DEMETER Q&A VLOG - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

If brake obstruction is coming back, please give us advance warning as to the directionality as well as release date.

When it accidently got patched in, The obstruction area was NOT where the yellow arrows show that it should be, so even "correctly" placed elements stopped working.

Thanks.

Tordan

I think it's wrong that you have to claim a tile first and there is a 14 day delay before I can clear a core.
I am a miner and a vulture. I regularly fly around looking for abandoned cores and clean them up. So now I would first have to clain a tile (pay tile claim costs and tax) without knowing what is in the cores. With the risk that the existing owner will come back and take everything away.
Make the time a little longer after not paying the tax and as soon as the tile is unclaind, the cores are immediately abandoned and lootable.

Thanks for the video.... sounds like we have a few weeks to get ready for Demeter, that's great ?

Please would you tell us how many HQ tiles we will be able to have tax-free?

Also is there a limit to the number of planets they can be spread across?

Are free HQ tiles available to organisations as well as to individuals?

It would be really helpful to know this as soon as possible so that we can plan and be ready for Demeter.

40 minutes ago, DutchEasyGamer said:

I think it's wrong that you have to claim a tile first and there is a 14 day delay before I can clear a core.
I am a miner and a vulture. I regularly fly around looking for abandoned cores and clean them up. So now I would first have to clain a tile (pay tile claim costs and tax) without knowing what is in the cores. With the risk that the existing owner will come back and take everything away.
Make the time a little longer after not paying the tax and as soon as the tile is unclaind, the cores are immediately abandoned and lootable.

There should be no reward without risk, I think if they claim abandoned land they should even pay extra without knowing what is in the piñata.

I'm not a fan of the tile claiming wait period. I think someone is using a game mechanic to paper over technical laziness and is not willing to spend the cycles to find constructs to automatically abandon after the tax debt grace period.

Speaking to @DutchEasyGamer's concerns a little about having to wait; I'd say that the wait is yet another barrier to having fun in-the-moment. If I'm out flying around and discover something, I want to interact with it and feel like I've seized an opportunity, not just started a timer.

I've not heard this talked about, but if the owners don't have active subscriptions, the automatic abandonment should be a no-brainer at minimum. Maybe I've missed commentary on this topic specifically, so feel free to throw links at me.

I put this comment on the video, but repeating it here since it is the official response thread.

The question about what happens to dynamic constructs when a territory becomes vacant was not actually answered. The answer became about static constructs. Please clarify the result for dynamic constructs. I have an assumption about what the answer is, but it would be great to hear it specifically from NQ.

Edit: What @DontPanic said! :)

Edited by willolake
give credit to dynamic construct question

7 minutes ago, Mucus said:
  • The time for claiming a static construct should be longer  when a territory is lost and should send an email notification to the previous owning player. If you just can't or don't login how will you know. If someone goes on holiday for 2 weeks which is quite normal they have to login while they are on vacation . Think this through more. make it 18 days or something allowing people to take holidays .
  • What happens if i have to go somewhere to work for a longer period, say 6 weeks, and i am a single player. Your basically saying don't play dual universe.

On PTS you could put up to 13 weeks of quanta into the tile wallets, so you can at least take 13 weeks off from the game at no risk. After that it is unknown (at least I don't know) how long time the tile will be "inactive" (no mining or industry working) before it's actually lost. And only after that can another player claim the tile and start the two week requisition countdown. TBH I don't see a problem with the time frames

It'd be great to post a short transcript of relevant Q&As. 

An hour long video is okay...but you can't really blame anyone for not wanting to sit through this.

If this is the only medium of communication, make it more to the point...do some editing. I'm sorry but it's not super entertaining or funny, it's meandering. Or keep doing it in this format, but give us a summary in text. 

Here's a not-so-quick summary, I'm sure others can do it better:

1. They don't want to reset all talents because "that would mean we have to reset talents all the time!" and they feel people should be "locked in"...Which isn't what the player base is saying at all, but okay. 
  2. New vertex complexity meter -- so more build limits coming down the line, but not here yet. 
  3. Brake change reverted (already mentioned), but changes will come. Seems like they have some branch management issues. 
  4. Scans will show old information (will show resources that don't exist anymore). So....all old scans are defunct? 
  5. No real feedback about mining -- not going to make it more intuitive (idk about minigame) and yeah resources are infinite which we knew.
  6. Chicken and egg with T3 ore and DSAT..."we'll get back to you" --> guess they never thought about this somehow lol
  7. Some whining about "we can't win with this" regarding scans is annoying to me
    1. they can find a solution -- it's called planning ahead instead of this "let's just push it out and see" approach.
    2. Take some responsibility for your poor planning -- that's the root cause, not that "players are divided about what to do" in regards to keeping scans or making them all worthless. It's their problem created from their radically changing design and poor plans. 
  8. They are increasing asteroid spawns in safe zones, but not the spawn time frame. 
  9. Surface mining on unclaimed tiles is fine (other than sanctuary) 
  10. Higher tier ore is not "deliberately excluded" from pools, "should be present on outer planets". More rare. 
  11. Any LUA APIs on mining units? 4 new functions (maybe) to query state/rate/ore/territory pool. 
  12. Taxes...
    1. They need the resource sinks they say, because "resources are now unlimited". I don't think they've actually though about what "unlimited" means, because they are rate-limited. They are unlimited like gold in WoW is "unlimited" --> it's still finite because time is finite, the well just won't tap out. The prices of ores will change of course. 
    2. They are considering some free "HQ" hexes that won't be taxed and can be used on any planet. That would solve a lot of issues. "We might add it to Demeter, maybe not". Clearly they need this for Demeter. 
    3. They seem confident that the revenue of mining will be plenty to pay for taxes -- seems they don't expect ore prices to change. We'll see if that's true.
    4. Static/Dynamic constructs will become salvageable if parked on tile that changes ownership after "2 weeks", could be changed -- so there's a bit of a waiting period before you can requisition constructs
  13. Future plans -- new roadmap in early 2022
  14. Increasing the price of the sub.
    1. If you want to pay $6.99/month, you must sub for a year.
    2. But they are introducing a 1 month plan at $9.99/month 

I want to remind NQ that this is a paid game, so players don't treat it the same as they would a typical beta. Nor should they.

A lot of reminding us "this is just a first iteration" etc. -- well...throwing it up and waiting to see how it goes isn't a great idea for any paid game. Especially when you're increasing prices. It isn't like this "push and see how it goes" approach is how games are normally designed, especially an MMO! 

It would maybe be fine for closed alpha, but that's not where we are. 

Some thoughts and concerns regarding HQ tiles

1) Don't make it per org, then we'll just end up with the creating multiple orgs to claim land scenario all over again. Maybe even restrict HQ tiles to player owned tiles only?

2) HQ tiles should probably be reduced to 0 L/h for all ores. No taxes, no ore

3) There should probably be some system in place to hinder using HQ tiles for strategic gains. I'm thinking claiming tax free HQ tiles for the purpose of selling them/renting them out etc. Maybe HQ tiles should have a much longer release cooldown or something along those lines.

4) Personally I would currently rather have fewer HQ tiles per planet instead of more global HQ tiles. Or a compromise of, lets say 5, tiles on a planet/moon of your choice plus 1 tile per planet for outposts

I appreciate the additional safe space asteroids so I can get out there and get my occasional mining fix. I do wish that they were a bit more enjoyable to mine though. Last time I did one it didn't really feel like it was worth my time. At least not for T1 ore. Would it be possible to maybe keep the total ore count but make the nodes fewer and bigger?

With the prospect of (hopefully cheaper) T2 DSATs I might almost consider throwing a scrappy ship together and go try my luck on some PVP space asteroids

Other than that I want to thank you for making this video, please keep doing these QA videos ?

Additionally, I'd like to propose a compromise to the pre-demeter scans are useful vs useless issue. Keep with what you're currently doing i.e. old scans will be updated to include the new ore pool. However in X time, say 6 months, reshuffle the seed for the ore generation on live servers (while giving us plenty of notice ofc). This way the hard work of scanning will have paid off but soon will come a time where everyone will be on somewhat equal footing

Tbh, that could honestly be a regular thing. I remember back in Star Wars galaxies the ore constantly moved around and you had to follow it for the most profit. Now that was a bit too often IIRC, but with a permanent seed you risk a fully scanned system where there are no chance for a new player to strike gold

Regardless, I'd try to be very careful how you communicate "permanent" and "forever" regarding current tile contents. Just to keep your options open going forward

just watched video, still have concerns:

HQ will not be rolled out at same time as Demeter,  so i will be taxed on my claim which i can not afford as i am not a miner.  So i will lose my current territory and have to move my buildings.   Can you roll out Demeter and set taxes to 0 until the HQ rolls out?  Then when you finalize the HQ portion you activate the taxes. 

You mentioned in the video that a  player can just move their static constructs to sanctuary if they dont want taxes, or if they come back after a break and find their land has been claimed,  BUT you provide no easy way for a player to actually move the static construct.  Placing down static construct blueprints in this game is a joke.  There is no easy way to see which way your building is facing or no easy way to adjust dept of the building bp.   If the building is very large you also run into problems with linked containers not being able to hold all the materials needed to place the BP.  You provide no easy way to remove the voxels and elements into a container.  How difficult would it be to add a selection on core menu that allows you to remove all voxels and elements into your linked container instead of making us slowly delete sections of the core until it is all cleared and hope to god you did not miss a microvoxel.  Please stop adding things to the game that will require us to move our static constructs without FIRST providing us with an easy way for us to accomplish

this.

The video was nice to watch, and also was informative.

There are 3 points where I need to give or get input:

1 - Dawn of Demeter / Nvidia "Geforce Now" Client Unavailability

I am a little bitt concerned about not having enough time o harvest some mega nodes on some of my territories because DU is sill unavailable for login inside tha Nvidia Geforce Now game client.

I am also concerned of not being able to place constructs inside the huge cavity I am working on since over a year for my future underground base. If I have not ime enough o place sructures there to get the NQ team to excavate, I will lose all the dug-out cavity I did during the last year.

Therefore, my question is, when DU will become available again inside the Nvidia Geforce Now game client. Many players are using this client. Can we get some estimations when we can play DU again and prepare for Demeter?

2 - Demeter - Territory Tax - Suggestion
Why would the territory tax amount not be depending on the yield amount of that territory? This way, tax-free no-value territories would mostly be used for HQs, while yieldful territories would predominantly be used for mining. Also, tax-free terriories should not allow mining drones at all.

Low-yield territories would be cheaper to own as the earning is lower, while high-yield territories would have that announced sky-high tax of 1 million of hard-to-come-by quantas. This way, a player who couldn't claim any high-yield territory, would not be in financial tax disadvantage to those orgs that hold many high-yield territories. Like in real life, property tax depends on property value (in our case: ore yield amount).

3 - DSAT & T3 Ore
I do not see the problem here. Is T3 ore not available on many planets? I believe, it is possible o acquire T3 ore on several planets and then becoming able to build DSATs. T3 ore does not exist on asteroids alone...
But that is just my opinion...

DU - Error 06.png

3 hours ago, DontPanic said:

Thanks for the video, unfortunately they skipped the point that concerns the procedure with the dynamic constructs.

Dynamic constructs are not tied to a tile like static, so there woud not be a change there

I usually am not very active on the forums, but I decided I wanted to help combat some of the "hate" people have been spreading about this update and I'll do it in multiple sections to make it easier. I'll also bring some things up that have been put on the back burner, but I believe should be addressed sooner rather than when they become a major issue again.

TAXES

Opinion: 1 million quanta in this game is not nearly as much as most people think. If you log in for 7 days, you just paid for your territory tax for a single tile on top of the free one on sanctuary. You do not have to do a single thing other than log in then back out to earn the money for a territory of your choosing. This being said, NQ can easily change the rate after implementing the system and seeing what does happening instead of everyone guessing what might happen. Arguing about the rate before it is even implemented is not useful since everything will remain an "if." 

Territory Loss

Opinion: The game NEEDS this. We have way too many tiles claimed and too many obtrusive constructs owned by players who left the game. This is making the game feel abandoned in some areas instead of simply "unexplored" or "potentially useful" in those areas. These abandoned cities and towers and outposts are discouraging clutter and need to go. We also do need the system to continue purging abandoned materials from land. For the health and enjoyment for the active players and to attract new ones, we need this system. 

Suggestion: I'm not sure of the capabilities of linking in-game information to external registered accounts, but I believe we are seeing more and more need for a external connection to certain information. This territory loss mechanic is the largest need so far. We really do need a way by email to receive a notification of an abandoned tile construct being marked for excavation by another player. If someone is taking a break from the game but still has their active subscription and maybe ran out of tax funds, they shouldn't have to log in continuously to make sure their constructs aren't marked for excavation. A simple email notification from an in-game connection to it would go miles for relieving players of their worries and would be less deterring for players to branch out. I'll address another crucial need for this system under Player Communication.

Brakes

Opinion: To those complaining about new obstruction: I'm sorry, but move on. The obstruction arrows and indicators have been on the elements since the beginning of Beta. You should have known better and cannot act surprised that they are fixing what has clearly been a bug for ages. 

Question: Are we going to see the intended animation for the air brakes at some point?

Question: Will the obstruction areas be changed for the air brakes? Currently the area is towards the front of the model, but wouldn't they logically open upwards and it not matter what's in front of them so long as they can open?

Mining

Opinion: I'm on board with all the changes honestly. I will not miss digging holes being the most profitable source of income. Also thank you for increasing asteroids in the safe zone because the current 12-ish was definitely NOT enough. I get it low risk is low reward, but we're just talking wanting some tier 1 and 2 ore. My only complaint with the mining changes is some of the tier 2 ore scarcity is a little too extreme. Out of over 50 tiles on Alioth absolutely zero of them had any tier 2 or 3. I get it for the tier 3+ maybe this scarcity will make the game more interesting. However, the bare necessity of this game is fuel, specifically space fuel. How are people supposed to play the game if you can only make space fuel to start exploring on less than 2% of the tiles. This is too extreme. As for a scan wipe, I don't personally care. It's better to not wipe and see how it goes and maybe wipe and regenerate the ore pools later than to wipe it and then realize you shouldn't have.

Suggestion: We need more tier 2 ore in the ore pools. New players can't play this game if they have to scan 100 tiles to start making fuel to start playing the rest of the game. Sure they could theoretically buy space fuel, but that's not going to be affordable for new players if there's, again, less than 2% of tiles ever capable of producing it on the entire main planet.

Suggestion: Keep the majority of asteroids spawning on the weekend if that's the route you think is best, but maybe make some spawn during the week (unannounced). You could potentially try and use the ratio of online players. Example: if you have 70 players online Friday-Sunday and 30 online Monday-Thursday then 70% of the weekly asteroids spawn on the weekend and 30% spawn during the week. 

Mining Units

Opinion: The current production method is rather ridiculous that you're required to have tier 3 ore to be able to mine tier 3 ore. You mention it's a "chicken and egg" situation, but this is a game where you (Devs) can change what turns into a chicken. 

Suggestion: Just make the mining units function as the industry units do that works fairly well. Basic mining units can mine basic and uncommon ore to make the next one up. Uncommon mining units can mine basic, uncommon, and advanced ore to make the next unit up. Seems to make sense to me since you've already implemented this system with industry and it works pretty well in my opinion.

Subscription Price Increase

Opinion: Fine by me. I was afraid you were about to start charging up to $15 a month which would be absurd. $9.99 USD for a single month and if you buy a year it's still only $6.99 USD? As a few friends of mine constantly repeat and is still true: if you sacrifice two *insert popular coffee brand name here* drinks per month you just got 30 days access to a fully customizable sci-fi server world.

Now onto some older business that has, in my opinion, gotten pushed to the back of discussions

Warp Drives

Opinion: Love the speed reduction in making it feel like a real journey again instead of it being 5 seconds and you're at the farthest place you can get in this world. You could probably slow it down even more and I'd be okay with it even at 1,000,000 km/h instead of 2,500,000 km/h. My only sadness is with the still removed Lua functionality. 

Suggestion: After all the balances and adjustments to prevent PVP exploitation, and maybe one or two more to prevent unfair auto-warp, can we please get warp drive control back through Lua? What might help is if there is a way to prevent warp activation through Lua just in the PVP zone to stop the auto-warp on radar contact. There are so many projects I had to throw in a box and pack away for later because we don't have warp drive control anymore. The biggest problem I have with the system right now is there's NO way to block people from dropping out of warp on a ship they have access to. Would be real nice to un-bind alt+j from stopping warp at the very least so we can remove users ability to forcibly bring a ship into PVP space that we coded to not allow users to do. . If we could have full Lua control back that would be even better to make cool warp control scripts for more immersion. 

Question: Are we getting Lua control back someday?

Industry in General

Opinion: Please for the love of Novea fix these talent applications. I have some seriously cool projects I'm working on for industry display and control, but this guessing game of which talents are currently being applied to the schematics and how are they affecting the schematics and which version am I looking at is insanity. Sometimes efficiency skills reduce time, but sometimes it increases its production output and then also requires more material at a certain unknown threshold. Some talents are applying when looking at a schematic in the machine and some won't show their affect until you already started it and who knows which ones did what. 

Suggestion: Please just add a way for us to query a schematic's adjusted time, input, and output before and after talents and/or show us in the schematic info panel inside the industry unit what is happening from which talents. If you feel extra nice it would be great to have a blog/forum post somewhere as to how in the world they are supposed to be calculated to be able to figure out what materials we'll need for what without having to build the entire factory and start the machines first. 

Markets

Opinion: API when? With all these changes coming to ore acquisition which will help stabilize markets with static ore influx rates, we could really use something to get market data in game instead of all these semi-allowed "market log file readers" floating around. 

Suggestion: Lua API for highest buy/sell order, lowest buy/sell order, and average buy/sell order values and amounts for target item please. Would be even cooler if you added a planet ID parameter where if left blank it will query the entire market but if specified it will only query the data from the specified planetary body's markets. 

DRM Flag System

Opinion: Love it. I just want more control over it. Right now there is no way to sell someone a protected script. The only way to do so is to put the script on a new construct, DRM protect it, and sell the entire construct. There's no way currently to sell someone a protected script to add to an existing construct. If you think there's a work around through trading/tokenization/flag activation/deactivation/trading, there isn't trust me. I've tried every method and the buyer can always open and edit/take the script.

Suggestion: Please add a way to DRM a programming board with the Lua script on it. They have "dynamic properties" so is it difficult to add a DRM to one of those dynamic properties to communicate with the DRM flags when placed down after trading? 

Element Destruction

Opinion: The ownership loss on core destruction was obviously a terrible idea especially in the game's current state. Great for PVP and makes sense, but terrible for flying around the safe zone on planets. I don't fully understand why cores are no longer destroyed on ground collision anymore since they were previously before that PTS version and didn't result in the loss of your ship. Also what happened to recyclers actually recycling? I digress. I have some suggestions on how to bring all this back in a healthy way.

Suggestion: Before addressing the core lives and ownership loss, maybe just throw in element lives on the other stuff first. It would help the economy a lot to make people replace their wings after crashing so many times. 3 lives is definitely a little too harsh given the current game state. Maybe start off with 10 until it's more stable from all the client crashes. That may seem like too many lives to some, but we have infinite right now for collisions in the safe zone so 10 is better. 

Suggestion: Allow recyclers to break elements back down into parts based on lives. if an element requires 20 screw and has 9/10 lives left, allow it to be broken down for 18 of the 20 original screws. If an element takes a single large reinforced frame, then if its missing a life, the frame is damaged so you don.t get the 1 item back. Basically if the percent of lives left multiplied by the number of parts is less than 1, you don't get any of that part back because all of them are damaged. 

Suggestion: For core destruction, first of all, maybe there's a way to introduce another "type" of damage? So you have thermal damage/resistance, electromagnetic, and others. Maybe add another type call "structural" damage/resistance. This is so that the PVP damage and environmental damage are separately controllable by you guys (Devs). A core unit could have a much higher structural resistance so that core loss is more likely in PVP rather than accidentally crashing into a rock. A laser should be able to do much more damage to a core than a lump of snow. Secondly, maybe put a timer for ownership loss in the safe zone? This might be harder to implement since it would need to have different mechanics in the safe zone vs PVP zone, but it would be logical. If you blow the core on your ship, you already get a waypoint to where you died so add a 24 or 48 hours timer to it when it blows in the safe zone so you can decide if its worth going back for and can without losing everything.

Player Communications

Opinion: We really need a way to leave messages for players and/or be notified of communications outside the game. 

Suggestion: As I mentioned earlier in Territory Loss we really need some connection between in-game and out-of-game. Would be nice to get an email when someone wants to reach out to you in game or simply when you get a friend request. Would also be super useful if we had an inbox to send/check messages with for when you need to talk to someone who isn't online. Discord just isn't good enough since there's no guarantee they have the same name on Discord as the person you're trying to reach out to in game.

Energy Management

Question: Is this still a future thing?

Suggestion: This should be a thing.

Shoutout to @NQ-Deckard for being the Lua master who probably has all the answers and good luck reading all this Deckard/Pann :)

Keep going with the video Q&As I love these and it's why I decided to be involved on the forums again. You might need a whole other video just from my questions/suggestion in this one post!

Overal thoughts..

"Not expected outcome" on PTS changes was funny. It just shows NQ does not know their own product or their community very well

Geometry reset not main issue. Of course not, it is fairly minor and really roo small an action

The argument to not allow respec of talents is silly, NQ is basically still in alpha and making big changes here which justifes a full respec. The argument that you do not want to allow a respec every patch is not valid here as this is a major patch with deep changes.

Why is NQ saying the scans remain valid when they will not be as per this QA. 

Unlimited ore now? That ends the need for many to ever leave Alioth and will make big orgs and those with deep pockets thanks to exploits mass claim tiles from their existing infrastructure and availability of ships. Also, with T4/T5 ore now beiong nore sparse and on outerplanets, once big orgs grab them they have unlimited supply. This change pretty much undermines the core of DU from my POV

The typical "you do not understand" dismissal of valid concerns about mining (locations). "once you understand it wil lbe easy" mean you do not actually listen to yoru communities concerns.

Lovely how Pann pretty much describes alpha state game development (put something out htere and see how it works). NQ should really readjust their develolp;ment state an dbe honest about it.

Wipe/no wipe should not be a matter of discussion for NQ, changes like coming now during development ask for a wipe and NQ should grow a pair and pull the trigger on a wipe.

TAXES

• Of course taxes are a big issue. It's a sensible idea, badly designed. Again, NQ being seemingly surprised by this shows they really do not hink these things through on a level beyond their own bubble.
  • Taxes "to avoid land grabbing" was funny, I laughed so hgard. It will actually drive it as people with a lot fo currency will do exactly that to secure their unlimited supply of ore. Which is the very reason why a full wipe is needed on such a massive shift in core game design.
  • Aquisitioning static constructs on a tile once the ownershipo expires and is claimed by another player makes sense but there needs to be a longer period for which you can pay taxes. If people have to be absent for longer they need to be able to not have to get back to the game while they can't OR be able to assign others to pay the tax while retaining ownership.
  • Allowing one tax free tile per player will allow big orgs to combine tile ownership of members and own massive swats of tiles at no cost. This needs to be addressed/balanced.

PRICING:

• Frankly.. I called this one and do not see much of an issue with it. I do not expect it to make much of a difference now though, it woudl have if these prices were what NQ started with
  • The spin on the price increase is hilarious "you can still pay $7/month but you need to pay for a year in advance". In other  words, "please make a long term commitment to the game"
  • The pricing uses insane exchange rates in some cases

COST CUTTING

• The spin from Pann on the cost cutting by NQ is silly and shows a complete misunderstanding of the comments she refers to. It pretty much also exposes the massive disconnect there is between NQ and the community.
  • NQ needs to stop making excuses and trying to spin their need to cut cost as a positive.

Lastly;
People saying a NQ staffer should "die in a fire" in any sort of way should result in an insta ban and it should not be laughed off during a Q&A. I've been berated and threatened by NQ staff with bans for far, far less. Pann should kow better with her background and experience than to put that out here and downplay it.

Have to say the quality of the feedback in this topic so far is golden and good reads even when I personally disagree on some points such as Scan data wipe. 

I strongly feel a Scan data wipe on Demeter drop is important for the very simple reason that the tiles are infinite.

Scooping / land grabbing all the best tiles from scans players have already benefitted from is not a good outcome and may lead to a situation that tips the scales in the pro-wipe campaign’s favour next year.

This I definitely do not want to see so please wipe these things now so more does not get tempted to be wiped later. Also I say this while holding a very large library of old scan data myself since I have always been to lazy to delete them when mass scanning. 

1 hour ago, Hirnsausen said:

The video was nice to watch, and also was informative.

There are 3 points where I need to give or get input:

1 - Dawn of Demeter / Nvidia "Geforce Now" Client Unavailability

I am a little bitt concerned about not having enough time o harvest some mega nodes on some of my territories because DU is sill unavailable for login inside tha Nvidia Geforce Now game client.

I am also concerned of not being able to place constructs inside the huge cavity I am working on since over a year for my future underground base. If I have not ime enough o place sructures there to get the NQ team to excavate, I will lose all the dug-out cavity I did during the last year.

Therefore, my question is, when DU will become available again inside the Nvidia Geforce Now game client. Many players are using this client. Can we get some estimations when we can play DU again and prepare for Demeter?

2 - Demeter - Territory Tax - Suggestion
Why would the territory tax amount not be depending on the yield amount of that territory? This way, tax-free no-value territories would mostly be used for HQs, while yieldful territories would predominantly be used for mining. Also, tax-free terriories should not allow mining drones at all.

Low-yield territories would be cheaper to own as the earning is lower, while high-yield territories would have that announced sky-high tax of 1 million of hard-to-come-by quantas. This way, a player who couldn't claim any high-yield territory, would not be in financial tax disadvantage to those orgs that hold many high-yield territories. Like in real life, property tax depends on property value (in our case: ore yield amount).

3 - DSAT & T3 Ore
I do not see the problem here. Is T3 ore not available on many planets? I believe, it is possible o acquire T3 ore on several planets and then becoming able to build DSATs. T3 ore does not exist on asteroids alone...
But that is just my opinion...

Right now 3 is not a problem at all. However if NQ did a full wipe and all T3 reserves are gone there is only 2 ways to acquire T3 ore.

Making advanced mining units since T2 units cannot extract T3 (requires T3) or making a DSAT to find asteroids (also requires T3 ore). So after a full wipe the way it currently is in order to break this cycle player/player’s would need to run in to an asteroid by complete chance without a DSAT to guide them. This is not easy to do at all. 

59 minutes ago, Physics said:

Making advanced mining units since T2 units cannot extract T3 (requires T3) or making a DSAT to find asteroids (also requires T3 ore). So after a full wipe the way it currently is in order to break this cycle player/player’s would need to run in to an asteroid by complete chance without a DSAT to guide them. This is not easy to do at all. 

Point taken, thanks for the clarification.