Extension of the list of reasons for account termination (survey)

Zarcata

When I cancelled my account and did not renew the annual pass, I noticed in the subsequent survey that various (important?) points were missing as a selection.

- I liked the game, but it is developing in an unfavourable direction for me.

Screenshot (4033).png

Screenshot (4032).png

Screenshot (4031).png

39 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

The fact they put "rumors of wipe" in there is hillarious

Lol its no rumor they put in so much mechanics they let get exploited for so long there is logically no way around it before launch. In their vids they are still spinning their wheels in meetings (last Vlog) discussing it and they know it must be done.

True.. It's why I absolutely expect there will be a wipe, mostlikely with talentpoints and normal blueprints returned (currency, schematics and scans will be lost), but NQ will not say it out loud in fear of losing the few active players they have left and I do understand that.

As I expect that what NQ will eventually "release" is what really is the game in Beta state, a wipe at that time, or shortly before, just makes sense and will cleear all the old pain as well as open up the game for new players much more. Existing players wil have a massive advantage in having their talent points back in the ppol so they can instantly respec and blueprints are good to go.

I would not really mind to see blueprints from before a wipe be deployable with just the required ore for it available. Otherwise you get the "I need my industry to get my elements to deploy my industry".. It also works around the problem where magic blueprints just restore the elements gained from exploits. you'll need the ore to get those elements back so effectively your exploit gains become a liability and possiblye very expensive..

Way back I actually suggested that deploying blueprints should require a core to be placed and the blueprints plus materials/elements needed added to the core, press a button and the core will build the construct. SImple solution, much cleaner IMO that then "this is only a placeholder" box we still have ever since the very first time blueprints were introduced years ago.

2 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

True.. It's why I absolutely expect there will be a wipe, mostlikely with talentpoints and normal blueprints returned (currency, schematics and scans will be lost), but NQ will not say it out loud in fear of losing the few active players they have left and I do understand that.

As I expect that what NQ will eventually "release" is what really is the game in Beta state, a wipe at that time, or shortly before, just makes sense and will cleear all the old pain as well as open up the game for new players much more. Existing players wil have a massive advantage in having their talent points back in the ppol so they can instantly respec and blueprints are good to go.

I would not really mind to see blueprints from before a wipe be deployable with just the required ore for it available. Otherwise you get the "I need my industry to get my elements to deploy my industry".. It also works around the problem where magic blueprints just restore the elements gained from exploits. you'll need the ore to get those elements back so effectively your exploit gains become a liability and possiblye very expensive..

Way back I actually suggested that deploying blueprints should require a core to be placed and the blueprints plus materials/elements needed added to the core, press a button and the core will build the construct. SImple solution, much cleaner IMO that then "this is only a placeholder" box we still have ever since the very first time blueprints were introduced years ago.

If there will be wipe then it must be complete.

We cannot cherry pick what suits our interests.

2 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

I wouldnt mind if NQ let everyone keep an XS static core and let people fill it up with whatever they want to metagame it since you can fit like 10L containers and a bunch of other smaller boxes so its not really that much stuff you can transfer through the wipe in addition to live and since people would have to pay subs on all their beta keys it would benefit NQ if they gave out a single golden XS core that turns into the gold blueprint you can place. Hell I wouldnt be against them selling them for like $5-10+ so if people dont want to lose what they earned they have to pay for it. Or offering bigger cores with L golden cores being $100 a piece.

So you get one for free and if you need more there are options to soften the blow. Sounds pretty win/win

If there is to be a wipe, then it must be a real complete wipe. One should not only concentrate on what brings one personal advantages.

So, quanta gone, skill points gone, constructs gone, in short: everything.

What you could do: Grant magic blueprints, which however do NOT contain materials, but are only plans that you then have to gather again. That way, everyone really starts with nothing.

So now the question: do people really want such a "fair" wipe?

2 hours ago, kulkija said:

If there will be wipe then it must be complete.

NQ does not have the option to wipe completely like they did prior to "beta". That simply can't be done once you release a game in earl access and charge people money to play.

They can (and yes, I believe will)  wipe with blueprints (in any case) and accrued talent points returned to pool. All the "we are discussing this, we have heated internal debate, blah blah blah" is just a smoke screen as they know they will wipe and at what point on their internal roadmap towards release. For obvious reasons they would never say that in public though.

On 11/20/2021 at 11:25 AM, Zarcata said:

If there is to be a wipe, then it must be a real complete wipe.

No. It would take too long to get the resources and skills to recreate what I have even with blueprints - I would just keep screenshots (as I have for Landmark) and move on.

The only full "wipe" I would support on release would be all the dynamic constructs parked on Aphelia owned territories.

1 hour ago, JayleBreak said:

The only full "wipe" I would support on release would be all the dynamic constructs parked on Aphelia owned territories.

This, for any new player coming into this game the sheer volume of abandoned constructs would be massively negative.   Yes these have been left by players but not enough is done to address the issue.  Virtually every market is a graveyard of dynamic constructs and is frankly disgraceful.

The fact that a wipe is still under discussion on the part of NQ is a big problem for active and new players.

Active players play in the expectation that the game itself has already "started", because in this universe you should keep everything that you have created and earned since the start of the beta. At the same time, these created values were intended as content for the new players. This means that we beta players build the game for the new players.

Problem: It doesn't work.

When a new player comes into the game, all the content has already been completed by the old players. Everything that needs to be discovered or explored is already there. Whether warp drives, exotic weapons, skills for everything and lots of products/elements and massive amounts of ore. The best tiles have already been allocated and the PvP zone with the asteroids divided among the PvPers.

So what content is left for new players in the game? You don't need an industry, because other players have already built everything dozens of times and with all the skills. The metaships are already available in many designs and the suppliers undercut each other in price until one even sells below the ore value.

No matter whether pilot, radar, miner for asteroids, no matter where....man is months behind without skills. even Quanta is a problem, as a beginner you are happy about the first million to pay your taxes, while the old ones sometimes sit on billions.

We active players haven't created a proper society or content that would really be worth players enjoying and actively using.....(except for a handful of exceptions like race tracks etc as just for fun).

Now the question is whether there will be new players at the release or whether those who would be interested in a game like DualUniverse are already here or have been here.

Whether with or without a wipe, players will always be treated unfairly. No matter if it's a full wipe or only parts or none at all.

The game has to offer content, especially long term improvement that is still fun after 100 times and not a compulsory event and monotonous logging in and working through...

11 hours ago, Underhook said:

If the game were correctly labelled as being Alpha then they could do a complete wipe.

I think they should do a complete wipe when the time comes.  The knowledge we have is a huge advantage over new players anyway.

This is true but a complete wipe is really not needed and just labelling the game Alpha by itself woudl not be enough. They would need to stop charging subs and allow existing players to rewtain access while returning to Alpha but not charge them.

Provided the progress for the game itself is the priority, NQ currently really needs testers and people willing to get together and hammer on certain functions to find flaws and bugs more than a playerbase. If the priority is to generat erevenue, they need subs.. 

6 hours ago, Zarcata said:

So what content is left for new players in the game? You don't need an industry, because other players have already built everything dozens of times and with all the skills. The metaships are already available in many designs and the suppliers undercut each other in price until one even sells below the ore value.

I think that is the biggest issue with the economy, nothing ever gets destroyed except for in PVP. Anything on static cores just accumulates. I wouldn't mind if functional elements like industry units had a lifespan, and crashing ships reduces element lives.

5 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

This is true but a complete wipe is really not needed and just labelling the game Alpha by itself woudl not be enough. They would need to stop charging subs and allow existing players to rewtain access while returning to Alpha but not charge them.

Provided the progress for the game itself is the priority, NQ currently really needs testers and people willing to get together and hammer on certain functions to find flaws and bugs more than a playerbase. If the priority is to generat erevenue, they need subs.. 

Well, they are in a lot of trouble then