Anyone down for a good old fashioned protest on Demeter?

Warlander

6 hours ago, Warlander said:

Its not personal its just gaming.

You dont have to like a single thing I say, I play the game the same as anyone here and yeah I have an opinion on that and not talking about the bad decisions being made behind the curtain isnt helping things either. Don't think ive start a poll yet here since its all just back slapping popularity contests imo unless NQ hosts them.

Besides do you think I would be here in the forums at all if NQ made a game that was fun and enguaging?

You are wrong, you can go to jail or go to court for playing under certain circumstances, the game can also sharply become more than "just a game". So let's not say "this is just a game." You are calling \ inciting on people to commit illegal actions in the game. Are you ready to bear responsibility for their bans and losses, because you called on and tried to present yourself as the leader of the uprising / coup?

A game is a financial project = a business that you intend to vandalize and destroy the functions of the business. And also urge other people to do this. This can already be very easily and simply punished by law under certain circumstances.

You are an adult, I hope you will be a little more careful with your statements in the future .. and even more so on the official forum of the project.

1 hour ago, Feriniya said:

You are wrong, you can go to jail or go to court for playing under certain circumstances, the game can also sharply become more than "just a game". So let's not say "this is just a game." You are calling \ inciting on people to commit illegal actions in the game. Are you ready to bear responsibility for their bans and losses, because you called on and tried to present yourself as the leader of the uprising / coup?

A game is a financial project = a business that you intend to vandalize and destroy the functions of the business. And also urge other people to do this. This can already be very easily and simply punished by law under certain circumstances.

You are an adult, I hope you will be a little more careful with your statements in the future .. and even more so on the official forum of the project.

Would you like to keep your rambling to one incoherent message please. I get you want to pad your post count with crap but this is a place of discussion. Stop flooding the forums.

5 minutes ago, Snipey said:

Would you like to keep your rambling to one incoherent message please. I get you want to pad your post count with crap but this is a place of discussion. Stop flooding the forums.

I can apply the same to your posts, but I prefer not to touch you.

But yes, this is not a discussion, in this topic, but a call to protest, which follows even from the name of the topic, and in this case I tried to express my opinion that it is better for the author not to do this. And where are you and your pretensions to me ?. Please pass by.

3 hours ago, Feriniya said:

Ok so....

How is inciting people to QUIT the game in the forums and even in this very thread not the reverse of calling people to actuin to SAVE the game and get the devs to listen long enough to come to their senses?

Guess what all the people who used to care to save this game are gone and all we have left is the white knights of the round table in the chamber of echos with their fingers in their ears. Just wait until all that is left here is people all saying the same thing that this game is great keep up the good work. You should really be scared then.

This is beta right? This is the time that the changes are made permanat and set in stone unless enough of a buzz is created to affect change when this thing goes to polishing and performance passes. Don't know if you noticed but this game aint doing so hot and there are less and less "DU Curious" these days.

1 minute ago, Feriniya said:

I can apply the same to your posts, but I prefer not to touch you.

But yes, this is not a discussion, in this topic, but a call to protest, which follows even from the name of the topic, and in this case I tried to express my opinion that it is better for the author not to do this. And where are you and your pretensions to me ?. Please pass by.

Um you literally posted 3 times in a row. Do you know you can MULTI QUOTE messages?

I may be toxic but at least my messages make sense.

"Illegal actions" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLL#$@#$*)(&YU@#)*$&^@#(&*^%@(#$%Y#

What is a ban hammer for $400 Alex

2 minutes ago, Snipey said:

Um you literally posted 3 times in a row. Do you know you can MULTI QUOTE messages?

I may be toxic but at least my messages make sense.

"Illegal actions" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLL#$@#$*)(&YU@#)*$&^@#(&*^%@(#$%Y#

What is a ban hammer for $400 Alex

You just contradict yourself

"I may be toxic but at least my messages make sense."

There is no sense in your message. As I didn’t touch you, it’s better I don’t ... because yes, you don’t carry any sense. As I thought earlier. All the best.

8 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Ok so....

How is inciting people to QUIT the game in the forums and even in this very thread not the reverse of calling people to actuin to SAVE the game and get the devs to listen long enough to come to their senses?

Guess what all the people who used to care to save this game are gone and all we have left is the white knights of the round table in the chamber of echos with their fingers in their ears. Just wait until all that is left here is people all saying the same thing that this game is great keep up the good work. You should really be scared then.

I understand you perfectly, and your frustrations, experiences, and the fact that the game was different earlier and what NQ said A did B .. But still, you shouldn't raise "rebellions" .. this is just my advice. How to be up to you.

For the rest, I perfectly understand your situation and the cry from the heart, but in this case you should not "torture yourself" like that.

But yes, the game is changing, and the contingent in the game will also change today, those who liked the game before and those who like the "new" game. Here you are most likely 100% right.

I just don't want people to do stupid things, even if NQ does them. Be smarter than them.?

1 hour ago, Feriniya said:

You just contradict yourself

"I may be toxic but at least my messages make sense."

There is no sense in your message. As I didn’t touch you, it’s better I don’t ... because yes, you don’t carry any sense. As I thought earlier. All the best.

It aint about you or him or me. This thing is going down hard and people cant accept it.

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

It aint about you or him or me. This thing is going down hard and you cant accept it.

A few years back there was a game called Landmark, a lot of people here are familiar because it was kind of the predecessor to DU's voxel engine.

So Landmark went down in a flaming dumpster fire.  And i rode it all the way down.  in the year or two leading up to the end i spent quite a bit of time doing exactly what you're doing, on the Landmark forums.  And looking back, having been 100% correct the entire time, i'm still pretty embarrassed about most of the stuff i said.  The honorable thing to do, would have been to walk away.  Being right doesn't really make me feel any better about acting like an asshole to a bunch of people, at work, trying to do their job.

Anyway if NQ ever gets sold to a Ukrainian money launderer, that's when i'll start to worry lol

33 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

A few years back there was a game called Landmark, a lot of people here are familiar because it was kind of the predecessor to DU's voxel engine.

So Landmark went down in a flaming dumpster fire.  And i rode it all the way down.  in the year or two leading up to the end i spent quite a bit of time doing exactly what you're doing, on the Landmark forums.  And looking back, having been 100% correct the entire time, i'm still pretty embarrassed about most of the stuff i said.  The honorable thing to do, would have been to walk away.  Being right doesn't really make me feel any better about acting like an asshole to a bunch of people, at work, trying to do their job.

Anyway if NQ ever gets sold to a Ukrainian money launderer, that's when i'll start to worry lol

Oh im aware, like many here im also a Neverquest Last: Landfill refugee. I sat in the forum trenches day in day our trying to make suggestions and talking sense there too with people constantly saying trust the cashgrab to sell SoE until the lights went out after EQN "wasnt fun". Same with Crowfall.

Voxel games sound cool in theory but are not practically feasable for at least the next 10 years without limiting how fast you can dig, reasonable world healing, and not just allowing people to sprint through the wall without huge imposed limits unless you go hybrid with a static mesh with voxels overlaid onto the landscape.

26 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Oh im aware, like many here im also a Neverquest Last: Landfill refugee. I sat in the forum trenches day in day our trying to make suggestions and talking sense there too with people constantly saying trust the cashgrab to sell SoE until the lights went out after EQN "wasnt fun". Same with Crowfall.

Voxel games sound cool in theory but are not practically feasable for at least the next 10 years without limiting how fast you can dig, reasonable world healing, and not just allowing people to sprint through the wall without huge imposed limits unless you go hybrid with a static mesh with voxels overlaid onto the landscape.

Nothing will change from your trench wars, so just let them do as they see it, and then either they will succeed - and ok .. or they won't, well, okay, let's go elsewhere. But from the current exclamations, loss of time and nerves, nothing will change, and you have already understood this from your own experience.

Just try to be a little simpler about it.

23 minutes ago, Feriniya said:

Nothing will change from your trench wars, so just let them do as they see it, and then either they will succeed - and ok .. or they won't, well, okay, let's go elsewhere. But from the current exclamations, loss of time and nerves, nothing will change, and you have already understood this from your own experience.

Just try to be a little simpler about it.

You would be surprised how much change you can affect if you actually tried. 

Its not my fault you accept what you are given as it is what it is and sit their complacent and compliant and are happy. That aint me I like talking mechanics and have seen all this industry has to offer in terms of mechanics, pitfalls, etc. I enjoy diving intot he meta its what I do to break up the monotony. Its not you, I get it your just looking for high fives and some kind of cumbiyah singalong as the titanic goes down accepting your fate. 

Im not dumbing anything down for you sorry. 

21 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Its not my fault you accept what you are given as it is what it is and sit their complacent and compliant and are happy. That aint me I like talking mechanics and have seen all this industry has to offer in terms of mechanics, pitfalls, etc. I enjoy diving intot he meta its what I do to break up the monotony. Its not you, I get it your just looking for high fives and some kind of cumbiyah singalong as the titanic goes down accepting your fate.

Yes, I understand you perfectly, only it's not a matter of complaisance .. but in the understanding that the mechanics that are introduced are necessary for the game, otherwise we will drown in tons of garbage. Yes, and already drowned. And also the overproduction of spare parts is crazy. And one and the second breaks the game and its base and economy. Therefore, such changes are simply necessary. That is why I agree with them. That is why I am not on your side either.

Yes, and it wouldn’t be .. if something just didn’t suit me, so it would lead me to protests - I would just leave, why should I waste time and nerves, this is a game and not my family .. I can just cancel subscription and leave anytime - and this is the best lesson and indicator for a developer, since you have so much experience, but for some reason you are just trying to arrange coups .. That mean you dont really go from game.. you just wanna game and devs fallow your way and your understanding.. if not.. you any way not go.. what i can see.. 

Canceling subscriptions and leaving people from the game is an excellent indicator for a developer - in my mind.. And if i realy dont like i just doit..

But if 20 people leave and 500 for example return, then I'm sorry, you were probably wrong. And if it is the other way around, you have nothing to do there, because there will be no people left and you were right. I do not know why you complicate it .. As if you are engaged in mazahism,

"I do not like it, but I will continue to pay to suffer and make coups". you not a tree mate, you can always go where you like..

23 minutes ago, Warlander said:

"You would be surprised how much change you can affect if you actually tried. "

And you are right, but the second factor, I did not come here to play my game or the game of the community, I nevertheless came here to play THEIR game. And I don’t want to change it, they set the rules, I either adapt and grow, or I’m not happy - I’m not ready to pay and I leave.

It's like falling in love with a girl you like, but not accepting her lack of wealth and trying to change her, forcibly, or under pretexts. But you will not achieve anything good, and what is even worse, many beginners after reading your posts will think that ooo horror in the game. But in fact, the game is only getting better, it can be worse for you personally. But the problem is that a beginner takes data from everywhere without having his own experience. Thus, such things are even more often done by the anti-PR of the company, even if they try, and often the community itself kills the project, and not the developer.

So, even if you can change this girl, only she will no longer be the one you fell in love with, too, here too .. I came to play this game from NQ .. and if I make efforts to change the game as I want, I it will get bored and I will quit the game, because it will not be the game that I came from.

I'm not trying to insist .. on something .. you have the right to have your opinion and decision, but the very fact that you would understand how many people have so many opinions and if you think so does not mean that everyone thinks the way you do. All the best to you .. I will not continue the conversation here any longer ..

with my respect.

Practical solution: move to another game, leaving it to most dedicated fanboys to enjoy what ever shit NQ puts on table.

Romantic solution: keep anoying everyone on forums and Discrord hoping something will change fundamentaly.

10 hours ago, Feriniya said:

"You would be surprised how much change you can affect if you actually tried. "

And you are right, but the second factor, I did not come here to play my game or the game of the community, I nevertheless came here to play THEIR game. And I don’t want to change it, they set the rules, I either adapt and grow, or I’m not happy - I’m not ready to pay and I leave.

It's like falling in love with a girl you like, but not accepting her lack of wealth and trying to change her, forcibly, or under pretexts. But you will not achieve anything good, and what is even worse, many beginners after reading your posts will think that ooo horror in the game. But in fact, the game is only getting better, it can be worse for you personally. But the problem is that a beginner takes data from everywhere without having his own experience. Thus, such things are even more often done by the anti-PR of the company, even if they try, and often the community itself kills the project, and not the developer.

So, even if you can change this girl, only she will no longer be the one you fell in love with, too, here too .. I came to play this game from NQ .. and if I make efforts to change the game as I want, I it will get bored and I will quit the game, because it will not be the game that I came from.

I'm not trying to insist .. on something .. you have the right to have your opinion and decision, but the very fact that you would understand how many people have so many opinions and if you think so does not mean that everyone thinks the way you do. All the best to you .. I will not continue the conversation here any longer ..

with my respect.

10 hours ago, Feriniya said:

Yes, I understand you perfectly, only it's not a matter of complaisance .. but in the understanding that the mechanics that are introduced are necessary for the game, otherwise we will drown in tons of garbage. Yes, and already drowned. And also the overproduction of spare parts is crazy. And one and the second breaks the game and its base and economy. Therefore, such changes are simply necessary. That is why I agree with them. That is why I am not on your side either.

Yes, and it wouldn’t be .. if something just didn’t suit me, so it would lead me to protests - I would just leave, why should I waste time and nerves, this is a game and not my family .. I can just cancel subscription and leave anytime - and this is the best lesson and indicator for a developer, since you have so much experience, but for some reason you are just trying to arrange coups .. That mean you dont really go from game.. you just wanna game and devs fallow your way and your understanding.. if not.. you any way not go.. what i can see.. 

Canceling subscriptions and leaving people from the game is an excellent indicator for a developer - in my mind.. And if i realy dont like i just doit..

But if 20 people leave and 500 for example return, then I'm sorry, you were probably wrong. And if it is the other way around, you have nothing to do there, because there will be no people left and you were right. I do not know why you complicate it .. As if you are engaged in mazahism,

"I do not like it, but I will continue to pay to suffer and make coups". you not a tree mate, you can always go where you like..

Im getting tired of reporting all your posts. Please learn how to use the forums. You are literally clicking the wrong button....... 

Screenshot_20211116-073338_Chrome.jpg

The idea that new players are deterred because of the forum is something that comes up occasionally and has never been true. The vast, vast majority of all players never read this forum just like the vast majority of prospective players for any game don't actually research products before they buy...

Have some new players been deterred like this? Maybe sure. But nothing close to statistical relevance. 

And calm down about this being some crime.

There's plenty of serious "virtual" crimes like money laundering, fraud, phishing, child abuse, stalking -- "conspiracy to commit a virtual protest" isn't a thing. There's no way that what was suggested rises to the level of a crime and I'd be offended by the idea that law enforcement ought to use resources to pursue something so inane...granted that's often what they do.  

TLDR: don't be a narc