Time for NQ to Resign...

Creator

Dear Novaquark,

Respectfully, you don't seem to know what you are doing at this point or the impact it is having on players. A good example of this would be the DSAT & Mining Unit Tier Issue, a simple yet botched  approach to development due to rush and lack of quality assurance discipline. Development that has created a divorce between community and the game developers that seems to be widening with each update. 

While the community at large is protesting many of these changes, you claim in your new vlogs that what you are doing is widely accepted and welcomed by community. This means you are either disconnected from reality, or you are being dishonest. Neither of those speaks to a good outcome for DU, the players, or NQ in the end.

If you are no longer willing to listen to your player base, maybe you should sell Dual Universe to a company that is willing to listen to the players so you can cash out and go do what you want vs. forcing things on us we never asked for, while at the same time refusing to fix issues we continually ask you to fix. The bait and switch development tactics over the past many years of development need to end. 

Please either stop ignoring us, or find another competent/capable developer with the resources to make DU a success that will listen to the community, vs. make 1-hour propaganda videos all the while marching the game to its death.

Respectfully,

Myself and anyone who agrees with me...

They (D)ont (U)understand im wondering if they realize soon they could be (D)efinatly (U)nemployed in under a year after this goes live.

I had to laugh when Pann was talking about the DU Curious like there are still people out there that dont watch youtube, twitch streams, and the forums or know at least one person who played this game and left this sinking ship long ago. Sorry to break it to her your companies image proceeds itself that this thing is a slow motion trainwreck. Smoke another J before you jump on camera and not talk about the game and only yourself or not want to field a question.

3 minutes ago, Warlander said:

I had to laugh when Pann was talking about the DU Curious like there are still people out there that dont watch youtube...

I honestly felt it was a disrespectful pun based on the LGBQT+ communities phrase of bi-curious. She seemed like she was trying to be witty and I thought it was offensive. I don't wish NQ-Pann any ill will as a person, but she doesn't seem to be a good fit as a community liason.

4 minutes ago, Creator said:

I honestly felt it was a disrespectful pun based on the LGBQT+ communities phrase of bi-curious. She seemed like she was trying to be witty and I thought it was offensive. I don't wish NQ-Pann any ill will as a person, but she doesn't seem to be a good fit as a community liason.

She was hella quick to about face and point out she wasnt laughing at our concens.

2 minutes ago, Warlander said:

She was hella quick to about face and point out she wasnt laughing at our concens.

Which honestly I don't completely trust... I don't think she takes seriously the impact Dementor has on the community.

Its not hard to see what the dev team thinks of their playerbase.

They origionally sold Mining Units as an addon to traditional mining with asteroids being another extension of that system. The truth is they probably were always going to do this and just didnt know how to break the news on how they were killing our puppy/lifeblood

The thing is they never thought to actually come up with some kind of replacement onworld system other than potentially 5kl of rocks which is like you could mine in 5 minuites or less and being able to do this x10 in 35 hours somehow makes up for the loss of 400+kl of mining per day that only took 15 mins in any direction of your base to find. And now you are going to need to fly an hour or more if you find an asteroid within 5 points using Lsat.

I really dont know what they were thinking.

I do not think NQ should resign, they should start actually listening to their comunity where there is a lot of people who know what they are talking about, understand the painpoints and want to help still..

It's not too late I'm sure but the longer NQ keeps hidingin their own reality bubble, only hearing some rumpling from the outside whil enever really listening or understanding what is said. They always downplay their community input and refuse to actually engage in discussion. All they do is complain and warn if what hey get is not what they what to hear. Maybe that consistent stream of voices means that you are not going in the right direction and those looking on with some distance see it happen.

When I read the one post from the new CEO, I honestly burst out in very loud laughter because of the total disconnect that exposed.. And I know I was not alone.

57 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

I do not think NQ should resign, they should start actually listening to their comunity where there is a lot of people who know what they are talking about, understand the painpoints and want to help still..

Just want to emphasize that I only want them to leave if they continue to ignore and downplay the community pain points as it seems they have done throughout  the dementor vlogs.

In the Vlongs one of the devs plays as an industrialist and was happy that he could now get free ore while annoucing they were killing mining. I dont honestly know if the other devs actually play the game they develop or if they have some kind of skewed sense of the game on their private test environment or if they just secretly play with creator mode or what.

It does not seem they play the same game they push on us.

Maybe they are just complacent and are numb to the types of updates they drop. Maybe they dont understand that every time they try to reign in mega orgs they smash small orgs and new players with schematics, etc and not actually doing anything to bridge the gap of disperity between how much it keeps making it worse by giving mega orgs more and more unfair advantages while we have to keep digging outselves out of the holes the devs keep kicking us into.

Flat taxes, content gates like schematics, and now Mining Units will do more of the same and all but secure their ability to destroy the servers completely when territory wars are live.

What NQ does not get is mega orgs can side step 1mil to put a TU down and 1mil a week as it litterally does not affect them at all. They could probably buy up all the tiles they want like whole moons and planets and it still likely would not hurt them rather than adding compounding sinks that hurt more the bigger an org gets.

There is a reason why in all other PvP games there are stong limits in place that will make a or break a guild/org by either skill or the RL wallet because of those limits and force stronger guilds to be formed to pick up the pieces when a guild/org falls apart under its own weight. I cant tell you how many times I have seen that happen but not in DU.

The devs cater to them and empower them to keep destroying their game along with scripting vs actually building tools, elements, etc we can use or making this skill based vs just having the game play for you.

9 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Ive made prolly 20+ suggestion threads. Its not my fault they dont have a budget or a team who actually takes them...

Its their game they can keep running it into the ground I guess. Its not my livelyhood they are deadset on ruining.

Fair enough, had a read of one of your topics. Did NQ not state they are doing something similar with the HQ tile idea? That system would mean builders having land that would never enter abandon state and would only have to pay tax to mine on it etc. 

As for the scan data. There is still time and the video was made last week. That decision can be overturned with correct pressure / feedback. 

they havent a clue as a team how to rule set an mmo...they keep remaking the same stupid mistakes....ADD MORE COMPLEXITY ITS LAZY CODING.

1.they need to simplify the gui,not add 42 tools to do something

2.space needs a proper freekin map

3.hire devs with mmo experience

4.learn a simple mantra.......dont remake the wheel for every flippin project.

5.learn to listen to those who have vast amounts of exp playing mmos.......they are your cash cows

2 hours ago, Physics said:

Fair enough, had a read of one of your topics. Did NQ not state they are doing something similar with the HQ tile idea? That system would mean builders having land that would never enter abandon state and would only have to pay tax to mine on it etc. 

As for the scan data. There is still time and the video was made last week. That decision can be overturned with correct pressure / feedback. 

5 Tax free HQ tiles, 1 sanctuary tile, and potentially 1 extra free tile from UBI gives an additional technically free tile per week. If builders just want to build mining T1 ore from the free tile works.

But to everyone else Pann keeps throwing out a 100L per hour figure and on the PTS ive seen as high as 200L per hour. 2400L per day or 4800 per day is abysmal. If you go by the Talents maxed and you can pull 10 charges every 35 hours you still only get potentially 50kl from 10 charges, 3500L @ 100L per 35 hours or 7,000L @ 200L per 35 hours.

That might sound good and all but I never asked for their handout as some form of substitue for onworld mining. Space in this game is devoid of anything interesting or fun. Im not wanting to fly around for hours for a chance and hella competition each weekend before they are gone. I dont mind putting in the work but asteroids or lame rock harvesting does not make up for the potential or the massive ore reserves people have gotten and it almost warrents a full wipe to equal the score and start fresh.

Problem is they never said the HQ tiles were mineable in the vid as much as their peace offering for builders. Im not going to put words in their mouth or hold my breath that you can until they explicitly say so. Its an olive branch to builders for sure, but I feel like its more for existing builds that serve no real mining purpose as much as trying to preserve some of the excelent creations that have been built so that they just dont default on dead tiles and get looted.

As far as scans go instantly mega orgs know where everything is and will sieze all the best tile assets. Its not even a question its going to happen. When they do that everyone else is screwed especially since they eluded to the fact that T4-5 resources are even rarer now which makes progression for anyone other then mega orgs obsolete. NQ is litterally letting them monopolize on everything those ore tiers make. Thats also assuming they dont monopolize all T2-3 ores on all other moons and planets. It makes no sense.

11 hours ago, Physics said:

At least Blaze came out a with a nugget suggestion now and again. All I see is Whaaaa and no input or suggestions.

I can't speak for others, but we are way, way past the constructive feedback stage. In fact we got past that point years ago.

And I suspect that is part of why for many people including Blaze left the discussion. There is a limit to how long you can invest and stay motivated in something, and not get anything in return.

And to be honest, only reason I am still here is some weird combination of "sunken cost" fallacy and morbid fascination watching a train wreck in slow motion.