crashed in space close to planet

Flammable

my ship hit a random object in space close to jago and blew up

I built another ship and flew next to my old ship in space but i could not move in space and my body fell to the planet ?

Why does my ship not fall to the planet ?

How do i recover the ship ?

this game is very broken if gravity does not apply to all objects ?

2 hours ago, Flammable said:

I built another ship and flew next to my old ship in space but i could not move in space and my body fell to the planet ?

Since nobody has answered yet, I'll try.  I only just came back after a 9 month break, so, I may well be wrong.

1) It used to be that if you logged out your ship would stop and remain stationary (not sure if is still like that).  This was originally done (I think) because crashes were frequent and people were losing their ships.

2)  Its possible that the thing you ran into was a Space core.  A space core is used for building a space station.  They are basically static cores that provide their own gravity field.  If you stand on that core or on  your ship if its attached to it, then you will snap to it and be able to walk on it.

3)  Not sure if it happens any more but some pirates used to put up screens of voxels (attached to a space core).  They would be spaced fairly far apart so they were hard to see but it only took one voxel to debilitate a fast moving ship

4) You probably need somebody else to give you a ride.  Maybe somebody on Jago could help.

11 hours ago, Flammable said:

Dynamic construct physics simulation requires someone to be on board to make the physics tick, none of those calculations are done on the server.

The easiest way to recover the ship is to fly a smaller ship close to it and dock. The harder way is to get someone to fly you there, position yourself on top of it so you fall on it instead of the planet, and jump on it. This can be fairly difficult if it's close to a planet where gravity is fairly high.

Not very fun to say the least.