PRICING CHANGES, ONE-MONTH SUBS AND AUD OPTIONS - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

What comparable mmo in the 15,-€ monthly comparison are there at the moment? Not those that offer a subscription for a game, but for a BETA.

I myself have been an annual subscription user from the beginning.
At the moment, I had to switch to a beta key because demeter is too uncertain about the changes and I can't see in advance whether the subscription will be extended by another year.
I am aware of and understand the costs of game development, but every now and then it occurs to me that a finished game costs around €9-15/month, but here it is definitely more of an alpha/beta that wants a monthly subscription.
What I would like to see in this respect are firmer commitments for a finished game, so that I can continue to invest and spend my time in the game - no, in an Alpha/BETA. 
There are still extreme game changes, huge limitations and hardly any light at the end of the tunnel. I would love to spend 10-20-30years in the game just building great things - but I can't because I run out of core slots or the mining units don't give enough ores (compared to mining myself when and where I want). 
As I said several times, I have NO interest in the current PvP. I am a creator, a builder, I dislike pointless taxes or building restrictions.

So if we are in an alpha/beta, why do we hardly get any testing opportunities or more freedom to really test things out? We can't even change the skills, we always have to live with them. This is not a testing environment, this is not a testing environment for me. We already had the same issue with big buildings and tests, how big or how much voxel buildings and planes can withstand, how many elements etc. or, how much terraforming can you withstand.
A test gives me ways to test through all this. At the moment it doesn't seem to be a test if it takes me months to do various tests, but I have to work out countless things before I can do the actual test. So please, what can we players really do with this alpha/beta? What can we really take with us into the "finished game" when it is released?

o/
Im supporting this game now for more then a year with my Sub.
But not because it has so much Content that is worth the Sub.
I do so because of the Potential i see in it.
6.99 was a sub i thought would be ok even if i wouldnt play it all the time wich i really didnt.
Pvp and Mining dont seem like alot of fun for me so far and Building alone isnt enough Content so i cant really main your Game.
In this Year now Dual Universe changed alot but im pretty sure its still not worth the increase to 9.99 where it would have to compete with fully grown MMOs with massiv content.
Im not sure about the gain youll get out of this change.
All i know is that would look way closer to a 9.99 sub then a 6.99 and stop if im not happy with what i see. 
I would have stopped the 9.99 with Schematics implementation im100% sure but 6.99 i didnt because i though.... yea maye itll get better again happens.

Imagin paying 9.99 jumping into the game getting crashes for no reason which happens in a Beta. Then bringing out ur Mining unit waiting for minerals and goin dsssshhhhhhhhhh *bob* on a 20L Mineral patch. Really?
9.99 is just to much for a Game in this state and i dont want to pay a full year in advance.

Love your Game so far but this could make the game unplayable for me.

Am I able to change to an annual subscription now to get that price until the end of beta?

I recently created an alt on a 6-month sub, but I would like to go annual and maintain that price for as long as possible, but I'm afraid if I cancel it it won't let me re-establish it and instead I'll get stuck having to renew post Demeter and pay the higher price tag.

My opinion on this is largely irrelevant as I have already quit.  But, for a game which is still in development I can't see the justification for the price increase.

This statement of "Keeping a competitive price versus other MMOs whose monthly charge is in the vicinity of 15 EUR/USD per month" means nothing as other MMO's are finished, in a final state and have substantially more content than what DU has to offer for a similar fee.

9 minutes ago, Zychov said:

Hey.

I have a three active accounts right now all of them on 3 month subscription. What do I need to do to keep them on current price?

Existing subs will not be affected, you can keep those indefinitely so long as you never cancel. 

---------

The thing about subs....is that subs only work for robust, successful MMOs.

Less commercial MMOs have figured out that free to play and micro-transactions are the superior model. Churn rates are simply too high, otherwise. 

Don't get me wrong, free to play usually sucks for players, but there's a reason MMOs like STO pivoted away from sub and are still online after all this time. 

Like many parts of DU, the monetization model was poorly conceived, here. Subscriptions will never work. The math doesn't make sense for NQ and never will. 

Subs automatically increase the barrier to entry and make CPA (cost per acquisition) higher as a result. If someone only pays $9.99 and then churns, that's just not a good deal for NQ....even for highly engaged players, NQ will always be battling attrition.

Subs only work if you can maintain and scale the game at a reasonable pace. You have to add content quickly, because players just rip through it. A bored player unsubs. With taxes and Demeter, it will be harder to lure them back to pick it up again once the game has changed enough to make the experience fresh again. 

NQ won't ever be able to stay ahead of the churn rate curve and won't be able to offer incentive to resub.

It's like they are looking around a room of paid MMO subs....seeing WoW and Final Fantasy...and thinking "yeah we can hang, we're just as good as them". There's a good reason other MMOs in a similar league as DU go free to play. If they think they are somehow going to beat the math and make a sub work, that's just delusional. 

34 minutes ago, blundertwink said:

Existing subs will not be affected, you can keep those indefinitely so long as you never cancel. 

Thank you.

But what happens when the account just run out of time. This happenes a lot of the time to me. The 3 months run out and when I try to log in I get the information so I go to the website and pay for another 3 months. Does it counts as canceling ?

1 hour ago, Tictaq said:

last time I checked, £6.49 was $8.71

it was also AUD11.81 and $10.91 Canadian.

Please explain why I'm paying more........ 

It's common practice to have different prices for different regions.

For starters, there are legal differences. VAT rates, law obligations
And, there are other companies (like steam) that will have prices for region and region locks.

If you don't mind robbing your country from its rightful taxes, just "fly" (with the "VPN" air company) to the US and buy it there.

PS $9.99 USD is also not 9.99 Euro

13 minutes ago, Zychov said:

I was looking for it but couldn't find anywhere

login to your account.
go to "Products"
- push subscriber and select the 3-6-12month sub.
- you have a sub? aktivate this as "continue playing" or select the autoinvall "on" button.

Screenshot (4006).png

Screenshot (4007).png

3 hours ago, Tictaq said:

If you think that's bad, in the original video announcing this release they didn't even use the correct flag for Australia. They used the NZ flag. That's like using the Canadian flag to represent USA. If they can't get a simple thing like that right, it means they didn't put ANY effort into making the pricing structure fair.

Hmm... That explains a lot. It looks different on my side ?

It looks like a subscrption Turn - off button on my side.

Maybe it has something to do with local Polish Law according to auto-renewal.

Thank you for help!

image.thumb.png.873bea695e97fde9a400d7877b1539ca.png

6 hours ago, Tictaq said:

It's likely that XSolla is the cause of this as they may well do the conversion an dpay NQ in one currency..

There is ways to pay sub outside of XSolla.. in USD through Markeedragon's store, so go there and buy gamecodes from him

6 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

It's common practice to have different prices for different regions.

For starters, there are legal differences. VAT rates, law obligations
And, there are other companies (like steam) that will have prices for region and region locks.

If you don't mind robbing your country from its rightful taxes, just "fly" (with the "VPN" air company) to the US and buy it there.

PS $9.99 USD is also not 9.99 Euro

But this common practice should be 2 ways not only one way that increases the price. Some region for the same principles should have a much lower price.

6 hours ago, Novoca1ne said:

If you think that's bad, in the original video announcing this release they didn't even use the correct flag for Australia. They used the NZ flag. That's like using the Canadian flag to represent USA. If they can't get a simple thing like that right, it means they didn't put ANY effort into making the pricing structure fair.

Buddy, it looks like you're just chasing nonsense, and you don't even know what flag is there. But if you still live there and do not know, then it would be better to keep silent.

And then on the forum here anyhow to carry nonsense

I am not from that country but not be lazy for try to check what about you talk.. and.. . 

78C8B23777F2143F652D3AF7C249F372AF3ADFC7_w762_h264.jpg

unknown.png

Surprise ... and enjoy