Ability to deconstruct construct to linked container tool or option

CoyoteNZ

Often when either trying to move, or just brake down a construct you run into the problem where we can't easily find all the parts.

Normally it is a few hidden voxels which are so small you can't see them, maybe they are under the ground.

Often the only way to do it is to get a GM to assist.

Other times you just want to move one of your buildings, so you take a blueprint and then have to take ages stopping every industry, removing their schematics and then removing the machines one by one.

What would be nice would be either a tool, or a right click option on the core which when selected would take a blueprint of the construct, then completely deconstruct it and place all the elements, honeycomb, schematics, container contents etc into your linked container; or tell you it can't due to not enough size. 

- If you don't have rights to take a blueprint it would warn you that there will not be a blue print to check if you wish to procees.

- If you don't have the rights to deconstruct the construct normally, or any single part of the construct it would naturally not work and tell you of lack of permissions.

This would be of great assistance to use players, and also reduce a common request which is placed on the GMs as shown in the attached image

image.png.5e67ab8da085760b65546ff12f00ff92.png

5 hours ago, CoyoteNZ said:

Often when either trying to move, or just brake down a construct you run into the problem where we can't easily find all the parts.

Normally it is a few hidden voxels which are so small you can't see them, maybe they are under the ground.

Often the only way to do it is to get a GM to assist.

I have found that by using the voxel tool + alt and dividing the build cube into 8 sections from the core as the origin vertex, it is only 4 quarters of the base section to pickup all of the whole and part voxels so that the core is empty and can be removed.

On 11/20/2021 at 5:00 AM, Celestis said:

I have found that by using the voxel tool + alt and dividing the build cube into 8 sections from the core as the origin vertex, it is only 4 quarters of the base section to pickup all of the whole and part voxels so that the core is empty and can be removed.

Doesn't work quite that way on a large static core. I got one right now that prolly has a partial voxel somewhere. I cannot find it and I cannot pick it up - drm doesn't let me get a voxel list either :)

8 hours ago, Merzie said:

Doesn't work quite that way on a large static core. I got one right now that prolly has a partial voxel somewhere. I cannot find it and I cannot pick it up - drm doesn't let me get a voxel list either :)

Ah, yes, you might need to keep moving the core to start from or put in some deliberate voxel sheets to use as a start for a delete section. I have found that I can usually find and remove even tiny fragments of voxels that way. Usually they are fragments of voxels hidden underground where I've not been suffiently careful with a line or sheet of voxels created vertically downwards and I can remember how I built things so I have an idea where voxels might be. Sometimes putting in a large block of voxels will pick up the hidden voxels, just make sure you're using a differnt material so that you get the notification of the picked-up voxels.

Although, right now there is a really easy way, since Demeter is about to put all the earth back, you can just dig out the ground until you find the troublesome voxels. The flatten tool is great for this because you can be really systematic. I've done this with most of my deconstructs recently... can't wait for Demeter to repair the damage ?