Job openings at NQ .

Novean-32184

Another cost cutting operation which IMO is counterproductive to progressing.. 6 month internships in rather key positions fo ractually development work.

https://www.welcometothejungle.com/en/companies/novaquark/jobs

Interesting bit is these are 23 days old and still open .. I guess NQ's reputation precedes them as in a high profile region like Monteal, the low quality positions/openings are well known. Getting interns on board for cheap for 6 months can't be a productive means to progress your game. Also seems the project manager they hired in Paris a few months ago already left again and a new posting posting has been up for a few days now.

Why would someone want to go through the process of moving to Montreal and working for a company that has only one product which will probably be dead in less than a year after Demetor? Wouldn't be exactly a great internship opportunity either.

8 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

Another cost cutting operation which IMO is counterproductive to progressing.. 6 month internships in rather key positions fo ractually development work.

Interesting bit is these are 23 days old and still open .. I guess NQ's reputation precedes them as in a high profile region like Monteal, the low quality positions/openings are well known. Getting interns on board for cheap for 6 months can't be a productive means to progress your game. Also seems the project manager they hired in Paris a few months ago already left again and a new posting posting has been up for a few days now.

Lol considering they have devs working from multiple countries/states/rpovinces it makes it look even worse. 

Thing is anyone can see this ship is going down and sure there might be some who want to help save it but the culture is so engraned that they cant see the reef they are about to smash into and they are taking on water so unless they change course and plug up the holes or make the devs walk the plank and clean house. Its time for a mutany the captain went mad and the new one is still drinking JC's secret sauce.

It's just astonishing to me NQ so far have not ever even tried to engage their most prolific and available resource in helping them get the game in a better place.

And ATV nor MC really have brought anything to the table. Not because they were not willing (certainly in the case of ATV) or able but mostly because at best NQ used either as a soundboard on their ideas while not really caring much for the feedback unless it fit their own direction/ideas.

I spent some time going back in the "Idea Box" section of this forum and there are some amazing and very unique suggestions/ideas there, none of which ever saw any engagement or interest even from NQ. Knowing what was discussed in closed Alpha, all I can say this pattern goes back years. Players offer help, give creative and useful ideas, some of which should really not have been very difficult to implement, but not once did NQ action any of it or engage in a discussion around these ideas.

Du could have been a _much_ deeper and better game by now, but I guess we just "do not understand".

I expect NQ will rush in Demeter either this Thursday or the next with little or no changes from the PTS. They will explain the fallout away with "This was just the first implementation, and we will refine and adjust as we go", while they have had the feedback and suggestion to do just that for weeks and ignored it. Internally they are probably already mostly focussed on the patch after Demeter anyway.

The fact the initial Demeter referenced VLOG was recorded before Ares released, which kind of supports that idea. NQ _could_ have engaged a group of player then with their initial ideas, made changes based off of that even before going to the initial patch and follow through on the next PTS session to have a far more balanced patch ready for release.. But hey, what do I know..

On 11/13/2021 at 10:14 AM, Jake Arver said:

This is a really clear sign of the shape NQ is in atm. Internships, though are attractive because they seem "cheap" are not going to yield the results NQ desperatly needs right now and its insult to injury that's it for 6 months. No intern in 6 short months will do anything meaningful, it takes a junior engineer 6 months to learn the software development process, company culture let alone the game they are coding for.

On 11/13/2021 at 11:04 AM, Jake Arver said:

It's just astonishing to me NQ so far have not ever even tried to engage their most prolific and available resource in helping them get the game in a better place.

I suppose this is th reason that I keep.comong back to the forums despite not playing for a year. How can a company in seemingly poor financial shape and staff leaving and being let go, somehow trip over their potentially best resource. 

If the ship is sinking and everyone is jumping off, how do you miss a player driven lifeboat along side attempting to plug the holes and bail the water. 

It does keep me coming back to the forums to watch because it's quite unbelievable. 

On 11/13/2021 at 8:14 AM, Jake Arver said:

The ads for the internships are still up because the internships don't start until January, and they likely want multiple applications for each position. This is totally normal.