Don't Be Surprised...

Creator

When NQ removes the safezone around Alioth, Thades and Madis... or simply makes the safezone Alioth and Sanct only. Why?

Because if the player numbers drop enough they will continue to herd us into smaller and smaller corners of the game itself to make it appear less dead than it really is.
They will say that it was never intended that anything outside of Sanctuary was ever meant to be safe permanently.
They will also say that for those that want to build and do it safely, they need to be on sanctuary... ( something they are already saying).

They will also probably find a way to justify removing full planets from the system... claiming they don't have the resources to really finish them (which they probably don't), and that the ore they offer is redundant... and (like asteroid spawn timer) they want to create more activity around a smaller area of gameplay space to create more pvp and activity.

See where this is going? I think we all do... so don't be surprised... the only question is will the game die before or after we see this happen.

The second they do that they lose all the small orgs and new players when mega orgs take any chance of progression and there is no point to playing if you cant progress. Their community is dying as is and they are just shooting themselves in the foot after they shoot any chance of sucess in reviving this game post launch in the head.

Solid plan brah.

Had they launched 3-4 solarsystems as servers and connected them and made each a sepperate faction I would say sure no safe zones need to go as you would have factions and Orgs as different guilds under the same flag and pvp would happen oragnically but at this point Territory Wars will be the end of this game.

35 minutes ago, Creator said:

They will say that it was never intended that anything outside of Sanctuary was ever meant to be safe permanently.

Actually, originally in the beginning, when I backed the game, the safe zone was only supposed to be a relatively small area (20km) around the Arkship on Alioth and nothing more. There was no stupid "Sanctuary moon" and the ridiculous 150su safe zone which we have now ...

1 minute ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Actually, originally in the beginning, when I backed the game, the safe zone was only supposed to be a relatively small area (20km) around the Arkship on Alioth and nothing more. There was no stupid "Sanctuary moon" and the ridiculous 150su safe zone which we have now ...

Yep absolutley, but as you can see this game is no where near ready or able to do that without culling 90%+ of it's players and actually give any value in return.

1 minute ago, Haunty said:

Obviously no one should be surprised about any changes. Especially in alpha/beta. Should really only join an alpha/beta if you can handle it, but many can't.

Well... I acted according when they called it an alpha... and then I played the game as a beta as they stated it was... of course they are still treating it like an alpha.

NQ made a commitment to the Alioth/Madis/Thadees safeezone being a permanent fixture shortly after beta started, they announced it during several interviews with streamers and in the vlogs at the time. It was a choice based on input form some groups who pretty much decided to try and change the way NQ pitched the game initially, to suit their own needs and pressed hard on it. NQ caved.

More recently NQ wanted to start making changes to orgs which would deal with wildgrowth and massive abuse of loopholes where orgs could gain acceess to massive amounts of cores and build big.. and high.. some orgs publically threatened to pull out if NQ did this and NQ caved again.. the orgs left anyway it seems.

Now, with unlimited resources there is no need to leave the safezone for anyone who does not _really_ want to. And the same big orgs can now, probably for free, pick and choose the tiles with th best resources and claim them, never to worry about resources again..

Way to go  NQ.. way to go..

8 hours ago, Creator said:

When NQ removes the safezone around Alioth, Thades and Madis... or simply makes the safezone Alioth and Sanct only. Why?

Because if the player numbers drop enough they will continue to herd us into smaller and smaller corners of the game itself to make it appear less dead than it really is.
They will also say that for those that want to build and do it safely, they need to be on sanctuary... ( something they are already saying).

They will also probably find a way to justify removing full planets from the system... claiming they don't have the resources to really finish them (which they probably don't), and that the ore they offer is redundant... and (like asteroid spawn timer) they want to create more activity around a smaller area of gameplay space to create more pvp and activity.

See where this is going? I think we all do... so don't be surprised... the only question is will the game die before or after we see this happen.

Well, actually, they promised on kickstarter that nothing but the sanctuary would be safe, so it's not news, even if that happens. You obviously do not know the history of the game and for what people gave money. And in the plan they do not work on the planets, why then did they remake jago for the upcoming update along with talemai? Why then are they doing biome animations? Why do you assert that they do not do anything for the planets? .. And also why then did they take valuable ores outside the safe zone, if they want to remove them from your logic. And I will tell you why, because those planets are in PvP space, and the planets beyond the outer circle will not be safe on the surface either, we are preparing for the atmosphere of PvP and territorial wars.

7 hours ago, Haunty said:

Obviously no one should be surprised about any changes. Especially in alpha/beta. Should really only join an alpha/beta if you can handle it, but many can't.

Fully agree.. thats why this is alpha\beta version.. if cannot hold big changed- pls come to game after release .. You are right. But any way after release also game will be always change - this is online mmo with sub.. always change. Maybe not so big changes but always rebalance and make new changes

7 hours ago, Creator said:

Well... I acted according when they called it an alpha... and then I played the game as a beta as they stated it was... of course they are still treating it like an alpha.

Do you have somewhere certified by natarius or legally the concept of the terms alpha / beta? What is alpha and beta in your understanding? Do you understand that these are all just marketing labels and nothing more?

57 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

NQ made a commitment to the Alioth/Madis/Thadees safeezone being a permanent fixture shortly after beta started, they announced it during several interviews with streamers and in the vlogs at the time. It was a choice based on input form some groups who pretty much decided to try and change the way NQ pitched the game initially, to suit their own needs and pressed hard on it. NQ caved.

More recently NQ wanted to start making changes to orgs which would deal with wildgrowth and massive abuse of loopholes where orgs could gain acceess to massive amounts of cores and build big.. and high.. some orgs publically threatened to pull out if NQ did this and NQ caved again.. the orgs left anyway it seems.

Now, with unlimited resources there is no need to leave the safezone for anyone who does not _really_ want to. And the same big orgs can now, probably for free, pick and choose the tiles with th best resources and claim them, never to worry about resources again..

Way to go NQ.. way to go..

At the expense of organizations, they did not give up, they only said that we would think over solutions to this problem, since large organizations will have to lose everything that they have built from infrastructure and there are new loopholes even not for large organizations with the new system. Therefore, they only moved, and did not give up, look carefully at the map, before the end of the year, it seems like changes in organizations are written in the map.

44 minutes ago, Feriniya said:

Do you have somewhere certified by natarius or legally the concept of the terms alpha / beta? What is alpha and beta in your understanding? Do you understand that these are all just marketing labels and nothing more?

Based on those ears in your profile pick looks like you are a hardcore NQ-Pann fan... so there is no need to debate further with you, nothing productive could come of it. You assume a lot about me based on little info. Enjoy.

8 hours ago, Feriniya said:

They are not marketing labels actually. They are industry standard milstones in (software0 development. NQ is actually the party who is using the  "beta" label for marketing purposes while their proiduct is still very much in alpha by the generally accepted definition of the term. NQ just tagged the label onto a next patch, regardless of what state the overall development is/was in at the time.

Alpha Software Definition (techterms.com)
While the above is just one site describing the terms, they do describe it as it is generally accepted and used.

here is what Wikipedia has to say..
Software release life cycle - Wikipedia

8 hours ago, Feriniya said:

Well, actually, they promised on kickstarter that nothing but the sanctuary would be safe, so it's not news, even if that happens. You obviously do not know the history of the game and for what people gave money.

Nope, YOU obviously don't know the history.the arkship secure area (ASA) was always a thing and right from the start a 20km radius was deemed safe around the ark

3 minutes ago, Lethys said:

Nope, YOU obviously don't know the history.the arkship secure area (ASA) was always a thing and right from the start a 20km radius was deemed safe around the ark

True

How ever also other sanctuary areas were possible. It were not defined how big or small they would be and how many of them.

- they would be introduced before or after release

Also "sanctuary units", with protection bubbles were to come. Those would need upkeep to maintain their protection.

At kick-starter (or supporter packs) we were also promised 2 STU:s (Sanctuary territory units)
- only one STU per planet.

- more STUs per planet were possible to have by talents.

Sanctuary moon were introduced later.

- no ores available

22 hours ago, Creator said:

Still really confused why everyone talks about this game like it is live?  It is a beta, which hasnt launched yet, I think about it purely in terms of how it will play when it actually goes live.  I dont care about my stuff now, why would I?  I dont care about population now, why would I?

I hope they do remove it, it was never supposed to be there.

23 hours ago, Creator said:

Getting back to the OP, if there is a change here, it does make playing more difficult when large changes keep impacting the gaming environment. I dont care if we call this alpha, beta, gamma, gold or dead, this is making a substatnial change that has a massive impact on how everyone is playing. If changes of this scale are on the table, I'd wait to put any serious time into it or we will constantly be pivoting. 

Real life example, if I am starting a business and 6 months later, the rules change to make that business now in a downtown area with a massive tax, I have to pivot and costs time and money. If things aren't stabilized, that's fine but it would have been nice to know.

16 hours ago, Feriniya said:

Well, actually, they promised on kickstarter that nothing but the sanctuary would be safe, so it's not news, even if that happens. You obviously do not know the history of the game and for what people gave money.

Problem is that the "official" statements for the game has now changed many times, so what you expect and what was promised all depends on when you joined..

5 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Problem is that the "official" statements for the game has now changed many times, so what you expect and what was promised all depends on when you joined..

Exactly... we have reached a point where NQ's word is pointless and without value... trust has been broken countless times.
NQ's behavior is worse than giving a child a hammer and a bag full of cans of spray paint and letting them loose in a museum.