. I suggest that missions be also bound to the charge system per pickup and let people either run miners for property tax or run missions or use charges for scanners, asteroid scanners, or auto miners, and missions. You get 208 per month and you should have to choose what you want to spend them all on wisely.

But to make missions more of an active part of the game there needs to be mission talents to where you can take up to 5 boxes at a time for 1 miner charge so being there is 5 times more profitable for actually being there vs 1 box via VR.

I think mission money coming out of a pool of tax money is a great idea to buffer quanta printing.  It also gives NQ a means to really control inflation by giving tax money a multiplier (could be > or < 1 as needed) as it becomes the pool for missions.

Although I am a single account player, I support the idea of people paying for additional accounts.  However, VRing alts to do missions will lead to the tax just being a redistribution of wealth from people playing the game to people using alts to VR missions.  But I guess the finite pool of tax money to missions buffers that a little.

1 hour ago, Chaos0 said:

I think mission money coming out of a pool of tax money is a great idea to buffer quanta printing.  It also gives NQ a means to really control inflation by giving tax money a multiplier (could be > or < 1 as needed) as it becomes the pool for missions.

Although I am a single account player, I support the idea of people paying for additional accounts.  However, VRing alts to do missions will lead to the tax just being a redistribution of wealth from people playing the game to people using alts to VR missions.  But I guess the finite pool of tax money to missions buffers that a little.

Its why I suggested to also add talents so that if you are actually physically there running missions you could pick up 5 missions worth of boxes instead of just 1 via VR or force alts to be onboard a ship.

Also I suggested talents to make missions more lucrative to be present with talents to increase the number of packages you could pick up per run for active missions up to 5 so as a solo runner you could potentially make more per run vs those with alts or force players with alts to run missions.

If you then make VR a luxury tax every time it was used by charging 10-100+k calculated by distance traveled in SU along with 1 calibration charge it not only robs people from just VRing around wherever they want as many times as they want to exploit the game you could also have a multiplier by how many times you use it per day in addition to the fact that even if you only get 10 charges every 35 hours to VR with, scan, calibrate MUs, or VR to asteroid mining ships since with one scoop of ore you pretty much gain 1hr worth of auto mining.

Is if it cost charges and money by distance with people jumping from planet to planet to mining ship to asteroid, and back it should cost both Quanta to go right back into the NQ account but also multiply on how many times you do that per day since if you run multiple mission ships with alts you could potentially stagger missions and double or triple up which is why I think missions should take 1 charge to pick up.

3 minutes ago, lunaprey said:

Yes, missions with alt accounts is insanely lucrative. I hate it.

Game isn't even out of Beta and has gone the way of Eve Online gold trading

Any game that has this much time, energy, and money required to do basic things will be plagued by gold farmers.

Honestly I think NQ should just allow players to buy this stuff on an NQ sponsored auction site and take a cut for allowing players to sell Quanta, resources, warp cells, etc as they make money for what is done in the shadows regardless and by selling stuff on some kind of in game cash market anything you post could be put in some kind of box they can use to police large transfers and flag all the people selling accoumts, laundering Quanta, etc to make their market more viable and create an in game economy that also helps fund the game. Its happening anyways and the prices are insanely good in a lot of cases. 100mil=$100 and NQ could take a 5-25% cut of that.

1 minute ago, LoveToDie said:

or. hear me out, NQ can make it so you cant pick up a mission in VR?

I assume you are new.

NQ has made this game so that either the more beta keys alpha backers kept or the number of accounts you sub as alts empowers you to do double+ everything in the game via VR. The only caviot with missionsis you need a physical pilot, as many boxes as people to keep the containers sepperated since they arent marked, a VR pad/Station and you are good to go. If you are dual boxing it is easier but even if you get to the stops log your alt in pick up the mission and log out you still pick up the packages and can scale this up as big as you want since AGG makes it as such that wings and all that dont matter and there is no real upward limit of containers, alts, org mates, etc as long as you watch the bounce of the AGG which can and will snap if you arent careful.

You can also use this in many other ways since with Alts you get 5 tax free tiles each if you start an org with each of them and sub to whatever main guild you are in for the real tile bonuses and mining.

They limit the maneuvering tool in VR but if you are scanning via VR you can start the scans and move the ship when scans are done. If you hit the maneuvering tool max for like 10-15 mins you can just jump on an alt and push it further to the next 3 tile cluster since you can fit 3 scanners in a triangle at the border seams and scan 3 tiles at once.

You could have 1 pilot hunting asteroids and litterally have a whole crew VR in to mine them since even at T1 you get more ore per rip/scoop max then your auto miner pulls in an hour. 

This does not also include the glitch/exploit that allows someone to physically and actually use VR to teleport to the othe other pad.

We used to do the same equation with ground mining but hey now you can auto mine, run missions, mine asteroids, and scan tiles to keep dropping tiles and keeping the treadmill running.

14 minutes ago, Warlander said:

I assume you are new.

Hey did you bother to read the release notes yet? ?

• Restrict Aphelia mission to being not achievable using surrogate. You can't take an Aphelia mission nor retrieve/deliver an Aphelia mission during a surrogate session. No change for other mission types (player hauling mission and jobs).

Also HQ tiles aren't tax free.  just so you know.

36 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

Hey did you bother to read the release notes yet? ?

Also HQ tiles aren't tax free.  just so you know.

Ok just cat and mouse games. Now all you need to do is park on a mission ship with your alts to do the exact same thing since you are getting free ore per month, can side step the whole charge system in VR if you just go with the Charge Regen to pop the minigame 10 times every 35 hours and regardless you get 5 base charges anyhow, you can still VR to Scanners, VR to Asteroid Mining ships, and do the exact same thing you just need to park on the mission ship and VR to wherever you want. Bravo. It solved nothing.

Even if it still costs 1mil to drop or has a smaller tax rate than the other tiles with 150k per day its pretty much free and if not its wasted time making HQTUs since they pitched it as a tax haven for builders. You could just build tax haven space stations instead.

I kind of like the attempt to tie mission rewards to the economics of the game here, and 'more missions run reduces the reward' combined with 'more taxes paid increases the reward' sounds good if you say it quickly.

But sadly I think this specific idea would punish exactly the wrong people.  The problem?  The more accounts you use, the more efficient mission running gets and the more money you make for a smaller IRL effort.  So therefore the more accounts you use the smaller the profit permission you would consider acceptable.  In the above scenario the macro mission runners with 60+ accounts will be able to cause the mission reward to drop considerably but they will also be the last people to stop running them when the reward drops.  So in the end the only people running missions would be the ones doing a lot of them.

What's really needed, IMO, is a way to disproportionately reward the smaller mission runners by linking mission rewards more closely to the active part of the mission (where you actually turn it in).  Perhaps make it so that in order to turn a mission in you have to walk to a specific spot in the structure, stand there and wait for 5 minutes while the mission completes (without logging out).  If they want to be really mean, make it a minigame! 

For a single runner who did a 5 hour trip or for an org who is bulk moving for their members this will be inconvenient but not the end of the world.  But for the macro-runners who are breaking the economy it would be massively time consuming to sit there for that length of time checking in a mission even if they could do 4 at one time.

24 minutes ago, Zeddrick said:

I kind of like the attempt to tie mission rewards to the economics of the game here, and 'more missions run reduces the reward' combined with 'more taxes paid increases the reward' sounds good if you say it quickly.

But sadly I think this specific idea would punish exactly the wrong people.  The problem?  The more accounts you use, the more efficient mission running gets and the more money you make for a smaller IRL effort.  So therefore the more accounts you use the smaller the profit permission you would consider acceptable.  In the above scenario the macro mission runners with 60+ accounts will be able to cause the mission reward to drop considerably but they will also be the last people to stop running them when the reward drops.  So in the end the only people running missions would be the ones doing a lot of them.

What's really needed, IMO, is a way to disproportionately reward the smaller mission runners by linking mission rewards more closely to the active part of the mission (where you actually turn it in).  Perhaps make it so that in order to turn a mission in you have to walk to a specific spot in the structure, stand there and wait for 5 minutes while the mission completes (without logging out).  If they want to be really mean, make it a minigame! 

For a single runner who did a 5 hour trip or for an org who is bulk moving for their members this will be inconvenient but not the end of the world.  But for the macro-runners who are breaking the economy it would be massively time consuming to sit there for that length of time checking in a mission even if they could do 4 at one time.

NQ has now made it so that you cant pick up or drop of in VR so those expoiting the VR Loophole is over in that sense.

Which makes it so that you can do all the exact thing parking alts on mission ships and do the exact same thing and VR in the reverse to do MU calibrations, scans, and asteroid mining ships if you have 1 pilot hunting roids.

It just requires:

• VR taxes by Distance
  • VR and all actions using Calibration Charges as Action charges since you are calibrating the VR stations, Calibrating Scanners, Calibrating MUs, etc.
  • Diminishing Returns for those constantly Running Missions, Scanners, MUs, etc the more you use it with more efficiency drops.

So for those actually running missions legitly to pay taxes who arent constantly running missions they get bigger cuts then those doing 2 trips a day all week if the diminishing returns are based on the weekly tax cycle.

They could also slowly raise the weight of packages you recieve the more missions you run to also burn off more costs for running the missions if your ship was perfectly tuned for the old mission system and is not build for escalting weight each mission you run and the escalating expenses in space gas.

6 minutes ago, Warlander said:

NQ has now made it so that you cant pick up or drop of in VR so those expoiting the VR Loophole is over in that sense.

Which makes it so that you can do all the exact thing parking alts on mission ships and do the exact same thing and VR in the reverse to do MU calibrations, scans, and asteroid mining ships if you have 1 pilot hunting roids.

It just requires:

• VR taxes by Distance
  • VR and all actions using Calibration Charges as Action charges since you are calibrating the VR stations, Calibrating Scanners, Calibrating MUs, etc.
  • Diminishing Returns for those constantly Running Missions, Scanners, MUs, etc the more you use it with more efficiency drops.

So for those actually running missions legitly to pay taxes who arent constantly running missions they get bigger cuts then those doing 2 trips a day all week if the diminishing returns are based on the weekly tax cycle.

They could also slowly raise the weight of packages you recieve the more missions you run to also burn off more costs for running the missions if your ship was perfectly tuned for the old mission system and is not build for escalting weight each mission you run and the escalating expenses in space gas.

Imagine trying to handicap the ONLY money generation in the game because "wahhhhhhh wahhhhhhh boo hoooooo"

This change will effectively bleed players and kill the game.

1 minute ago, Snipey said:

Imagine trying to handicap the ONLY money generation in the game because "wahhhhhhh wahhhhhhh boo hoooooo"

This change will effectively bleed players and kill the game.

Maybe but you can tweak the whole system to account for it.

With infinitely finite ore being generated and infinite Quanta from missions those both need addional sinks and plugs to make viable.

They could easily make T1 ore 1000L per hour, T2 500L per hour, T3 250L per hour, T4 125 per hour, and T5 75 per hour across the board to make up for the ore coming in with using the efficiency system MUs use on all elements you use or constantly use. Either way it needs to be address all the infinite ore coming in with ore, scap, parts to take it out via sinks to keep the economy running rather than flooding the market with ore to cover the taxes for property if nobody needs the ore and you cant sell anything in the first place without ore, scap, parts leaving the system via destructible elements and efficiency drops via damage ofer time by efficiency drops in line with the finite ore coming into the game with more than enough left over to progress, make voxels to build a base, build an industry, and want to enguage in PvP and lose 100s of millions going out of the game.

Honestly if I was NQ I would have just made MUs just use and RNG based system that just generated a random node with a random KL amount it would mine for this specifically generated ore and the size being the L/H without the mini game or whatever that just kept generating nodes virtually to mine to be more in line with the lotto scratch offs they had with regular nodes. These RNG nodes could be litterally any tier or any type of ore the MU discovers but depending on the amount of MUs you have working on it would be how fast you could crush nodes or taking longer since you could mine T5 nodes with T5 skills even it it took 25% longer and you got 25% less.

Sure you have a tax treadmill but if those taxes being levied are part of the total available pool it accounts for all possible surplisses and ecesses if it has it built into the system with the option to adjust excesses to inject remove Quanta until an acceptable amount can be balanced while tweaks are made.

Eventually if this game is going to go live they need to close all the loopholes, exploits, and side stepping their systems meant to do the same thing but making things worse.

Now, if you want quanta with mission, you need to subscribe many alt account and let them disconnect on you mission ship instead of VR

Removing VR mission is not a big change for multi account player, but it's a huge loss for real player that will spend more time for the same result.
Now we need to warp, take the mission, and once the transport done, warp to destination and retrive mission
I realy don't see the goal of that idea.
It's also complety remove the hauler gameplay, I was use to to mission for may other player and of curse be payed for that

So this year NQ remove :
Hauler gameplay

Combat Engineer gameplay
Multi-crew PVP ship gameplay
etc...

11 minutes ago, Aranol said:

Now, if you want quanta with mission, you need to subscribe many alt account and let them disconnect on you mission ship instead of VR

Removing VR mission is not a big change for multi account player, but it's a huge loss for real player that will spend more time for the same result.
Now we need to warp, take the mission, and once the transport done, warp to destination and retrive mission
I realy don't see the goal of that idea.
It's also complety remove the hauler gameplay, I was use to to mission for may other player and of curse be payed for that

So this year NQ remove :
Hauler gameplay

Combat Engineer gameplay
Multi-crew PVP ship gameplay
etc...

You cant warp on missions even if you wanted to and if you could @37k per cell you would spend more than you made at those rates which will go up with the 1/4th+ drop in production vs traditional mining. As far as hauling ore with MUs spread out over all planets yeah youll need to haul it and warp unless you cant afford it to slowboat and get pink slipped since its 37K now its going to be 2-3x that post demeter.

You just need to board a mission ship physically and you can still do whatever you want with VR. It changes nothing but stacking physical bodies on a ship.

It wouldnt be so bad if we had the full range of XL parts with military, freight, and maneuvering tags.

7 hours ago, Warlander said:

It just requires:

• VR taxes by Distance

IMO the VR thing just broke missions more.

For 'casual' mission runners you can't have a mission running while you play the game on the other screen any more because you won't be able to turn them in very easily any more.  But for the people running with an army of alts, those people will just put all the alts on the mission ship and keep going.  It's true that they can't easily run multiple parallel loops any more.  So instead of 1 billion per day they can 'only' make 250 million per day now.  But that's still a game breaking amount and the VR changes mean that aggressive multiboxers are probably going to be the only people running missions, which is probably the exact opposite of what they wanted.

Oh well.