PREPPING FOR THE GEO RESET - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

1. Will territory tiles on Sanctuary hold the same amount as other planets?
2. Since we can't move Sanctuary Units will every tile on Sanct have the exact same amount of ore?
2. Will L miners work on Sanctuary tiles or only the tiny ones?

Hi Deckard,

After some feedback and explanation I have the impression that you are not taking the time to read our feedback in full.

When I see "There are two important things to note in regard to this change. First, since mining-related talents will become obsolete, those points will be refunded and can be used elsewhere."
I see the Railgun fitting capacity 50000, so for 3 weapon it take 150000 without talents, so now Railgun L capacity handling hightest level are useless, and some other talent link to weapons are useless too. It's not a meta problem, it's just your changes who let us with 3.000.000+ talent points obsolete, AND I JUST TALK ABOUT RAILGUN L, so imagine for the rest.
I see the Control unit capacity handling
etc etc etc...

And you got this problem on so many change you add without thinking about the time people take to up them.

You don't want us to be able to adapt to a new meta? Ok, but then why mining skill are reset? Asteroids are still here for them. I don't understand this contradiction. And we are on a beta, where the whole economy is ruined by the duplication of high-tier voxels, the duplication of objects on the markets, schematics "offered" with market bugs, exploits with challenges, mission warp... All these abuses that haven't corrected on time and some have managed to profit from for months (and I didn't talk about people with 40+ free alt account for mission). We all know you will need to do a total wipe or this imbalance will be preserved. So why make this beta an experiment aimed at testing our mental resistance? xD

Think about people who just enjoy this game, think about people who don't have 40 alt account, we just talk here about talents. Add a button with a high cooldown who allow us to reset them or reset them when you broke their utility.

I love how you take care about carebear and I still love PVP even with all this bugs we have to deal with, but if you don't add gameplay loops other than simple farming, then try not to scare away the few players who remain loyal to you and who make the effort to get into PVP.

18 hours ago, NQ-Deckard said:

Hello Noveans!

Leave your questions, feedback and dad jokes here!

Pity the PTS isn't open again because it would be good to see whether I need help digging out my constructs after modifying them slightly in an effort to make it possible to do it myself without the special tool.

Existing deployed territory units have incurred the usual exponential deployment costs. By changing to a recurring tax, how is the current deployment cost integrated with the new tax? For example, a 4 million Quanta deployment fee paid one month before the beginning of this new tax for that same territory? 

Possibly refund Quanta equal to the difference between what was paid prior to the Demeter update and the new tax, pro-rated by the length of time the territory unit has been deployed.

The construct cube removal tool NQ showed in the video is pretty much worthless for anyone who has spent some time doing proper terraforming and use the landscape as a part of their builds. So I have raised some markers above the ground telling me where to dig.

That is, if there still is a tile to dig out between demeter and the time when the non tax HQ tile feature is released. I took a break from the game because of mining and boring missions, and I for sure won't start playing again just to grind auto bots for paying taxes that give me nothing in return. That's even worse then mining.

So while I can live with having to dig out my tiles, I will most likely call it quits when I start to lose tiles because demeter is released without the tax free HQ part, that we all know will happen because sigh NQ..

1 question:
Will building in space ever been taxed one day?

1 requirement:
Full talents reset for everyone or no reset at all for 2 obvious reasons:

1- what if i didnt like the mining mechanics, but do like the new one, i would i have made a complete different choice in experience point spending (7month to max out a talent tree!)

2- only resetting mining talents for people who got a lot in those, give all those players at Demeter start, an enormous advantage, specially if some new talents linked to automatic mining, and with those taxes coming and now the enormous pressure for random players to weekly earn enough to not loose our work

Unless your goal is to keep loosing players, then having raise once more the subscription fee because you aren't reaching financial goals and then bankrupt the company
I also have the feeling now some loot crates with element skins are on its way, we already have the invite a friend disgusting program proving it

14 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

So while I can live with having to dig out my tiles, I will most likely call it quits when I start to lose tiles because demeter is released without the tax free HQ part, that we all know will happen because sigh NQ..

Both the tax system and the HQ tile idea really are not bad as a mechanic, but as per the usual, NQ is rushing this, not taking time to consider options, get actual feedback and consider that, theitterate and come out with refined ideas. It's almost literally throwing stuff at the wall in the hopees something will stick.

The whole HQ tile idea as it seems to be now has many problems by itself and is prone to abuse in so many ways but yes, introducting Demeter without them is probably even worse, but this is all stop gap "slap a band-aid on and hope the bleeding stops" while NQ is already onto the patch following Demeter internally I am pretty sure and this has no focus at all for them. And so, the mountain of technical debt keeps getting higher and higher.

A few points of attention please NQ...

• A lot of old players like myself have paid 10 to 100 of millions of tax quanta while claiming territory. I think we should be reimbursed for the number of tiles we have in our possession.
  • Don't just reset mining skills, reset ALL skills points (See Jeronimo's post with legit reasons a few above this post).
  • Don't give us the excavation tool for a few weeks... the tool might be used for other purposes...

1 hour ago, Saedow said:

A few points of attention please NQ...

• A lot of old players like myself have paid 10 to 100 of millions of tax quanta while claiming territory. I think we should be reimbursed for the number of tiles we have in our possession.
  • Don't just reset mining skills, reset ALL skills points (See Jeronimo's post with legit reasons a few above this post).
  • Don't give us the excavation tool for a few weeks... the tool might be used for other purposes...

There's a problem with reimbursing for tiles currently claimed because some of us have already released lots of tiles without getting the quanta we paid for them back.

How would it be fair?

What the results of the GEO reset will be is mostly cubic holes cut out of the landscape in many places.

Taking this opportunity and doing a clean wipe with blueprints returned and talent points back in the pool would have been much better for this patch. Frankly it was quite clear from the VLOG this was part of the discussion internally but I guess NQ did not have the balls to  pull the trigger on that one which is a real shame and this may have been the best opportunity for them to do it, with I expect much that would potentially justify that call going to be pushed beyond "release".

Does anyone know what will happen to dynamic constructs that are in underground bases when the patch hits? Will they be destroyed? Will they pop to the surface? Or will they have to be dug out (but remain in damaged)?

My corp has like 30 of them in our large base but I don’t have access to fly all of them, and drag moving from deep underground will take an absolute age.

1 hour ago, Shredder said:

Does anyone know what will happen to dynamic constructs that are in underground bases when the patch hits? Will they be destroyed? Will they pop to the surface? Or will they have to be dug out (but remain in damaged)?

Of course nobody knows. Because NQ has neither said what will happen or given people enough time to find out on PTS.

So most likely NQ don't even know themself, and whatever happens will be some happenstance when old and new game features collide on the servers.

And if NQ do know what will happen, where is the post/video explaining the details so that players can prepare ahead of time?

6 hours ago, Saedow said:

Agreed

6 hours ago, Saedow said:

We are not getting any tools. NQ wil press a button which removes planetary voxel material from the build area of the core we made our base with.. there is no "tool".

all the button NQ presses does is take a cubic chunk out of the planet.

49 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

We are not getting any tools. NQ wil press a button which removes planetary voxel material from the build area of the core we made our base with.. there is no "tool".

all the button NQ presses does is take a cubic chunk out of the planet.

Yeah.. And NQ knows this is a bad solution, to the point that they even admitted in the VLOG that they are surprised there is so little noise about the issue.

But that is mostly because players are so worried about the tax issue, that having to dig out your construct seems trivial in comparison.

You know. Hide the bad with something worse..