No surface ore respawn.

apollo0510

Last weekend I filed a bug report about surface ore respawn :

Ninator

Nov 21, 2021, 13:23 UTC

With the upcoming demeter patch, the presence of surface ore becomes important again. It is absolutely necessary that surface ore respawn is functional. At the moment, there is NO surface ore respawn on planets like Thades. This is a serious bug. Do NOT release demeter with a defective surface ore respawn mechanism !
I reported this bug several times now, and I got ignored again and again. Obviously somebody did not consider this to be important. Do not ignore this again ! It needs to be fixed !
Thank you.

The surprising reply to this was :

NQ-Cosmos (Novaquark)

Nov 22, 2021, 9:18 UTC

Hello Ninator,

Thank you for contacting us. I will be glad to clear out the misunderstanding!
The ore shouldn't respawn in the first place, and this is intended.
Please let me know if you have another question!

Best regards,
NQ-Cosmos

What do you think about this ?

it is as NQ-Cosmos said, except for Sanctuary it was never planned that surface ore can respawn, and honestly, i'd love it if they'd just removed it completely from planets, it looks ugly in most biomes and nearly no one mines it (at least no one i know).

I find it pretty dumb tbh.

if the max l/h is 300 it only takes 15 surface rocks harvested to outpace the auto miners and the big problem I have with rock harvesting is NQ never bothered to tie "Harvesting" to "Mining/Dredging Talents" for the speed bonuses and bonus ore even though I have 30mil in the mining tree the surface rocks will never get better than 20 and take longer for the T2 surface rocks. On top of it they didnt think to add random spawns of slightly bigger rocks except for the miner mini games which the surface rock spawn needed not the game.

But they have only recently taken the trouble to rework these surface rocks and make them glow in the dark.

n the next update, we’ve added ore sizes to diversify your mining experience! They’ll also come with a fresh new glow effect to improve the look and feel of ores in #DualUniverse Demeter.

Screenshot (4039).png

Screenshot (4040).png

Its a start but it still does not use the exp you have in the mining talent tree or add a harvesting talent tree to gain more ore or to speed up the harvesting process in general. It is good to see they finally decided to add to the variety and add the glow that the dig tool has you can use to find surface mines or ore in general.

Its sad that surface rock harvesting is still 5+ times faster than the autominers. You can harvest 15 basic surface rocks in like 10-15 minuites easy depending on where you put your base which also relies on what sort of spawning and propigation surface rocks has.

I also hope that they add in surface rocks for all the various ores either available on the planet or across the board.

Ok. let's try again to explain why I reported this as a bug:

- we will assume for simplicity that there is a complete wipe, and all players start at sanct.

- so some make it to alioth with the ingame shuttle and want to start to explore the "universe"

- space tech requires T2 ore

- space fuel requires T2 ore

- Tier 2 mining units require T2 ore to be built.

And there we have a problem. Because the pts scans showed quite clearly, that T2 ore is very rare on the the inner planets.

But you don't have T2 mining units yet. One needs to fly to space to find T2 somewhere else.

And all this with those 3 NON RESPAWNING 20 liter rocks that lay on the earth ???

Who is doing game design at NQ ? 

How can NQ-Cosmos tell me, it was never intended to have a respawn for surface rock ?

It was never intended to eliminate the normal mining gameplay. 

But that has changed.

So surface ore respawn has to change.

I am reporting this as a bug, because it is a serious bug in gameplay design.

And a support guy giving me this answer is ...... 

Are you sure they understood it as surface rocks and not surface ore? They're 2 different things. Just wait until after Demeter is released and then check the final numbers on T2 ore. And from the video they were aware of the chicken/egg thing and plan on fixing that.

17 hours ago, Khyriss said:

The auto miners will spout surface rocks around the auto miner for you to mine each time you recalibrate it. 

Ok, I demand that people who comment ,understood the argument. Good luck with your Bauxite or whatever T1 rocks to create some space fuel. Did you find T2 yet ? Then we can start a real debate.