Scan Wipe

Knownthief

2 minutes ago, Creator said:

Wipe em.. coming from a solo.

Wiping them and not wiping them would not affect you one bit.  Your only going to be grabbing the couple territories around your base anyways.  Not like your going to be trapsing to other to the other side the of the planet/planets everyday so you can restart your autominers at the right times. 

That megacorp that has 10,000 scans.  Even if they only spend 3.5 seconds looking at each scan. Its going to take them 10 hours before they finish looking at all their scans. Giving you plenty of time to look at the territories around your base. 

So when you say wipe them. Its not to make the game better. Its not to make it easier for yourself. Its to screw the other guy over. 

19 minutes ago, tomasco said:

You can calibrate via VR.

And if megacorp have 10k scans, it also have 10+ members to check them. 

Unless they changed it from the PTS, yes you can calibrate from VR but the calibration bonus talent won't be applied. That's 30% calibration (PTS max talents) not gained every time you calibrate. This will require you to recalibrate each mining unit 48h earlier than you would if you recalibrated it in person. This would require recalibration aprox every 112h instead of every 160h to keep it optimal. At 3.5h (pts max talents) per charge this means a character can "only" keep 32 mining units running instead of 45

1 hour ago, atldrab said:

This scan wipe will only benefit the largest orgs.  The smaller orgs will spend months rescanning and getting nothing done.  Unbelievable, everyone had time to get scans the past couple of weeks.

How? Becasue a large org has more poeple? 

Following the last VLOG, pre-Demeter scans really have no value anyway so wiping the scans is the right thing to do for once and as I understand it (I no longer visit Discord), NQ wanted to keep them, then changed their minds and I can only applaud them for it.

Next I hope they will decide to actually make up their minds on a game wipe overall and their policy on this. If they were to mak ethe right choice there too who knows, I may just come back in and start over with my blueprints as Talent point back in the pool.. I'd be absolutely fine with it and so wil many others.

3 hours ago, atldrab said:

This scan wipe will only benefit the largest orgs.  The smaller orgs will spend months rescanning and getting nothing done.  Unbelievable, everyone had time to get scans the past couple of weeks.

So we should punish people trying to build an empire? Get out of here and go play no mans sky if you are that concerned. Most large orgs are fine with this change and were very vocal about why they did not do it first and decided to back track.

People barely want to play the game in its current state. Punishing players because you cant make friends is not our problem.

4 hours ago, RugesV said:

Wiping them and not wiping them would not affect you one bit.  Your only going to be grabbing the couple territories around your base anyways.  Not like your going to be trapsing to other to the other side the of the planet/planets everyday so you can restart your autominers at the right times. 

That megacorp that has 10,000 scans.  Even if they only spend 3.5 seconds looking at each scan. Its going to take them 10 hours before they finish looking at all their scans. Giving you plenty of time to look at the territories around your base. 

So when you say wipe them. Its not to make the game better. Its not to make it easier for yourself. Its to screw the other guy over. 

Lol like you cant just add more miners to just negate the need to charge the losses on most tiles. Its not also like you cant just VR to the miners and just blow charges even if you only have T1 talents.

Its not also like you cant have 100 people link to the same box and go through 10k scans in a lot less time then you say since you only need one central container per planet/moon.

5 hours ago, RugesV said:

I'm a solo player with 17 territories scattered all over the system.  Only 1 is on Alioth.  I do indeed intend to move throughout the system picking up ore and doing recalibrations.  I dont really care either way about the scan issue.  Either way, the large orgs will get the lions share.  Which is the advantage of belonging to a large org, so fair enough.