How will Sanctuary Be Any Better than D6 Market?

Creator

2 hours ago, Creator said:

So when players move most of their assets and homes back to Sanctuary moon and have their personal ghost cities made of tons of cores + all their ships parked all over, how will performance be better than living at Market 6?

be better .. pretty sure..

Before Sact any way have more less lagy - cose more smaller planet and more less miner chanel and not many forest and bla bla bla.. Any way dont worry about luggy.. on Sanct any way in this things better then alioth

Respectfully any condensed area of detailed constructs will impact performance for all players in the area, and the game is not optimized for this compaction of Tax refugees back to Sanctuary with all of their large ships and structures.

25 minutes ago, Creator said:

Respectfully any condensed area of detailed constructs will impact performance for all players in the area, and the game is not optimized for this compaction of Tax refugees back to Sanctuary with all of their large ships and structures.

I am practically sure that there will not be such a direct mass escape of refugees, everyone I know does not experience any problems with taxes(is not big). With all due respect. So if 100-300 people move there, I don't think they will even notice each other there, Sanctuare is a rather large celestial body... And for sure there not become same with Alioth any way.

So i think it be fine there .. and not much luggy then at Alioth. Cose there Any way biggest population.

1 minute ago, Feriniya said:

I am practically sure that there will not be such a direct mass escape of refugees, everyone I know does not experience any problems with taxes(is not big). With all due respect. So if 100-300 people move there, I don't think they will even notice each other there, Sanctuare is a rather large celestial body... And for sure there not become same with Alioth any way.

Sure, people who gained a foothold early that don't find the upkeep a hassle will likely not flock to sanctuary, and probably only 100-300 oldies will move to Sanct. It is the new players though that struggle to get established off of Sanct, that don't have the resources we do from mega mining, missions etc... that will set up shop longer, put down larger roots and potentially always call Sanct home base, especially if they are a more casual player.

7 minutes ago, Creator said:

Sure, people who gained a foothold early that don't find the upkeep a hassle will likely not flock to sanctuary, and probably only 100-300 oldies will move to Sanct. It is the new players though that struggle to get established off of Sanct, that don't have the resources we do from mega mining, missions etc... that will set up shop longer, put down larger roots and potentially always call Sanct home base, especially if they are a more casual player.

oh yeah.. this point is correct.. i think for new players, many ppl stay there more longer. If they play solo yes.. if not - most org get them from there. But solo players i think you are pretty correct .. they stay there more longer before they start move from there. Bot all.. but some group kind new players ye.

Any way i dont think so if we talk about luggy.. there become more laggy then on Alioth now.. But is just my idea.. maybe i can wrong. Cose a lot change in future also coming with this game.. and little bit harder to make prognoze about sanct for long time up

Any way Sanct for solo players best place and more safety then any place in Helios.. this is i know clear :)

4 hours ago, Creator said:

So when players move most of their assets and homes back to Sanctuary moon and have their personal ghost cities made of tons of cores + all their ships parked all over, how will performance be better than living at Market 6?

as was previously stated in the Demeter patch vlog a month ago, the Demeter patch that includes a geography reset and mining changes will free up approximately 2/3 of the current server demand that is used now just to ping locations of holes for every person on each planet at the same time. this allows for less desync and better performance for graphics and rendering abilities even from low end gaming machines.( i have a low end off the shelf gamer and it was an awesome event to see ).. the PTS server had zero issue rendering in territory graphics while i was flying in at 1200mps , no lag chop, and running as fast as i could (about 76mps) to market there was no typical load time wait for permissions for a single thing, the ships on the structure were fully loaded no wait and that wasnt even the full bore patch thats coming.. 

I do predict sanctuary to be laggy.  I know on alioth i have been building and have been able to keep my lag down by spreading my buildings out on different hexes,  i even spread out my ships so they are not all located together to create lag.  Now i am being pushed back to sanctuary , all my buildings and all my ships will be all concentrated onto one tile.  And i hate to break it to you, my tile is very close to a market there. So lag, lag , lag.

I think a lot more people will be returning to sanctuary than you think.  For now a lot will go to space, but if taxes start there, then a good number of them will also go to sanctuary.  Sanctuary will be not only for new players, but also any casual player that can not predict his/her schedule will be forced to stay on sanctuary.  

I have already started removing my buildings and will continue planning on how to move/relocate.  All the players in one org i belong to are also moving to either space or sanctuary not one of them plan on staying on alioth.  Another org i am in are all pretty much staying in place, so it sort of depends on your play style and your real life situations.  But dont be surprised if sanctuary  becomes a lag fest and alioth sees great improvement.

So if you are flying over sanctuary and your screen suddenly locks up,  be sure to wave "Hi" as you will probably be over my one hex with all my buildings and 20-30ships.  

22 minutes ago, Williow said:

as was previously stated in the Demeter patch vlog a month ago, the Demeter patch that includes a geography reset and mining changes will free up approximately 2/3 of the current server demand that is used now just to ping locations of holes for every person on each planet at the same time. this allows for less desync and better performance for graphics and rendering abilities even from low end gaming machines.( i have a low end off the shelf gamer and it was an awesome event to see ).. the PTS server had zero issue rendering in territory graphics while i was flying in at 1200mps , no lag chop, and running as fast as i could (about 76mps) to market there was no typical load time wait for permissions for a single thing, the ships on the structure were fully loaded no wait and that wasnt even the full bore patch thats coming..

It's nice to hear that. I had a short PTS session .. i noticed performance improvement too. Not so much as you describe, but I agree with you, the productivity has clearly increased.

2 minutes ago, Gillwin said:

I do predict sanctuary to be laggy. I know on alioth i have been building and have been able to keep my lag down by spreading my buildings out on different hexes, i even spread out my ships so they are not all located together to create lag. Now i am being pushed back to sanctuary , all my buildings and all my ships will be all concentrated onto one tile. And i hate to break it to you, my tile is very close to a market there. So lag, lag , lag.

I think a lot more people will be returning to sanctuary than you think. For now a lot will go to space, but if taxes start there, then a good number of them will also go to sanctuary. Sanctuary will be not only for new players, but also any casual player that can not predict his/her schedule will be forced to stay on sanctuary.

I have already started removing my buildings and will continue planning on how to move/relocate. All the players in one org i belong to are also moving to either space or sanctuary not one of them plan on staying on alioth. Another org i am in are all pretty much staying in place, so it sort of depends on your play style and your real life situations. But dont be surprised if sanctuary becomes a lag fest and alioth sees great improvement.

So if you are flying over sanctuary and your screen suddenly locks up, be sure to wave "Hi" as you will probably be over my one hex will all my buildings and 20-30ships.

you can be right also.. that also can happened and also depend hardware PC on which play ppl.
Need time to will check it hows going after 1-2 month. 

Remember the update also includes a slider to limit the number of constructs rendered. This will make a huge difference for a lot of people by being able to slide it down a bit.

For new players I see Sanctuary as being their long term main base, and not leaving Sanctuary but rather having hexs on other planets which are rather only mining units which they keep going via VR and only visit when it is ore collection time.

The main issue with this is very early on in the game you chose your Sanctuary title as part of the game before you have done much, and you are stuck with it for life. I think they should allow you to pack up your Sanctuary Claim Unit and move it somewhere else, when this is done, the territory is reset back to default and now available for others. 

NQ says removing the holes boosts the performance.

NQ says making the ships go boom due to stress instead of seeing long voxel damage boosts performance.

NQ says having many constructs in 1 place reduces performance so they should be moved/whatever.

You know what has high performance ? Checkers. But for some reason people don't pay sub to play it and it's popularity is in kind of decline for last decades.