DEVBLOG: MINING UNITS 101 - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

First you get rid of my lazy day planet side mining. Ok, well asteroid mining has been good for higher tiers and auto mining should be good for lower tiers.  

Secondly you destroy my bunker base that I spend hundreds of hours digging. and placing dirt.  I should be really upset over this. But hey I will give a little, It was a change that had to happen to make the game better. 

Third,  I figure hey I will get a full skill respec atleast.  (I skilled up to mine and make voxels, Both professions have been nerfed so badly, I could do better in other fields of the game). But then you guys say nope. only giving you a couple token skills back. 

Fourth. I spent allot of work scanning down tiles.  Thousands of tiles.  It takes 15 minutes to run each scan (well can run 3 scans at a time).  And thats not 15 minutes of doing thins. Its 3 minutes of doing things, and then 15 minutes of nothing.  Its not hey go work on your ship or your base, its 15 minutes of nothing. There where many nights of it being so fricken boring. But I went on. knowing the knowledge I gained from scaning would help me long into the future.  And while you might say, well you already used those scans. yes, I mined out the mega nodes. However a year ago when I started playing I knew meganodes would run out. Everbody said ohh no there is so much ore out there it wont run out. So for me those scans where not just for the mega nodes. they where also for less than mega, but high yield tiles.  

Your msg of go mine out those scans, well thats just not valid. Well unless your going to wait a year or two before demetri comes out. Because its going to take me that long to mine out those territories.  If you have to get rid of them. Why not compensate me for them.  I figure 10,000,000 an hour is about right. With about 9 scans per hour.  So NQ, buy out old scans for 1,000,000 Quanta.  Or buy out scans for game time. Every 50 scans would equal 1 game day. 

This update was supposed to be a super great update. It was going to be the one that brought players back to the game. Its the one I have been looking forward to for the last 6 months. But now that its hear, it seems like everything about it is just shitting on me. 

12 minutes ago, redqueen said:

ok so when demeter hits the old scans even if u write them down wont be the same?? right??

no. they wont be the same.  we dont know what the ore yeilds are.. so even if you know what is in your tile now, you wont know what that actually means until the Demeter patch lands? i think?

1 hour ago, NQ-Deckard said:

Hello Noveans,

We'd like to hear your feedback on the latest Devblog about Mining Units.

I am PISSED!! After you announced that old scans will carry over i wasted a week scanning hundreds of tiles to have a good spot after Demeter, and now you say all this time, that i only spent on scanning because NQ announced it would be valid, was a huge waste of my few hours of spare time after work? Thats absolutely BS! At least set a cut off date that the scans after you made that announcement are still valid, take some responsibility for your damn announcements!

7 minutes ago, eCris21 said:

What a waste of time! Scanned a houndred of tiles last two weeks. Everyone was able to do the same. I'm sooo pissed. Don't know if i really want to play this game anymore. Wasted too much time the last weeks. Just for nothing

I'll be loosing thousands of hours of scanning. I've spent more than most in this game. It needed to happen, while I have a lot I know of others that have damn near entire planets of scan results.  Literally giving me, and others a monopoly on the market. 

That all being said, myself and others will go back out and scan 18+ tiles at a time and will be fine.

I think this is the fairest move! I also got a around 4-5k scans but it's not fair to every1 to leave the old scans.

Sure you have scanned once but this was initally for the search of Meganodes and tiles to mine. So i guess it is fair as it is a new system and every1 should have a fair chance to get  good tiles.

Well done!

6 minutes ago, BlindingBright said:

I'll be loosing thousands of hours of scanning. I've spent more than most in this game. It needed to happen, while I have a lot I know of others that have damn near entire planets of scan results.

I have no issue with it happening so much as that was stuff from the past, people will have profited from most of it (or not). The problem I have with it is, they first say one thing, then they do a 180... People have been preparing for the Demeter changes since the announcement, including scanning. They've created expectations and that is what bothers me.

Just now, Cergorach said:

I have no issue with it happening so much as that was stuff from the past, people will have profited from most of it (or not). The problem I have with it is, they first say one thing, then they do a 180... People have been preparing for the Demeter changes since the announcement, including scanning. They've created expectations and that is what bothers me.

Absolutly right! I dont care about players with thousands of scans. I scanned every single minute since the announcement. It was fair. Everyone had a chance to collect a few houndred scans the last weeks

2 minutes ago, BlindingBright said:

I'll be loosing thousands of hours of scanning. I've spent more than most in this game. It needed to happen, while I have a lot I know of others that have damn near entire planets of scan results.  Literally giving me, and others a monopoly on the market. 

That all being said, myself and others will go back out and scan 18+ tiles at a time and will be fine.

I think its going to be worse then if they left the scan. Game is going to loose a bunch of players over this patch.  While you will get some people scanning out tiles. I think they are generally just going to scan out around themselves, get discouraged by the low results and do other things. You will get a couple people like yourself that are trying to go out and find the couple T5's. 

However what I am more concerned with. They where wishy washy on this said scans are staying . pulled back and said they are leaving.  You know what else they have been wishy washy on. A wipe on release. And if that is the case, I have no interest in paying to beta test this game. 

13 minutes ago, BlindingBright said:

Its a difference if you scanned lot in the past for megas and if you just started scanning because you were forced to do so due to the demeter announcement, a big difference. Thats why i said at least keep those which were made after the demeter announcement. Because people were pretty much forced to scan if they still want a somewhat steady ore income.

The issue is dliberately making players waste 2 weeks of their time. Ofc people who already own thousands of scans are less impacted by this, they didnt put in the extra work, they're just doing what they always did. They didnt have to make time to do something they dont like and dont want.

5 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

Agreed. I had thousands of scans from before, and I get wiping that, but I've spent as much time as possible scanning since the announcement and it hurts that after being promised them, now I will lose them.

Can we at least get a release date for Demeter so we can plan accordingly?

NQ, you appear to announce two significant changes to auto miners from the PTS. Can you clarify if these are actually changes from PTS or just examples used in the blog post?

1. the blog post identifies miner output as 50L/h. In PTS it was 50L/h for smalls and 100L/h for large. Were you using smalls as an example in the blog and larges will still be 100L/h or is this a change from PTS?

2. The blog announces a 24 hour cooldown between calibrations. Is this a change from the 48 hours on PTS? If so, does this change the point in time that calibration decay kicks in? If so, this is a HUGE change to mining economics.

As additional clarification,  I assume the extraction efficiency talent we saw on PTS is what you are referring to with "amount of ore extracted when calibrating".  Can you clarify what this talent actually does? Does it increase the amount of ore pulled by the autominer after calibrated by a player with this talent, or does it simply increase the amount of rocks spawned during the calibration process?

Concern: You indicate in your blog that tier 5 ores would be available ONLY at a 'few small points' on the outer planets. I assume this likely applies to some degree to tier 4 and tier 3 as well. This seems to be a recipe for a small number of players or orgs to effectively lock individual players or smaller orgs out of higher tier ores and force PVP upon players disinterested in that aspect of gameplay. If this was your intention, it will likely do exactly that as well as cause the resultant attrition of  non-PVP interested players. If this was not your intention, would it not be better to have higher concentration of higher tier ores at small points (which would still lock the market to a limited set of suppliers for large quantities or ore and provide that competitive element), but a more even distribution of very low output tiles of higher tier ore. This would make other gameplay options available that do not include force PVP but also limit market impact since low output tiles would not produce enough ore to significantly impact the markets in comparison to PVP play with asteroids. 

41 minutes ago, Cergorach said:

NQ,

As noted, you have created a new issue by changing a clearly articulated direction in mid-stream. By definitely announcing scans would be retained, you essentially forced players that were already disadvantaged by not having massive quantities of scans to shift their gameplay for weeks in order to reasonably prepare for Demeter which they could have better used preparing in other ways. Now by switching directions, you have essentially wasted peoples time for no reason. I was largely on the fence on scans/no scans and would have not particularly cared whether you kept them or not. I am now ROYALLY PISSED by the direction change that WASTED a huge amount of time for NO REASON. I don't see anyway for you to fix this at this point since no one is going to be happy with anything you do on this matter now. But in the future FOR THE LOVE OF YOUR DIETY OF CHOICE DO WHAT YOU SAY OR AT LEAST INDICATE YOUR ARE UNDECIDED. WTF. Would you like some syrup with your waffles?

1 hour ago, Hagbard said:

Thx NQ, really appreciate all the small balance changes you did to the demeter Update.
- HQ Tiles: Great Idea! this helps us keep a lot of the player made content outside of sanc
- Wiping the scan results: Absolutly the right decision!

I tried to like your post more than once because it deserved it. Didn’t let me :(

Oh damn, so NQ first stated that old scans would be preserved, which made many a player (me included) spend the last two weeks scanning down tiles 24/7. And now NQ stated that those scans will be wiped, meaning we all wasted two weeks of game time, which could have been put to better use had NQ made up its mind about the subject earlier.

I wasnt against the scan wipe at first, in fact I considered it to give a clear advantage to some players, but I am pissd by the last minute change in direction, which made me and many others waste huge time.

20 minutes ago, Stratio5 said:

Wiping the scan results would have been an ok decision if they had made that in the first place. Listing to the whining community and changing their mind was not.

NQ listened to feedback and changed their minds. That’s life. That’s work. That’s how it goes. I am glad they listened.

This pisses me off. Not so much because of the scan wipe, I'd be happy either way. I'm pissed because less than a month ago (Oct 20th to be precise) you said that old scans would still be good. Then you turn 180 LESS THAN A MONTH LATER and say they wont

If you haven't decided, let us know you haven't decided. That's fine. Some things need careful consideration and feedback before making a decision. Don't plaster a big "Confirmation: Old scans will still be valid" and then double back on it as soon as you get a bit of push-back. Stick to your decision. I even made a suggestion that you could keep current good for a while and THEN do a scan wipe with a new seed.

People are not angry because you're wiping the scans, people are angry because you said you wouldn't

(just to be clear, the below info is no longer accurate)

Capture.PNG.c8f3a76ad1795605cde4e4f262d9b910.PNG

(from)

Edited by Torsten
Added some constructive feedback