Make hidable versions of each element.

Vhaeyne

Its getting old. Seeing abominations every time I go into town. I thought it would get better back when the game came out. I thought people would come up with common designs and ways to build ships without just shoving stacks of wings and other elements all over the place. Zero honeycomb builds. Personally, I think it's a disgrace, voxel games.

We have at our hands to tools to make some of the most elaborate ships of any game via voxelmancy and people can't be bothered to put a single voxel on their ship.

Personally, I don't think it's because people want to min/max as much as they feel defeated by an oppressive build system. At every turn, we have to fight with the elements to make something that looks good. People go to make a cool ship, and they end up having to cover it in crap elements just to make it work. Voxelmancy is too hard and esoteric. So, people just say screw it and build without voxels at all.

I have been tempted many times myself to do this, but pride has always prevented me from doing it.

The solution, let us hide the elements with voxels or make hidable versions of each voxel. 

The vision of having elements on the outside of the ship is not working. At least not for me. 

People come to this game expecting to build, fly and see cool ships, and they are met with an oppressive system that restricts creativity too much and eye sores.

The game is bleeding players with each update. People are rightfully mad about the brakes "fix". I am certain that will be the final straw for some players.

Why not turn all of this oppression around by giving us the freedom to build cool ships? 

Building and flying cool ships, what the whole reason I backed this game. Otherwise, I could have just played EVE, Elite, or Star Citizen.