Have you made friendships because of Dual Universe?

aliensalmon

Just wondering. I don't mean just within the game itself, but in other surrounding community places such as the forums or Discord.

I have not, but don't worry about me. I've been a solo player who hasn't joined an org so I'm mostly at fault here. (I will join an org if the game gets more popular and I will need a reason to have an alliance.)

Org maintenance is extremely hard in this game, and in MMO's in general these days. I definitely made friends in this game, but 95% of that friends list is either gone or inactive and I haven't seen them in months. I also intentionally avoid org drama by avoiding orgs. Doesn't mean I am anti-social though.

It would help this game a lot if chat wasn't such a relic.

I have certainly connected with a number of people through DU who I still communicate with, some frequently, now that I pretty much left the game for the time being. 

Funny enough, all people I brought in to DU from other communities, quite a few from EVE, I pretty much lost contact with.

We had a guild of 50 players back in WoW BC days. The majority of us always met in real life, whether at Gamescom or at the campsite, and we often spent our free time together at half-yearly meetings. Sometimes at lakes, sometimes at the sea or in the mountains. We just made sure that we somehow took everyone with us, also financially or by carpooling. Two even found each other and got married, first ingame and later in real life. Over time, unfortunately, there were fewer and fewer of them, because more and more had stopped playing WoW or games in general. At least I think it was a friendlier and more helpful time then, too.

Started with 15 and now down to me and my best friend these days. Just a never ending stream of people who join and dont want to mine like 8-16 hours a day, run missions, get bored building, and never come back. A couple I talk to from time to time who ask how the games going like every 6mo but im starting to think there is like 100 people actually playing this game with alpha accounts and beta keys or alts.

6 hours ago, Zarcata said:

We had a guild of 50 players back in WoW BC days. The majority of us always met in real life, whether at Gamescom or at the campsite, and we often spent our free time together at half-yearly meetings. Sometimes at lakes, sometimes at the sea or in the mountains. We just made sure that we somehow took everyone with us, also financially or by carpooling. Two even found each other and got married, first ingame and later in real life. Over time, unfortunately, there were fewer and fewer of them, because more and more had stopped playing WoW or games in general. At least I think it was a friendlier and more helpful time then, too.

That's pretty cool! Quite the community!