This is how it works NQ..

Novean-32184

From another game's devblog

"First of all, we made a mistake with the roadmap where dates were way to optimistic which set the wrong expectations with the players" ..

"this is not an excuse, we should have known better but this is how it happened"

then provide a clear explanation on how you made the mistake and how you rectify it.

Now, that is how you take ownership of what you do/did wrong.. No talking around the issue here..

28 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

I guess i would rather they spend time communicating with us, before things go wrong.

What does this accomplish?  Other then stroking little egos

Yeah I wish they would pump the brakes and hit pause and take a common sense approach to things and ackknowledge things arent going so great and actually hold some kind of galactic roundtable and have a convo and be real for once.

8 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

"First of all, we made a mistake with the roadmap where dates were way to optimistic which set the wrong expectations with the players" ..

"this is not an excuse, we should have known better but this is how it happened"

then provide a clear explanation on how you made the mistake and how you rectify it.

Now, that is how you take ownership of what you do/did wrong.. No talking around the issue here..

Is this about the scans being now useless because they actually listened to the player base?

Personally I like that they listened for once. Yes it did cause players some inconvenience but them ignoring us has caused a lot more in the past.

2 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

Is this about the scans being now useless because they actually listened to the player base?

Personally I like that they listened for once. Yes it did cause players some inconvenience but them ignoring us has caused a lot more in the past.

Lol and the peanut gallery said we couldnt affect change.

5 hours ago, FryingDoom said:

No, I agree that the scans removal was the right decision to make for a number of reasons. I've said that several times now.

On 11/18/2021 at 9:13 PM, Jake Arver said:

It damands responsable leader (who actualy interested in product long-term). JC was never trully interested in making actual game he kinda promised. Only in himself. He eaten up budget like parasite to stroke his ego about how he super-scientist making some super-innovative cutting edge bs-metaverse, with very little actual connection with development on ground (that stuggled for years, and he knew it -- "no red flags").

So he enjoyed until he can (and his lies become apparent), and run off to continue his bs talks of presudoscientific shows about metaverses crap (I bet we see him many more times in this kinda of swamps in future).

In short, JC just fooled everyone wasting other people money and time to fuel his narsicisstic passions. And people left how with his stinking mess, well kinda... not that much they can do. They pretty much sad clean up team.

It may sound harsh, but this how i see realistic overview of responsability question.

On 11/18/2021 at 8:13 AM, Jake Arver said:

I might get banned for saying this, but when I pointed out this exact idea...that apologies work better than pointing the finger back at players....I was sent a DM by NQ basically scolding me for "telling them how to do their job", and explaining how "there's no way to avoid hurting the egos of people who have a high opinion of themselves". Yikes. 

And how they think their job is to inform their customers that "their attitude isn't helping" and combat the "recent trend" of players bashing devs. And reminding me that such behavior of "bashing" the devs is actually ban-worthy, as if anyone cares.

To be fair, some things said to the devs are 100% unforgivable, but the feedback prompting this reply wasn't anything like that. 

I wish I could just paste the whole reply because it was so....extremely bad...but then the whole point of DMing a reply like that is to prevent it from being public....which by itself says a lot about their PR/customer service philosophy. 

NQ's issues aren't just technical or design. Their issues are a culture of arrogance and ego and completely detaching themselves from their customers because they don't think we are being fair. This isn't something that can be fixed. 

Nobody has ever said that game dev is easy, and we all have said that DU is an (overly) ambitious project...but NQ needs to grow up as a company. 

I trust AAA studios and even cash grab P2W studios more than unproven Indie Studios until they can prove they know what they are doing.

The thing is that if you as an Indie studio dont communicate with your players or enguage in agile development as a mindset than some sort of attitude that their pride and arrogance somehow is a qualifier to do whatever they want when we are their lifeblood is a falicy and continueing to do so is a death sentance for indie studios.

They constantly say they think long and hard about things but have no understanding of the pitfalls they are falling into like this isnt the 100th time this stuff was attempted in various ways over the years. Whatever they were trying to emulate isnt going to work antil they man up and accept that they dont know everything and ask for help they just keep wasting time, money, and effort constantly redeveloping broken systems they didnt understand when they developed and isntituted them, why they were broken in the first place, how people would exploit them to the max, and redeveloping even more limited or broken systems and never getting anywhere.

The fact that they are public figures means they are subject to public scrutiny over their decisions. Games are the most brutal in that regard and it takes a thick skin to even attempt making a game and it is a cruel mistress in that regard especially since we as gamers dont care or give a shit we just want to play a game and have fun. We arent the devs friends and as I always say its not personal its just business. As a producer of entertainment you expect entertainment not whatever this has become.

8 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Spoken like a true beta subscriber.

Backers and founders and alpha testers cared. For a very long time, through all sorts of crazy shit. But one by one, most of them ended up on @kulkija's Halloween pic.

It's not like NQ simply failed to live up to the whimsical demands of a ruthless mob. Certainly that too. But they failed far more profoundly. And not just once, but over and over again.

I'd feel sorry for NQ if it were just a matter of gamers being brutal. But no I don't feel sorry for NQ.

dux.JPG

And you think 99% of the rest of the people that come in now or at launch will care?

NQ can hate our speech and call it speech they hate but when their ears and minds are closed they cant hear it anyways.

2 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

And you think you're saying anything new that hasn't already been said for 4 years straight?

Prolly not but im not going to shut up about it.

Its a good thing Demeter is coming out since it will make people care more about the game and the cash increase for subs. Instead of taking advantage of the "DU Curious" and more amout the "DU Furious" that play games and steer potential prospective players away. Whenever they decide to make a game people might even play it.