Bug - Forum accounts do not require (active) DU subscription

Novean-61657

Only allow forum accounts for active accounts?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Only allow forum accounts for active accounts?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

I just tested it, but I can make a forum account without any (active) subscription. How do we know if all that 'feedback' is from actual (active) players instead of a bunch of trolls?

The same goes of course for Discord...

100% agree there should only be players that are actively playing providing feedback.  These forums are negative enough without old players coming in now and again to have a poke at the development team.

The forums are not tied to an active account in game and there is no reason for that to be the case.

Same goes for Discord, both are public forums and NQ views them as a major channel for PR and marketing so that will not ever change.

The notion that only active players would be entitled to leave feedback is silly.. this place would be dead overnight.

2 hours ago, Cergorach said:

I just tested it, but I can make a forum account without any (active) subscription. How do we know if all that 'feedback' is from actual (active) players instead of a bunch of trolls?

The same goes of course for Discord...

So what?

Whats wrong with new players coming here, signing up for the forums, and asking questions?

Whats wrong with old players coming back and asking questions?

Or is it you dont like people's speech and your desperate to silence them?

lol. 

NQ can't even make their own billing platform using a product like Stripe (which has much lower fees than Xsolla)....what makes you think they have the time, energy, or will to implement something like this? 

And why would it matter? They really don't read feedback anyway. It makes no difference where the feedback is coming from when it all goes to the same place. 

7 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

The notion that only active players would be entitled to leave feedback is silly.. this place would be dead overnight.

Because the 'feedback' that's being given is not made by the people who actually play the game. I'm seeing accounts on here, where I suspect that they never played and are only here to troll. Others I suspect of using multiple forum accounts to push their own agenda by constantly 'discussing' things among themselves...

2 hours ago, Cergorach said:

Because the 'feedback' that's being given is not made by the people who actually play the game. I'm seeing accounts on here, where I suspect that they never played and are only here to troll. Others I suspect of using multiple forum accounts to push their own agenda by constantly 'discussing' things among themselves...

So your paranoid about what now?

Its not like much if anything here changes in 6mo to a year so even if someone does not play now their feedback is still relevant to the day they quit and their feedback still needed since all the issues are the same. 

Your going about it all wrong anyhow when it should be about hours played in your credentials in posts to see how much actual invluence you have as a player.

1 hour ago, Cergorach said:

I could proof my point by creating an account or hundred vote in this poll and get a 91% yes vote...

Go for it and waste the energy. If you think you need to be your own hypeman or call a vote knock yourself out. There are a lot more pressing issue around here than worrying about randos on the forums. If thats your main beef with the game do you actually play the game or are you worried about your alter ego joining the forums or something like in the movie split/glass? Should we be worried about the beast?

Thats some buttery shit bro.

On 11/17/2021 at 3:58 PM, blundertwink said:

NQ can't even make their own billing platform using a product like Stripe (which has much lower fees than Xsolla)....what makes you think they have the time, energy, or will to implement something like this? 

For business Stripe is not exactly cheap. And XSolla was not a choice for NQ, it was a condition from investors early on as they have a stake in XSolla.

12 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

For business Stripe is not exactly cheap. And XSolla was not a choice for NQ, it was a condition from investors early on as they have a stake in XSolla.

Stripe is very expensive, but still far cheaper than Xsolla (5% for Xsolla vs 2.9% for Stripe) 

I keep hearing that using Xsolla was some condition by investor, but have never seen any evidence.

Based on what I know about NQ, I'm not convinced that this was the case -- and would believe they just didn't want to spend time on it.