Why Do I like Dual Universe

Zychov

I thought that this never ending stream of complains may be really tiring for the devs so I wanted to give them some appreciation instead. Why do I like Dual Universe:

• I love building stuff
  • I love engineering stuff even more
  • I think that the flying model in game is great
  • I'm an active PvP player and I really appreciate all the changes done in the game to make PvP meaningful (that's actualy the reason why I got back to it)
  • Vast space, different planets and space travel are really fun at the game
  • I like the crafting mechanics and blueprints systems
  • I like the elaborated organization systems and gameplay that emerges from them
  • Although I see there are tons of bugs in the game I see that it is slowly getting more stable

Lately I managed to bring back to the game three of my friends and I'm actively working on more. Good job NQ keep working on my favourite space game :D

Ps. Yes I do see the problems that this game has but I also know that Dual Universe is a great place to spend time in.

I agree with like 70% of your points, most of us love many things you posted, and it is why we also why you see so many players posting their "endless stream of complaints" when they see something that could actually cause this game to no longer be "a great place to spend time".  I am glad you are happy, doesn't negate that many players see huge red flags with changes that will cause major harm to all players.

Anyways, nice on you to say something nice, you can do that though without discounting legit concerns of others in the community. o7

I think OP is not realizing a lot of the frustration and anger come from an appreciation and love for the game as well as a desire to see it succeed.

While all the points raised by OP can't really be argued, there is lot that he either does not care for or does not realize/see , which will/would impact what he likes about he game in the long run.

There certainly is a lot to like about DU and about some of it's traits, but for many, especially the apparent lack of attention for community input and/or engagement with the community drive much of the frustration. Most of the frustration is not with the game, it's with NQ

I really like the building side of DU and with the voxel editor getting put in I really feel this part of the game is a job well done. 

I actually enjoy the industry side of the game in a casual sense (not rebuilding a full factory for the 5th time ?). I just really wish that some schematics was found in other places rather than market. Big game play driver being missed here. 

Im a pvp focused player but won’t comment on pvp right now because there is much more coming and needs to be done ?

exploration can be fun seeing what everyone has created but a tad more incentive work is needed I feel. 

I love doing all that stuff too! But...

Just to do what I was doing I need 200mil to put down the 200tiles, 200mil per week, 800mil per month, flying missions nonstop wasting gas just to break even and that leaves no time to do what I found fun in the first place.

The devs say boohoo taxes you get more than you pay for. If im getting litterally nothing in terms of raw mats for space gas to fly missions to pay for the tax just to keep flying to finance all this shit and everyone bug mega orgs is about to come to a grinding hault and you are forced to bay likely 2-3x the prices due to shortages then no im not making more than the taxes im actually losing.

And its not like im some mega org its just me and my friend. I was able to use skill and effort. Whatever this is feels like some kind of space slavery sim they want me to pay more for less content every patch.

They think 5 free tiles you cant even mine on makes up for that. If I cant build, engineer stuff, or do anything if I have to collect ore from 200 tiles compounds the not making more than the tax or having to manually fill the tax pools in each TU when it should be as simple as the construct list in the map having a checkbox and they act like they spent their time and money wisely creating some broken system when they are working harder than they need to if they just added a territory tab in the map in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Warlander said:

I love doing all that stuff too! But...

Just to do what I was doing I need 200mil to put down the 200tiles, 200mil per week, 800mil per month, flying missions nonstop wasting gas just to break even and that leaves no time to do what I found fun in the first place.

Why do you have 200 tiles Warlander?

I love DualUniverse because you could build almost infinitely. Unfortunately, the mass itself, how much you can build, has been severely limited and will be limited even more. So you can no longer implement extreme mammoth projects.

I loved Dualuniverse because as a player I could build and mine whenever I wanted, whenever I had time, even if I had taken a break from the game. There was no "obligation" to play anything. That was changed with the Schematics, because now I have to earn Quanta. Likewise, I will soon have to earn more quanta to be able to pay taxes. Or I do without and just live on the free Sanctuary Moon, which gives me a very modest ore yield and all my building projects will have centuries of construction time. (I expected >10years of play and lots of fun).

I love this enormously large scope of the solar system at the beginning, meanwhile it is rather boring and dull, soon there will be even less to discover. It looks dead and bare, and even the butterflies that are coming won't help.
I can see it coming, many areas are simply used as refineries, large areas full of mining units, just as deserts are full of oil drillers here on Earth. Dead land, only a maintenance crew will come by now and then.
I am not a PvP player, because PvP is extremely unbalanced and currently no fun. It is expensive and takes a lot of time. PvP can be fun, but in DualUniverse it's just frustrating.

8 minutes ago, Creator said:

Why do you have 200 tiles Warlander?

/rightoverhead

Right now I dont need all that but after Demeter that is what it will take to just pull base numbers of ore just to progress and not even expand and thats not including what my friend pulls per day. it would take 400-600 tiles to make up those losses with 400-600mil per week in taxes or 1.2-2.4 billion per month in tax.

We are just two people you can only imagine how many tiles its going to take to make up for those losses post demeter for mega orgs. Its a good thing they got all those scans when they need like 5-10k tiles to keep their status quo.

34 minutes ago, Warlander said:

/rightoverhead

Well hell man I am not in your brain, don't  gotta be salty. Atleast I read and care enough to ask. 

I see the points in the rest of your last post and I agree this is going to change  everything. 

2 minutes ago, Creator said:

Well hell man I am not in your brain, don't  gotta be salty. Atleast I read and care enough to ask. 

I see the points in the rest of your last post and I agree this is going to change  everything. 

Im not hating just trying to educate people.

Wow this got derailed fast :D

DU is alright, Demeter has it's problems sure, but it's not a complete trainwreck as the vocal ppl make it sound like. Won't stop me from playing, I actually hadn't played in a few months, but came back when I heard about the coming changes. We'll see how it ends up like, but I see more good than bad in it. Not everyone is mad about it, there's players like me who are actually waiting for the patch silently while the forums burn down with hate.

4 hours ago, Mayumi said:

DU is alright, Demeter has it's problems sure, but it's not a complete trainwreck as the vocal ppl make it sound like. Won't stop me from playing, I actually hadn't played in a few months, but came back when I heard about the coming changes. We'll see how it ends up like, but I see more good than bad in it. Not everyone is mad about it, there's players like me who are actually waiting for the patch silently while the forums burn down with hate.

+1.. a lot ppl dont say any.. cose normally ppl dont say good things.. But ppl who wanna say bad things - everywhere and shouting more then other.. Thats why is look like huge problem.
Other ppl just get this info and wating patch. But yes.. i fulle agree with all changes and happy about they coming to game.

And +1 to TS for this topic

On 11/13/2021 at 5:25 AM, Jake Arver said:

I think OP is not realizing a lot of the frustration and anger come from an appreciation and love for the game as well as a desire to see it succeed.

This is like saying "I think a lot of you don't realize the reason i farted is because i ate a bowl of chili last night."

I don't really care why, it stinks, take it outside.

A lot of us have a love and appreciation for the game and want to see it succeed.  And it's definitely been a rocky frustrating road at times.  But that doesn't give anyone an excuse to stink up the place.

I respectfully disagree that voicing genuine and justified frustration with how NQ handles the development of the game as "stinking up the place"

I do agree that some, in their understandable frustration, may take it a notch too far but that does not reduce the validity of their frustration in any way, it does merit a suggestion to cool the jets a bit.

1 hour ago, Atmosph3rik said:

A lot of us have a love and appreciation for the game and want to see it succeed.  And it's definitely been a rocky frustrating road at times.  But that doesn't give anyone an excuse to stink up the place.

And the alternative would be? Just smile and pretend everything is fine?

I am sure that would work out just fine, yes sire. Just fine...

The only times NQ has actually listen and made changes, has been after outright riots from players. So the mood on forums etc, is 100% cause and effect by NQ actions, or should we say lack of such.

28 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Not to mention that demeter is effectively a death sentence to many players. So there is nothing to gain any more by staying quiet and civil.

Im glad some people enjoy whatever they are given I really am and just accept it for what it is until the lights go out.

Had they actually spent the time developing an MMO and making actual AI/NPC and aiming to make an MMO version of Emperion this game would not be in the dire strait its currently in if there was anything to do other than grind to do pretty much nothing since bases have no real functional purpose and DU barely even qualifies as a PvP game since nobody really wants to enguage in it. Dont get me wrong its got promise but DU is like 10% of the framework of a potential game.

43 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Not to mention that demeter is effectively a death sentence to many players. So there is nothing to gain any more by staying quiet and civil.

I'd say that Demeter AS NQ CURRENTLY PLANS TO ROLL IT OUT is not a good idea. It is basically a repeat of the 0.23 debacle and this time it's worse because NQ got pretty solid advance notice of the fallout that's coming if they just shove the patch out the door.

WHich they will no doubt just do anyway.. as you know.. once bitten, twice shy..

3 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

Yep when solo players, are losing two years of work, that was location specific, with structure built based on the landscape, so players had more to look at then procedurally generated terrain... seems they forgot who they advertise to when they punish builders but advertise as the best space building mmo ever...

13 hours ago, Mayumi said:

DU is alright, Demeter has it's problems sure, but it's not a complete train wreck as the vocal people make it sound like. Won't stop me from playing, I actually hadn't played in a few months, but came back when I heard about the coming changes. We'll see how it ends up like, but I see more good than bad in it. Not everyone is mad about it, there's players like me who are actually waiting for the patch silently while the forums burn down with hate.

Well I certainly hope you see all the people who have posted have at one point last weekend played the PTS so they have reasons to voice he concerns.

I personally think this patch is 1000x worse than 0.23 and already seeing the death of all of the game "loops" or lack there of. This was not the game people signed on for and is regressing to pre 1999 levels of being lame. Meanwhile competitors are implementing features DU is removing.

Having people pay a sub and having beta codes while calling it a beta when CLEARLY its barely and ALPHA is quite the joke.

If you are going to make sweeping changes like this and you tell ALL of your players they know nothing when we all can see the disaster headed towards the game the death of your game will be the result. I have seen many players come and check in on the update and have packed up all their stuff or straight gave up their whole accounts because of this.

I see how you can remain hopeful but seeing the past performance and the response to the questions in the video there is no way this will be an unmitigated disaster for DU and what ever happens after will determine its fate. Cant play the markets if nobody is selling anything due to low pop.

The fact is that you do not need to listen to guys "crying" every request. Here on the forum there are about 10-15 people who "cry" EVERY patch. But for some reason, in my organization of 25 active people, all of them agree with NQ's decision about demeter. And more to say, half of them read the forum and just laugh at these "Demeter will kill the game" "Taxes are too high" and other Sobbing babies. Honestly, there is a PTS, there is a reviews section, why I didn't really see half of these 10-15 with specific proposals, but they all sit here and stamp one topic after another with angry messages and that everything is gone. But not a single constructive information.

And yes, I came here to play IN THEIR game, and not the one that several people want, and it doesn't matter if it is good or bad, if you don't like the game, you take it and leave, why stink? If the game is really not convenient and not suitable for the players, everyone will leave and the game will close = simple, but the several ppl did not do this, and go to the forum - so here is a tragedy and everything is bad. Sometimes it seems to me that guys yourself are creating an atmosphere of tragedy and the fact that everything is bad - psychology.

Stop it, pls.