Jump to content

Abandoned Constructs/Territories


Honvik
 Share

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Just wondering, wont all their quanta be gone as well.  Since their territory units will be deducting the funds until all their funds run out.  So, the quanta is the 1st thing to go, when that runs out, all the rest goes.  Is that right or am I missing something?

Right now they have proposed a manual adding of quanta to however many tiles you have except the 5 Base/Headquarter tiles. You got two weeks to pay and someone can come claim it. Then you got two weeks to move ships and dismantle your builds and hope you got blueprints and some kind of way to tell how to reassemble it all and hope that all of it does not warp the voxels when you place it all back down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2021 at 4:10 PM, Maxim Kammerer said:

The obvious reaction is moving all assets to Sanctuary and build temporary mining outposts on other planets and moons only. Than NQ will be once more surprised that we don't play the game as intended and come up with the next crazy idea.

That's the interesting thing, they really think you can "play" this game. But it is an empty sandbox in which you first have to bring the sand to play, then you need the game forms to have fun. So apart from missions, there is no content.
There is also no PvP per se, if you compare it to WoW for example, just join a BG or battleground and have fun - you can't. you have to do missions beforehand to get quanta or then stay forever on Sanctuary Moon to collect ores there. Of course, the real content can now be seen as building itself, but this is now even more restricted in how and how much you can build. There is no other content that you are used to in other games. The planets themselves are empty, dead. Except for a few copy-paste plantings to look fancy and birdsong without birds, all the celestial bodies are dead.  In principle, you can only leave one planet if you are only referring to the building and you could ignore everything else in the game. Or you could just mine the T3-5 asteroids and build a SPacestation.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

Didnt we all sign up to a game where all territories outside sanctuary would be potential open for attack?  Pretty sure that was the plan.

 

Actually original plan was that first there will be only 20 km radius from Arkship as safe zone.

Plus definition that other safe-zones may be implemented later.

 

So first of those implementations were Sanctuary moon.

- even sanctuary moon definition has changed a lot.

- it were supposed not to have any ore what soever.

- only player markets

- then it got surface ores, then ground ores, now auto-miner wealth

 

So safe-zones do change, Old definitions are obsolete. Only new ones do count.

 

Definition how to loose your assets has always been:

When you go outside of safe-zone you may loose your assets; what ever safe-zone may be.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The sanctuary moon made sense really, i actually thouhgt hat was a smart solution for some potential issues down the line.

That NQ then pretty much declared the main area for the game a complete safe zone was not so great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

Do you really think NQ cares about what we all signed up for?

You all seem to quote it when it suits you but ignore it when it doesnt.  I have always wanted a game where people (including me) can loose stuff, I want risk in my games.  I do agree that taxes should be manageable and you should be able to pay them well in advance (1M per week is too spiteful) but i have no issue with people losing there stuff if they abandon the game, just like I dont mind if i loose my stuff via a territory attack.

I am really excited about salvaging players stuff, ripping down towers etc.  Might even pop back in game for a bit to take part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

I have always wanted a game where people (including me) can loose stuff, I want risk in my games.

The problem is not the possibility of losing stuff but arbitrary changes of the corresponding rules.

 

21 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

I am really excited about salvaging players stuff, ripping down towers etc.  Might even pop back in game for a bit to take part.

The owners of this stuff will not be excited and most probably leave forever and tell everybody to stay away from DU. If too many players leave and not enough new players come in there will be no game for you to pop back in. So make sure you enjoy the salvaging party. It could be the last thing you do in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

The problem is not the possibility of losing stuff but arbitrary changes of the corresponding rules.

 

The owners of this stuff will not be excited and most probably leave forever and tell everybody to stay away from DU. If too many players leave and not enough new players come in there will be no game for you to pop back in. So make sure you enjoy the salvaging party. It could be the last thing you do in the game.

They are surely going to loose it at some point, the game isnt live lol  WHY people are so attached to their stuff at the moment I will never know.  Crying over pixels in a beta?

I dont care about the population now, I care about it when it launches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

They are surely going to loose it at some point

If you are talking about a wipe before release - that would be just another U-turn of NQ because they repeatedly assured that there will be no wipes anymore. This promise is the answer to your question why people are so attached to their stuff.

 

6 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

I dont care about the population now, I care about it when it launches.

If there will be a launch also depends on the population now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

 

But it gets harder and harder to guess what this "certain way" is. For a long time it looked like building pretty constructs is part of it. Now the builders get punished with a tax or expropriation. If everything that players do might finally be turned against them than they will stop playing at all.

Agreed and well said. They give a wink and a nod to "team up or play solo, do whatever you want, build a civilization in space without restrictions" (or something to that affect) and then they set out to drive a narrow playstyle that is so boring the dev's don't even play. 

 

In a sense, even NQ doesn't know the "certain way", they have a general idea but players always find a unique playstyle to make the game bend to their will and then NQ says, no no no, that's not how you play and then they change the rules. This cycle repeats over and over.

 

My kids do the same thing to each other, the younger never plays "the right way" so the older changes the rules and this cycle repeats until the younger quits, the older gets frustrated and everything explodes. 

 

Bottom line, noones wants to be controlled. 

 

We are nearing the explosion stage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

The problem is not the possibility of losing stuff but arbitrary changes of the corresponding rules.

 

Not really, the problem is NQ pretending they have a game in Beta development stage while it is still very much Alpha. 

 

"arbitrary changes of the corresponding rules" is pretty much part of how Alpha game development works where the devs will and can change things as they see fit for any number of reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Same here. I was already only logging in for daily stipend and occasional mission, but even that was already a frustrating experience every single time. So I stopped doing that when it became clear that the ships I purchased in player economy would stop working soon. Because I already had very little motivation left in the first place.

 

I was basically just waiting around for the game to become worth playing. Although I had pretty much already abandoned all hope of that ever happening. Then they laughed off my AMA questions as off-topic, and that was the final straw.

 

Then shortly after I uninstalled the game, taxes were announced. I actually reinstalled the game so I could move my stuff to Sanctuary so I could stay away from the game as long as I wanted without losing anything. Who knows in a few years down the road, right? Oh yeah and I had to dismantle my 80mil Caterpillar XL too because otherwise I couldn't take it with me without changing Lua parameters, and I couldnt change Lua parameters because that is BUGGED. The elevator would stop working soon anyway because of the atmo brakes issue. Thank you NQ!

 

And THEN a few weeks later they say, oh sorry we forgot to mention, you can still have tax-free HQ tiles outside of Sanctuary... After I already took down my base and abandoned my  perfect beautiful little tile on Alioth close to the market. And now of course that tile has already been claimed by someone else. Best of luck to them with the abandoned large core that I couldn't pick up because I couldn't find all the voxels to delete.

 

So the damage is already done. I can't reclaim the tile, and even if I could, I can't put my base back because it's impossible to deploy static core blueprints in a sensible way. I knew the move would be permanent, I just didn't know I might not have to pay taxes!

 

Why those fucking idiots waited a few weeks to mention THAT... It should have been the VERY FIRST thing they said weeks ago. And it should have been included with Demeter right away. Unless of course they are talking out of their ass and only considering HQ tiles now because of the backlash against taxes. Just like they are talking out of their ass about the "accidental" atmo brake issue on PTS (first they said it was not an accident they just wanted to test it).

 

Pissed off doesn't begin to come close. This is just so surreal I must be stuck in a psychedelic trip, someone pinch me please.

 

The only saving grace is that it's not much of a loss because it's a laughable bugged shit browser game anyway and that's unlikely to ever change. So I'm just gonna grab the popcorn and enjoy watching this unadulterated dumpster fire from a distance until the ship has well and truly sunk and DU has been permanently put out of my misery.

 

P.S. for the idiots who think you need taxes to clean up inactive player assets, get a load of this: All NQ has to do to determine whether a player is inactive is... drum roll... check when they were last active! For a subscription game, this simply means: Check if they still have a paid subscription. Now this won't work for crowdfunder backers because they don't have a subscription, but you can still check when they last logged in. No need for any taxes not even 1 quanta. Although if this game is in such shape that it needs to start deleting assets from backers then that tells you something. And also it's not very polite to say the least. We're not even out of beta yet ffs. NQ still owes us a game.

 

Adios.

 

Dont be upset because of those taxfree HQ-tiles. Because they are not taxfree anymore!

They are taxed but you dont loose them if you not pay taxes--- what ever that means.

image.thumb.png.00003485cbf46973114d8ea809126fbc.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zarcata said:

That's the interesting thing, they really think you can "play" this game. But it is an empty sandbox in which you first have to bring the sand to play, then you need the game forms to have fun. So apart from missions, there is no content.
There is also no PvP per se, if you compare it to WoW for example, just join a BG or battleground and have fun - you can't. you have to do missions beforehand to get quanta or then stay forever on Sanctuary Moon to collect ores there. Of course, the real content can now be seen as building itself, but this is now even more restricted in how and how much you can build. There is no other content that you are used to in other games. The planets themselves are empty, dead. Except for a few copy-paste plantings to look fancy and birdsong without birds, all the celestial bodies are dead.  In principle, you can only leave one planet if you are only referring to the building and you could ignore everything else in the game. Or you could just mine the T3-5 asteroids and build a SPacestation.

 

 

If anything just drop the 5 HQ tiles and have everyone start an Org and then just not log on since its tax free in addition to the free sanctuary tile. Though they never said if you could mine on HQ tiles. If its the case that you can mine tax free just use HQ tiles with every person in your clan havingtheir own org doing the same and just not play for a few months till they get the message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2021 at 8:59 AM, Jake Arver said:

The sanctuary moon made sense really, i actually thouhgt hat was a smart solution for some potential issues down the line.

That NQ then pretty much declared the main area for the game a complete safe zone was not so great

 

Yeah if they didnt they realized pretty quick that all these pvp scripts were going to kill their game faster than they could destroy it themselves. There is no game if everyone got blocaded on sanctuary all the time with one tile and no reason to play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2021 at 6:00 PM, kulkija said:

 

Dont be upset because of those taxfree HQ-tiles. Because they are not taxfree anymore!

They are taxed but you dont loose them if you not pay taxes--- what ever that means.

image.thumb.png.00003485cbf46973114d8ea809126fbc.png

 

 

This does not solve the potential abuse of these tiles by orgs if they get full acceess to them to build and gain free space for their constructs and activities. This comoment makees it even worse as orgs can now pick and choose where to pay taxes depending on what resrouces they need while never running the risk of losing access to these resources as the claim never is lost.

It's just the usual NQ backpeddaling caused by ill conceived ideas and not thinking longterm. There is no sign of them having any plans or structure to the progress, still making stuff up as they go and making bad ideas worse as they go because of it.

The bolt-on and duct tape strategy NQ seems to use causes the game to become more messy at each turn with less of a chance to go back and fix these things properly as times goes by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2021 at 9:05 AM, Kobayashi said:

You all seem to quote it when it suits you but ignore it when it doesnt.  I have always wanted a game where people (including me) can loose stuff, I want risk in my games.  I do agree that taxes should be manageable and you should be able to pay them well in advance (1M per week is too spiteful) but i have no issue with people losing there stuff if they abandon the game, just like I dont mind if i loose my stuff via a territory attack.

I am really excited about salvaging players stuff, ripping down towers etc.  Might even pop back in game for a bit to take part.

 

They never bothered to set up a ruleset for territory war or developed any ground game or AA guns to even make defending a battle from above to even be a thing. No guns, nothing of the sort suggesting that it will happen. Thing is when they just arbitrarily decide to just do it its game over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...