Demeter coming tomorrow?

Novean-32184

Keep an eye out for an announcement of extended maintenance for tomorrow. If it comes later today. I'd say it is likely NQ will roll out Demeter tomorrow..

I would not be surprised if they do..

28 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

Keep an eye out for an announcement of extended maintenance for tomorrow. If it comes later today. I'd say it is likely NQ will roll out Demeter tomorrow..

I would not be surprised if they do..

Are there any reasons for this? Or why do you think so and not be surprised?

Last I picked up on Discord, as I very briefly peeked in there and quickly closed that door again (brrr.. i really do not like DUscord much), was the plan is actually for next Tuesday. Personally I'd really like to see NQ postpone and get the HQ tiles in first as well as balance them so that orgs can't take advantage of their member's HQ tiles.

Still, it feels like some sense of reason and care to not mess it up has entered the building at NQ and I hope it takes hold. We'll see..

8 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

Last I picked up on Discord, as I very briefly peeked in there and quickly closed that door again (brrr.. i really do not like DUscord much), was the plan is actually for next Tuesday. Personally I'd really like to see NQ postpone and get the HQ tiles in first as well as balance them so that orgs can't take advantage of their member's HQ tiles.

Still, it feels like some sense of reason and care to not mess it up has entered the building at NQ and I hope it takes hold. We'll see..

Yeah I hear that.

For me Im not totally against taxes I just dont think they are applying it right when Taxes should be by planets/moons since not all of them are created equal and the tax you should be should reflect what is on the planet/moon and also by what ores are on the tiles themselves. Its not rocket science.

The HQ tiles just seemed like an olive branch more than anything like yeah have 5 tax free tiles and, and then what?Can we tag existing tiles our bases already exist on without putting down some kind of special TU? Can we mine on it? Can we run an industry out of it? Im pretty everyone runs their industry out of their base(s) and would like to mine out of them or that if a voxel builder wants to chill and build 150k a day hardly will buy voxels to do that if you have to spend all that on a tile to mine to pay for the miners to mine to get the ore to build if you cant just do all that on your HQ tiles.

19 hours ago, Dracostan said:

HQ tiles are still taxed and will need paying to have industry and MU's running - it just means any tile designated as an HQ will not go abandoned if you don't pay your taxes.

How do you designate a tile as HQ? I wonder if it defaults to the claimed tile that is the oldest or do we need to resub for 3 months to log in for 5 min and pick one?

1 hour ago, RumRunner25 said:

How do you designate a tile as HQ? I wonder if it defaults to the claimed tile that is the oldest or do we need to resub for 3 months to log in for 5 min and pick one?

The DevBlog says "Each player will be able to assign five territories as their headquarters." That sounds like you need to do that. In long term you will most probably need to resub anyway: "We will monitor how this develops; in the future, these territories may be subject to the loss of their headquarters state if the account in question is unsubscribed; however this will not be the case in Demeter."

On 11/19/2021 at 2:28 PM, RumRunner25 said:

The blog said HQ declaration will be from the 'Territory Management' interface - but we haven't seen or been told where that interface will be yet. (Speculation, this could be the Territory Tax window in the Wallet)

On 11/19/2021 at 4:03 PM, Maxim Kammerer said:

The DevBlog says "Each player will be able to assign five territories as their headquarters." That sounds like you need to do that. In long term you will most probably need to resub anyway: "We will monitor how this develops; in the future, these territories may be subject to the loss of their headquarters state if the account in question is unsubscribed; however this will not be the case in Demeter."

Since NQ has always been very clear that only your Sanctuary tile would be completely safe from hte moment they introduced Sanctuar, losing HQ status on a tile when you are not subscribed is fair enough.

While there is always exceptions, you can always take precautions if you know you will not be active for a while. There just is no argument to be made in that regard and no, "what if I get deployed for 6 months and can't play" is not an argument here, just like you do not go on a vacation and not ask a neighbor to look after your cat.

3 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

There just is no argument to be made in that regard and no, "what if I get deployed for 6 months and can't play" is not an argument here, just like you do not go on a vacation and not ask a neighbor to look after your cat.

I may not understand what you are saying here but there are those who were deployed well AFTER demeter was announced so in this case, some find themselves on vacation and cant call any neighbors about the cat.

My point here really relates to the relevant mechanics being live.

To your point of how this relates to the now, where many left the game and may or may not eventually come back to find their stuff gone. Well, that is _their_ choice, whatever their motivation to do so. I do not currently play, nor do I have any plans to return to the game "full time". I will however go back in and set up using the provided new options to secure my locations. If you unsubbed, you really forfeit any claim to your stuff or claims outside of Sanctuary. If NQ has been _very_ clear about one thing, it would be that except for your one Sanctuary tile _anything_ is up for grabs and subject to change.s whioch may mean loss of "stuff".

From that, if you decide to or must leave for a prolonged/indefinite period of time, leaving stuff outside of sanctuary is your choice and you should be prepared and accept you may find this stuff gone if/when you return.

6 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

If NQ has been _very_ clear about one thing, it would be that except for your one Sanctuary tile _anything_ is up for grabs and subject to change.s whioch may mean loss of "stuff".

NQ and beeing clear are two different things that doesn't fit together. This is what NQ wrote about the coming changes in the last Project Update:

Our roadmap for the remainder of 2021 is available here. In the coming months, we plan to roll out a big mining update (including automated mining units), new challenges and missions, abandoned construct salvaging, and lots of improvements to existing features that our community has requested. Dates and the order of things may shift, but we’re sticking as closely to the plan as possible.

They mentioned mining units, 'new challenges' (whatever that means), missions and abandoned construct salvaging. But the most important information is missing: taxes and the resulting consequences. Someting like that should have been placed on the top of the mail with red bold letters. Everybody in the mailing list would have been informed and could act accordingly. But NQ preferred to limit this information to the few players that still follow the forums.

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

This must be what they meant by "Territory management revamp" (see roadmap)...

Yes, but it is far from beeing clear. It is no replacement for a warning that we will lose our property if we don't log in and manage our territories after Demeter.

And that's not the only point where the communication faild in this regard. I'm not sure if HQ tiles have been planned from the beginning and NQ just forgot to mention them or if they came up with this idea after they realised how most players reacted to the announcement of taxes. In any case the way it has been communicated caused damage.

2 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

NQ and beeing clear are two different things that doesn't fit together.

Frankly, you are yanking what I said out of context to fit/argue your own narrative here. The context for my comment was relating to Sanctuary and yoru one tile ther being secure no matter what. That has not changed ever since it was first announced as such and I woudl not expect it to ever will. The concept of Sancuary is one of the few things NQ has been very cleear about and remain so.

Yes, they could have added a line "as promised, your sanctuary tile wil not be affected by these changes", but the fact you are basically calling for that just means that their communication in generally really is not great at best, as the Sancuary tile being secure should be a given and not a matter of doubt or raise questions.